MrZ

I'm never ordering from Amazon again!

One of my Amazon boxes arrived with several gaping holes in the Lego box but NOT the shipping box, so it was clear they knowingly shipped it like that. Mine was for me so I didn't care once I checked the contents.

I never thought twice about it but perhaps the warehouse where they store Lego has some issues. I should have mentioned it to them.

For how much I buy from them they are extraordinarily good.

We ordered the Fire Brigade from Amazon and it arrived inside a box that was big enough to hold 5 of them. Because the shipping box was almost completely hollow, it got crushed in shipping and the LEGO box was also damaged (but of course the actual LEGO's were perfectly fine).

I contacted Amazon and they gave me the option to have them replace it for free or keep the damaged item and receive 50% refund. I went for the refund and was thrilled to get a Fire Brigade for $73.

I only hope they slightly damage MORE of my items in the future if I can expect this sort of top notch customer service!

Just work with them and they will make it right. And since you are buying them to resell, you've got time to let them send you new perfect ones.

We ordered the Fire Brigade from Amazon and it arrived inside a box that was big enough to hold 5 of them. Because the shipping box was almost completely hollow, it got crushed in shipping and the LEGO box was also damaged (but of course the actual LEGO's were perfectly fine).

I contacted Amazon and they gave me the option to have them replace it for free or keep the damaged item and receive 50% refund. I went for the refund and was thrilled to get a Fire Brigade for $73.

Wow lucky! For some reason, I have never seen any of the Modular Buildings available directly from Amazon here in the U.K...

I am constantly buying LEGO from Amazon; it is usually at least 25% cheaper, free shipping, and quick shipping - always 3 - 4 days.

The packaging has always been perfect as well.

I just think that, MrZ, it was the shipping company's fault, not Amazon's. This could have happened with online shopping from TLG, TRU, etc. "I'm never ordering from Amazon again!" is way to overreacted; just get a refund! Amazon's customer service is fantastic.

Quite frankly, if we can't eat it and it costs more than $10, we almost always buy it on Amazon. Our local sales taxes are too high and it costs $5 in gas just for me to drive to the local stores. So why pay more when I can get it delivered to my door in just 2 days? And in the couple of rare occasions when i have had a problem, Amazon customer service has been a breeze to work with. I never even would have considered demanding a 50% refund for our Fire Brigade and would have been thrilled with 20% considering that the box damage was not too severe but just enough to ruin the collector value of the box for those curious folks who believe empty boxes are valuable. . . . .

Edited by Yucca Patrol

You know what I think I'm just going to keep it, and re-sell the individual contents separately. For example, I'll sell the bus on it's own, the stores separately, etc. I may even get more for the total sum of the individual parts, than for the set as a whole (fingers crossed). If anything, I'll at least get my money back, and it's probably easier than shipping it back to Amazon as that would cost over $40. Thing is, I already printed out an RA, etc. from Amazon, I'm guessing if I just keep the sets it'll all be sweet?

I'm sure they won't have any problems with you deciding to keep the sets. Out of courtesy though, you should probably tell Amazon customer service you no longer intend to return them so they can cancel the RMA.

Ask for a replacement for these sets. Their condition justify it, as you plan to retail them later. I personnaly had some little damages on Lego boxes and parcels, but nothing like the ones I can see on the photos you made. I can say that you have absolutely no luck receiving you first Amazon Lego damaged like this. It only happened to me two times on a hundred orders.

I have had this happen with Amazon products in the past. I do a lot of ordering through them and have come to expect it to some degree.

I have learned the following:

Their packaging could be better suited to protect what's inside rather than just a box wrapped around a box. Lego ships with space on the inside with some sort of impact protection.

I also think Amazon could put a bit more pressure on the shippers that they use. They have the power, they should use it.

Bottom line though, if we don't complain there is no problem.

What crap service!

I had something like this happpen to me.

I brought, a few minifigures from Amazon marketplace. And when I got them my poor Darth Vader had a cracked body, even though the picture was a perfect DV.

Now what I would do is ring them up AND contact them by EMAIL.

If they don't do anything, I think you can threaten to sue or what ever.

Shops hate that word 'sue' XD

Edited by Commander Adama

I thought Amazon's solution was fine.

In case anybody missed it: They offered to replace it or he could keep it and they would refund half the price.

I think that's great service.

I thought Amazon's solution was fine.

In case anybody missed it: They offered to replace it or he could keep it and they would refund half the price.

I think that's great service.

Really? I thought we are only allowed to send the item back to get a replacement or a refund?

Today I received a set from Amazon and they put an invoive bag at the front of the Lego box. Of course, it was impossible to get rid of the bag without damaging the box (it has some scratches).

Is this new?

Today I received a set from Amazon and they put an invoive bag at the front of the Lego box. Of course, it was impossible to get rid of the bag without damaging the box (it has some scratches).

Is this new?

No, I had the same thing about a year ago with a large technic box. Amazon.de.

I guess it all depends on which seller you order your stuff from on amazon. There are some that take great care in packaging and others that don`t. So don`t let this incident deter you from buying lego from amazon.

I ordered the set directly from Amazon. Normally I don't really care about the boxes but sometimes (UCS, gifts) they are important!

Given the number of items they ship, Amazon has a very good track record on getting things where they're going in good condition. The Amazon stock price reflects that they are doing things right. If they make a mistake, they fix it without a big hassle. I order everything that I can from them. A new 42 inch tv, printer cartridges, Lego Tower Bridge, etc, etc.

Amazon is a good company. Sorry for your bad experience, but its far from being representative of the Amazon experience.

One example of their customer service. I called them at 420 PM on a Friday and reported that my kindle had been damaged. I had a warranty. By the next morning at 1030 am, I had a new Kindle delivered to my house. Friday at 420 PM to Saturday at 1030am. That's Amazon!

Don't get me wrong! Apart from that I am very happy with Amazon and I will order form them again! I was only curious if this is new.

Maybe this was the wrong thread :wink:

I still like Amazon. The vast majority of people do not care if the box is crushed as long as the stuff inside is fine. I open most all of my Lego though. I've gotten damaged boxed Lego from them several times but the Lego inside is pretty durable and never broken.

Amazon have disappointed me in the past they messed up one of my orders by sending it to the wrong house and expected me to pick it up! But I still use it every now and then.

Robert, did you ask for a replacement? Best way is by telephone. They are pretty generous most of the time.

I place over a hundred orders annually from Amazon as well as its affiliated 3rd party vendors. I don't remember the last time I had a problem. *knocks on wood*

Amazon have disappointed me in the past they messed up one of my orders by sending it to the wrong house and expected me to pick it up! But I still use it every now and then.

Amazon doesn't deal with the shipping. That's UPS or whatever you use. They simply package it and hand it over. Unless your shipping info was wrong I don't see how they could sent it to the wrong house.