Mrcool1804

MOC 8 Wide Fire Engine

indexed.gif V-LF-7E

Here are some shots of my LDD Fire Engine I finally had a chance to brick build. It is modeled after a real fire truck here in Wichita, KS.

5759116978_880b133b44_z.jpg

Here are some shots of it:

6253667598_7c0cc67983_z.jpg

6253667778_5c62ffa5c5_z.jpg

6253138059_c0c44110ce_z.jpg

6253138201_49ffeab044_z.jpg

6253138351_0d59783714_z.jpg

6253138513_ee7ef47c92_z.jpg

Here is a link to the High Resolution Photos:

Link to High Res Photos

The details on this are stunning; so realistic compared to the real life truck! I too love the ladder mechanism :thumbup:

[beautiful detail and accuracy - down to the waving flag behind the grille!

Great catch! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the comments! I couldn't wait to take the photos and show you all :sweet:

Nice effect with the orange and white striping. How does it compare to a firefighter minifig next to it?

Nice effect with the orange and white striping. How does it compare to a firefighter minifig next to it?

Its not to minifig scale by any means. Sacrifice I made to build a more realistic model.

Here is a link to a thread that shows some screenshots of my original design with a minifig.

Also after speaking with Ralph_S about the 6-wide model it was decided some major changes were needed

Im working on a Quint next

6268291218_14ebd88c88_z.jpg

Then their Truck Companies

5475162985_d7dc2c47af_z.jpg

Then finally their brand new Mobile Air/Light Truck

6264908349_f91ba3c203_z.jpg

I'd love to see someone attempt their Squad trucks

5475765090_bf92ff31b9_z.jpg

I love you engine its awseome!! The details are great and its very accurate to the real rig iin the picture. I can't wait to see your Quint truck. That squad truck is cool, here in so cal the sqauds are usually f-250s and dodge rams. Hope you decide to make the air unit equipment truck that would be cool...

Amazing. I especially like the use of the not so popular wheel wells. It seems like the smallest things really set the MOCs apart.

Brandon

Mr. Cool

This is Super COOL I so glad you shared this. The details are marvelous. I also cant wait to see the quint truck

Really really nice work

Charlie

Amazing. I especially like the use of the not so popular wheel wells. It seems like the smallest things really set the MOCs apart.

Brandon

I had to do away with them on the back two tires on my Quint design :hmpf_bad: , hope to show you LDD version soon

The front bumper is way too long... :)

Great scale, lots of neat details to appreciate in this. Of course, I'm bias for 8-wide :tongue:

I'd make the Squad Truck but I'm sure you'll make it eventually and blow away my attempt, looking forward to more of your stuff!