Hass Kabal

Scorpion's Soul Pirate Ship

This ship is so amazing I can't believe it doesn't have more support on Cuusoo. I check in on this project like once a month to see if its picking up any recognition and there's barely any. It's by far my favorite pirate ship moc.

Granted even if LEGO did decide to build it, it would have to be greatly downsized, but I would hope they follow the color scheme, the sails, and at least make it equivalent to the Imperial Flagship. But that's no reason NOT to vote for, I mean the UCS Sand Crawler got 10,000 votes, and there's no way LEGO would make something that scale. Then again, Sand Crawler has the entire Star Wars franchise behind it but still... This project needs more support.

My favorite LEGO ship thus far. This is just amazing...especially because it was originally an LDD project... So glad it came to life so well. :)

post-59397-0-40411700-1372880542_thumb.pngThis is photo to my project, Im trying to creat the ghost ship... in the moment i'm using 36 cannons.. I hope my project came to reality... Edited by FelipeVasconcellos

This is stunning! Love everything about it, especially the size!

Posting, spam and off topic topics: ... Posting in "old" topics is generally frowned on, but it's a complicated topic. Read here for more details on this.

You need much more than a simple complement to bump old topics. Please read the link within the site guidelines quote.

Again, due to the lull in activity I'm posting on an otherwise dead topic. (I hope the Phreditor will understand.)

When I first discovered Classic-Pirates nearly two years ago I embarked on an ambitious journey: to view the entire contents of the MOC archives. It took a while but eventually I succeeded. After seeing so much material some of it began to run together in my mind but I could remember some of the best examples in each category. I think I can positively identify nearly 50 ships from memory, and this is one that really stood out from the rest. The overall design is very good and it makes excellent use of color. There are details aplenty and a varied crew to match. The custom sails are gorgeous despite being unrealistically thin. She's a large vessel but still looks reasonable on prefab hulls. Some people have expressed the thought that she's the best pirate ship ever.

Maybe.

For all her beauty I never could come to terms with the brickbuilt upper bow. It's very smooth with good curvature but it always looked somewhat disjointed from the prefab upper the way it hangs out slightly. I fully understand it's just one of the limitations of enlarged prefab ships, but considering the prominence of the bow and prow I just can't help but think they should be as smoothly joined as possible. It doesn't exactly ruin the look but it definitely doesn't enhance it either. I don't say this to be overly critical - I like the vessel overall - but rather to point out what everyone already knows: prefabs just can't be drastically enlarged without encountering problems. The ultimate, in my mind, will always be a full brickbuilt hull. The prefabs will always work well for smaller vessels.

Likewise I can't comprehend why so many projects go to Cuusoo/Ideas when there is clearly no chance of it ever happening. Make no mistake, this is an excellent vessel - but the piece count alone would have to be more than cut in half before TLG would even consider it. Popularity with the general population seems to be the trump, and the small subset that likes tall ships isn't enough to justify producing this type of design as a set when the theme it's tied to only lives every few years at best.

I may sound a bit negative, but I look at this model with admiration. She's truly a force to reckon with. Too bad she's on the wrong side of the law!

I have no problem with people discussing a MOC that has already been bumped. :thumbup:

Phred, I didn't think you'd have a problem with my post - I was mostly trying to prompt a sassy reply to my name-calling!

As for commenting on bumped topics, especially ones like this that have been quiet for 23 months, it's probably best for people like me to reply as soon as it's bumped so it will quickly move down the page. I meant to reply sooner but just didn't get it done. At any rate it's a tricky business, but short of locking out all but the author from old topics I don't know how to prevent bumping from happening. Education, I suppose... and here I thought that was part of the sign-up!

blogged.png

After over a decade of long wait, the Classic-Pirates crew finally brings you a blog-post about this shipbuilding gem. 

You see, we will eventually cover all fantastic MOCs inside the forum, so don't despair if that does not happen during this particular decade for your fantastic idea. If it's good, it will be published! (eventually) :pir-triumph:

Read more about the Scorpion's Soul, and his creator @Hass Kabal , in this week post on the Classic-Pirates.com

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

ou see, we will eventually cover all fantastic MOCs inside the forum, so don't despair if that does not happen during this particular decade for your fantastic idea. If it's good, it will be published! (eventually) :pir-triumph:

If we had more dedicated bloggers like yourself, we might be able to reduce that timeframe to 5 years :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

we might be able to reduce that timeframe to 5 years

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, 10 year frame is already pushing the boundaries of our comfort zone :pir-grin: 

So what say you Governor, is this the ultimate pirate ship - or - closely in the top 5?

Same question to you @Cincinnati :pir-triumph:

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

So what say you Governor, is this the ultimate pirate ship - or - closely in the top 5?

That's something you need to create a poll for...

Scorpion's Soul is battling with the likes of the likes of the Skulls Eye Schooner and Black Seas Barracuda for the number one spot.

On 21/12/2022 at 16:35, Marooned Marin said:

Non anticipiamo noi stessi, il frame di 10 anni sta già spingendo i confini della nostra zona di comfort :pir-grin: 

Quindi cosa dici, Governatore , è questa la nave pirata definitiva - o - da vicino nella top 5?

Stessa domanda a te@Cincinnati :pir-trionfo:

I'm no ships expert, Marin, but I really like this one :pir-classic:

23 hours ago, PxChris said:

It was a pleasure to learn about this build and revel in the amazing details of it!

Thanks Chris, glad to hear it! :pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, Cincinnati said:

I'm no ships expert,

Not yet, but maybe this time next year... who knows :pir-triumph: