Sign in to follow this  
Sid Sidious

[MOC] PotC The Cannibal Escape Alternate Build

thindexedgif.gif185a

This is something I built using just the pieces from set 4182: The Cannibal Escape.

Jack Sparrow and Will Turner were about to escape from Voodoo Island, when the cannibals summoned their voodoo demon. They quickly built a wooden wall to defend themselves, and started fighting what would surely be a suicidal battle.

lego_mocs_001.jpg

Overall view

lego_mocs_002.jpg

Just the demon

lego_mocs_003.jpg

lego_mocs_004.jpg

lego_mocs_005.jpg

The demon from the back

lego_mocs_006.jpg

An aerial view from the back.

lego_mocs_007.jpg

The voodoo staff.

Since this model has quite a few points of articulation, and the set didn't come with too many joints, it was a challenge to build this. I ended up using pretty much every building technique I knew (and some I made up for this) to get the demon to work. It was very fragile and hard to pose, but I still think it looks intimidating.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and enjoy.

Very creative, I like it! :pir_laugh2: I'm impressed that you took the challenge of only using parts from the set. The mouth is my favorite part! :pir-laugh: This is a great MOC overall. :pir-wink:

Very creative, I like it! :pir_laugh2: I'm impressed that you took the challenge of only using parts from the set. The mouth is my favorite part! :pir-laugh: This is a great MOC overall. :pir-wink:

Thanks! It was kind of hard to do, but I'm happy with the result. The mouth is also one of my favorite parts.

It's nice to see MOC's made being a single set, I think these types of MOC's are great for new builders or builders with limited bricks to build from.

Nice work, very creative, I could see this being a great part of a larger first scene.

Highly creative design ' Sid Sidious ', a giant zombie monster - COOL - everyone needs one of those ! :pir_laugh2:

Excellent MOC building from that set too ! :pir-wink:

Keep on drinking that rum ' Sid Sidious ' ! :pir-grin:

I think it is creative indeed.

I usually strive to use the "best" part for the job in any MOC, but since your goal was to use only the parts from that set for your MOC, I have to applaud your result.

How did you look at the cannibal escape set and think, "I should build a voodoo demon"?

How did you look at the cannibal escape set and think, "I should build a voodoo demon"?

Usually when I make a MOC out of just one set, I put all the pieces on the floor and just put a few pieces together for a while; just messing around. Eventually, I see something that looks cool and try to build something around it. For example, this set was going to be a tiki bar, and then a cave prison. I realized that the brown BURPS looked like legs and that the leaf pieces could be teeth, so I built a voodoo demon.

This is amazing!

This is also a 3 years old topic!

Please don't bump old topics if you have nothing more to contribute to the discussion.