Professor Flitwick

Lego Batman 2 announced!

Article here!

Another here!

Just recently been revealed, so no information other than it's confirmation have yet to be revealed. It appears the Hobbit game is just a game they're announcing, not a Lego game, giving no further substance to this possible Lego license. :sceptic:

I hope the hubs better than the last one, there was almost nobody there. I also hope the wierd puppet thing is not there

I don't think that there really is anything about The Hobbitt being a LEGO game, but I am excited for Batman. I hope that they have the sense to add more characters, variations, bossess (for villians), and character variety in hero levels (it got boring having Batman and Robin in every single Hero level).

This is great news! This means that the Lego Superheroes videogame wont focus as much on Batman as the actual sets seem to do, which in return gives me even more hope that Superheroes will include both DC and Marvel! :sweet:

I just hope this game doesn't have the kiddie-colorful aesthetic of the new Batcave. :hmpf_bad:

All I hope for is this....speciality style attacks for each character and not the same kinda thing for the villians...

And that Black Mask and Huntress is in the Game...

Great news! I guess the game may indeed receive a certain B:BB style, butr anyway, it's Batman!

More Penguin's evil plots! :moar:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I recall lots of people not liking the Lego Batman game that much, but I personally really liked it!

So I am very excited for this release! :sweet:

Awesome! I have been waiting for LEGO Batman 2 since I got the first game. But I'm assuming that the second wave of DC will come out first, since they still need new Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, and Harley Quinn designs.

Holy sequels Batman! :grin:

Cool, lets hope no more stupid wandering stuff like in recent games, that is so annoying trying to find someone to buy when they keep moving all over the place.

Cool, lets hope no more stupid wandering stuff like in recent games, that is so annoying trying to find someone to buy when they keep moving all over the place.

:thumbup:

Another thing I want them to fix is the glitches that recurr throughout all the games. For instance, if my party is two custom characters, the screen freezes and the game makes a continuous whining sound. I have to unplug my console when that happens. :hmpf_bad: This glitch occurs no matter what game I am playing, be it SW III or Batman.

It says "Tremblay wasn’t at liberty to provide explicit details on the DC Comics game, nor the superhero which would be starring in it."

So the other game will undoubtedly be all the DC Comics characters, with a starring role for Superman.

Can a LEGO format be the solution to the long-standing curse that no Superman video game can ever be good or successful? I think so!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

I'm definitely looking forward to this, I really liked the first game, and this should be even better.

But I was hoping they would make a Lego Batman: Arkham Asylum/City. That would be great. :cry_happy:

I'm definitely looking forward to this, I really liked the first game, and this should be even better.

But I was hoping they would make a Lego Batman: Arkham Asylum/City. That would be great. :cry_happy:

It very well could be, though I was hoping for somthing like LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, where you could play through modified versions of episodes of the Animated Series, Brave and The Bold, and some of the movies.

I don't know why you're counting out that it won't be a more kid-friendly Arkham Asylum game though, we don't even have a title.

:classic:

It very well could be, though I was hoping for somthing like LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, where you could play through modified versions of episodes of the Animated Series, Brave and The Bold, and some of the movies.

I don't know why you're counting out that it won't be a more kid-friendly Arkham Asylum game though, we don't even have a title.

:classic:

I doubt it would be, it would go against the format of every other Lego game. It would also be hard to get an Arkham Asylum type game, but still make it 2-player. I think it will have an original story again, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong. :classic:

Edited by LandShark

I believe there was some unclarity about whether LEGO: Batman 2 would be different from LEGO: Superheroes, but I suppose this should clarify things :sweet: (scroll all the way down to see what I mean :wink: )

Regards,

Mitch

I believe there was some unclarity about whether LEGO: Batman 2 would be different from LEGO: Superheroes, but I suppose this should clarify things :sweet: (scroll all the way down to see what I mean :wink: )

Regards,

Mitch

It says that LEGO Batman 2 will be the DC game, with other superheroes from the DC Universe present. Darn it, I was hoping that Batman 2 would be only Batman, Robin, and the villains, while the other game would be DC vs Marvel. Guess I have to live with it. :sadnew:

I never expected the Superheroes game to be a Marvel and DC mix-up. I don't think there's enough basis for that.

I know there are some comics that revolve around the DC and Marvel Universes coming together, but not a lot.

And honestly, in my opinion putting DC and Marvel together wouldn't be good. I'd rather they focus on those universes individually.

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

I agree with the annoyence of characters to buy just wander of, like in the Pirate of the Carribians game.

Maybe the levels could be varied instead of going to chase a bad guy then having a boss fight. An Arkham Aslyum level would be amazing :cry_happy: Imagine the inmates running around and blocking your path!

Plus you should be able to play as Batgirl and Nightwing in story mode, maybe even Alfred and Bruce wayne! :grin:

I agree with greeny, it would be nice to play with other characters in story mode than just Batman and Robin.

But in L:B2 we'll get more superheroes anyway, so I assume they'll be part of the story anyway.

Wondering what kind of story they'll come up with, though :sweet:

Maybe some sort of origin of the JLA :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

I agree with greeny, it would be nice to play with other characters in story mode than just Batman and Robin.

But in L:B2 we'll get more superheroes anyway, so I assume they'll be part of the story anyway.

Wondering what kind of story they'll come up with, though :sweet:

Maybe some sort of origin of the JLA :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

Just going by the promotional images, hints, and conclustions, so I'm sure I'm wrong, I'm only going to have a little fun with this.

It seems like Joker and Luthor team up, capture Wonder Woman, so Batman and Superman have to save her.

I honestly hope it isn't that, since it's Batman and then DC Super Heroes, I think that we can assume that it's a Brave and the Bold stlye. I hope that it isn't just the justice league, and that they don't forget the Batman family.

The sequel was hinted at the end of the first batman game though, so it's possible that Joker, Penguin, and Riddler break out of Arkham again and team up with Lex Luthor.

I hope that there's an Old Save Data thing so that even if some characters who were in the first game don't appear, we could still have them for play (I'm thinking about Batgirl, Nightwing, and some villains like Mad Hatter and Man-Bat)

I guess it's about time to ressurect this thread with this:

Batman is back to save Gotham City and the action will only build from here! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group are teaming up once again to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes will be available beginning Summer 2012 for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. The game is the sequel to the best-selling LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide.

LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

In LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes builds upon the action and cooperative gameplay experience established in our best-selling LEGO videogame to date, LEGO Batman: The Videogame,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “We’re offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together.”

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes further extends and combines both the Batman and LEGO videogame experiences to create very fun gameplay,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Fans of all ages are going to enjoy the action and light hearted humor that TT Games and LEGO provide.”

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes allows players to explore all new areas of Gotham City utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Batmobile and Batwing. In addition, they’ll be able to fight for justice by mastering new gadgets and suits, such as Batman’s Power Suit and Robins’’Hazard Cannon, and using all-new abilities including flight, super-breath and heat vision.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.videogames.LEGO.com.

Found on FBTB.net

Time for my dream list of characters in Batman 2 :classic:

Heroes:

Batman

Superman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern Hal

Green Lantern John

Green Lantern Kyle

The Flash

Aquaman

Robin

Nightwing

Batgirl

Bruce Wayne

Clark Kent

Diana Prince

Hal Jordan

John Stuart

Kyle Rayner

Barry Allen

Arthur Curry

Tim Drake

Dick Grayson

Barbara Gordon

Alfred

Villains:

Joker

Lex Luthor

Sinestro

Cheetah

Reverse-Flash

Black Manta

Riddler

Edward Nigma

Two-Face

Harvey Dent

Poison Ivy

Pamela Isley

Bane

Harley Quinn

Harleen Quinzel

Mr. Freeze

Victor Fries (Pre-Accident)

Clayface

Catwoman

Selina Kyle

Killer Croc

Mad Hatter

Jervis Tetc

Scarecrow

Dr Jonathan Crane

So yeah. Ideally that will be the roster, although it probably a bit too extensive! Still looking forward to it though xD