Theo

LEGO alternate legs

I had seen this picture in brothers-brick some months before and I really wanted to found a way for the LEGO mini figure's legs to be more realistic.

I tried different ideas yesterday, I can say that much more things could be done If I wanted to cut some parts but I didn't.

So, that's what I came up with finally. Please tell me if you have any better idea.

Also I have to add that I want to use these minifigures in a comic, so playability was not my first priority, nice posing options was what I wanted most. Folding the legs was essential too. Both on the front and the back of the minifigure.

6257336142_4770e845fa_z.jpg

Here are the parts I used

6257396826_db38d03b1c_z.jpg

And here an other funny idea, lego girl in high heels!!!

6257336326_c6e8cb744a_z.jpg

So what do you think? I hope I am not reinventing the wheel here...Sorry if my English are not very good, I am Greek.

Edited by Theo

Wow, that looks really good! If only I had the parts to make something like that......

The parts make it look really real, and the posability seems to be perfect as well. Your English is exellent, considering that you are not a native English speaker. Good job! :thumbup:

Darth Nihilius out! :devil:

Looks good, how poseable is it?

And I don't see any problems with you're English, so I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

i did some combos and manage to make 'movable Lego minfig', You can see it HERE

I hope that this can help you. Btw. I keep Lego torso and legs.

hey theo its me panos ;) .. i think that the legs look a lot more realistic but the only thing that bothers me is taht the hands are not in the same scale with the feet...but it is really cool :)

hey theo its me panos ;) .. i think that the legs look a lot more realistic but the only thing that bothers me is taht the hands are not in the same scale with the feet...but it is really cool :)

Hi! Do you mean that the legs are too long? I have decided to cut the axle on the "shoes" in order to be more short and it really seems better. Sorry Lego purists...

The most cool thing I think is that now minifigures are able to hold long weapons without looking akward.

More pics (not very good ones) here

i did some combos and manage to make 'movable Lego minfig', You can see it HERE

I hope that this can help you. Btw. I keep Lego torso and legs.

Interesting idea...but the hands seem so not-LEGO for my taste...any other ideas anyone? Thanks for sharing lakuda!

Other than everyone wearing size 18 shoes what do you gain from this mod? They aren't more posable than the stock MF legs...

Other than everyone wearing size 18 shoes what do you gain from this mod? They aren't more posable than the stock MF legs...

As I said, I 'm gonna make a LEGO comic. I have done one before, now I want to make something better. Don't think that I am new to LEGOs, trying to do weird new things...

LEGO minifigures, andoubtedly have a scalling problem and that's OK for most of the time.

I noticed that in a LEGO COMIC, while buildings can be made to seem real, the minifigures look more like dolls than real people.

I discovered that by making the legs a bit longer this way, the minifigures seemed a lot more real.

They can sit, bend, run, hold things in a much better way. It may not be easier to make them pose but the pose will definatelly look more reallistic.

At least for me...

Edited by Theo

I discovered that by making the legs a bit longer this way, the minifigures seemed a lot more real.

They can sit, bend, run, hold things in a much better way. It may not be easier to make them pose but the pose will definatelly look more reallistic.

At least for me...

Okay, I guess I was just thrown off because you said that posability was important but these legs don't do any pose that the original ones can't do.

I can however see that you could make statically positioned sets of legs that mimic the more rounded shape of these legs for consistency.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing just asking so I understand.

Did you noticed that the new "Friends" minifigures are also taller than the regular ones? ( and they still use the same hair pieces and same hands... )

So taller minifigures in the same scale works for LEGO too...

Here is an example of how I use the new legs in my comic (rough image):

alternatelegolegs.jpg

The first episode will soon be ready, I will inform you, and I almost always use these legs. Only sometimes, when they are not visible I use the old ones as they are more stable and they sit on the studs due to the holes they have...

this is a really creative idea. I wonder how the figs would look with the longer arms introduced in the toy story line.

this is a really creative idea. I wonder how the figs would look with the longer arms introduced in the toy story line.

Tried that, they don't look good. I tried with both versions of my legs and the long arms seem too long. They make the head seem small too.

Brilliant, this gives the minifigures a better look. It's great that you have only used Lego standard parts too.

With the standard Lego arms they match human proportions with your legs also.

Well done.

Have now tried this mod.

One small improvement to hold the legs in the body I've cut 2 pieces of Lego pneumatic tubing and slid it over the ends that go into the body, the legs now stay put.