WhiteFang

Eurobricks LEGO Batman Contest

Gotta say that, more time i spend on EB i am more fascinated with you people. Contest today, charity tommorrow, prizes here and there, simply fantastic. But, regarding the competition, are the new members allowed to participate, for example, starting now and when is the deadline? :)

Becoming a great EB fan and looking forward on becoming an active member. :)

But, regarding the competition, are the new members allowed to participate, for example, starting now and when is the deadline? :)

Quoting the hosts of the contest:

The contest begins now and will end on the 29th of November, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8).

Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote.

Hope that helps! :wink:

IGNORE THIS POST, as I figured it out on my own. (Sheepish grin.)

I used the insert image tool from the posting window to grab the images from my Flickr gallery, but when I tried to post my entry, it told me "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.". Uh, . . . little help?

Edited by imitationspud

Looking forward to more of your awesome entries, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Sweet, thanks, Clayface WhiteFang (and The Penguin)! Hopefully I can make it to this deadline! :sweet:

Good to have so many members who follow the contest and even help to fish our little errors in other entrants' entries! :tongue:

may include up to 3 (7) more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.

Please make sure your entry for CAT1 has no more than eight pictures and the entry for CAT2 - four. You can put the rest in an outside gallery! :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

[4]No clone brands are allowed

[6]Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, are allowed.

I find these two rules contradicting. It's really funny that companies that make stuff that fit with LEGO toys, either are clone or custom, based on if people like the pieces or not.

Erland

Part Design

I find these two rules contradicting. It's really funny that companies that make stuff that fit with LEGO toys, either are clone or custom, based on if people like the pieces or not.

Front, these rules reflect usage of Mega Bloks, China counterfeit's brand, Oxford, etc are not allowed since these toy brands are using their own building bricks concept and is differ from LEGO and it is not meant to complement the usage of LEGO.

Whereas, customs vendors such as BrickArms, BrickForge, etc, which focus on creating customisation parts and is targeted solely for the usage and complementing on LEGO parts through their design integration. You don't see these custom vendors placing their usage on the above brands/toys which I had mentioned.

Thus, this is the difference.

Gotta say that, more time i spend on EB i am more fascinated with you people. Contest today, charity tommorrow, prizes here and there, simply fantastic. But, regarding the competition, are the new members allowed to participate, for example, starting now and when is the deadline? :)

Becoming a great EB fan and looking forward on becoming an active member. :)

you people?? what do you mean "you people"?!

kidding

this contest rules, waiting for parts to arrive then will be submitting my CAT 2 piece

Since posting my entry I have updated it a lot so would I be able to post my updated version or is what I posted final?

You can change it as many times as you like, just don't forget to mention it in your thread and the version for voting will be the latest one you've posted. :classic:

However my advice would be not to do it very often, since people get used top a particular image, and change is not always for the better.

You can change it as many times as you like, just don't forget to mention it in your thread and the version for voting will be the latest one you've posted. :classic:

However my advice would be not to do it very often, since people get used top a particular image, and change is not always for the better.

Thanks Penguin, I won't change it to much. I'm almost done modifying it, I just wanted to know if I could post it before I was done.

As you can see, I have been marking out those entries for this contest. If you have submitted an entry and was not marked by me, please let me know.

Right now, we (The Penguin, CorneliusMurdock and myself) will be checking and ensure that the entries have met the rules or it will be disqualify before 20th December 2011 where the voting will commence for a period of 7 days.

Good luck everyone! There are still abit of time left, so for those who have not submitted your entries, please do so soon!

Okay I have a question. I have a scene that doesn't use the official Catwoman figure, but has a custom one, using only official parts, that works just fine. Is that okay for me to do? Or do I need to use the Catwoman.

Okay I have a question. I have a scene that doesn't use the official Catwoman figure, but has a custom one, using only official parts, that works just fine. Is that okay for me to do? Or do I need to use the Catwoman.

Yes. It's fine. You have less than 14 hours to go before voting starts. Read the rules again if you are unsure.

The deadline looms - but when is it exactly? I suck at figuring out timelines. Please double-check my math! Is 1200 tomorrow 8:00 pm tonight in the USA Pacific timezone? I hope it's not sooner than that, because the digital camera won't be here until about 6:30 tonight!

hi guys i'm having trouble posting pics can someone help me by telling me how i am using brickshelf and when i try to post it keeps saying that i can not post this image extension in this board?

Based on this post timestamp, it will be exactly 3 hours and 15 minutes remaining before this contest is considered close.

hi guys i'm having trouble posting pics can someone help me by telling me how i am using brickshelf and when i try to post it keeps saying that i can not post this image extension in this board?

Please refer to this tutorial!