Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#10: Extra-Curricular Activities

"What a team we are! Great fighting everyone!"

"Is there anyone who actually want the Thorny Diadem? I'm not that interested in a self-harming object. :sceptic:

Erdathcath, will you take the Snake Eye Charm? I think you deserve that." :thumbup:

Maurice let out a sigh as the battle was over. They had survived yet another time. But the tragic solution of the quest put a damper on his joy over the victory.

"Is there anyone who actually want the Thorny Diadem? I'm not that interested in a self-harming object. :sceptic:

Erdathcath, will you take the Snake Eye Charm? I think you deserve that." :thumbup:

Maurice let out a sigh as the battle was over. They had survived yet another time. But the tragic solution of the quest put a damper on his joy over the victory.

For me? Thank you! I think it would look great with my outfit!

"The diadem can be sold to a member of the Hall if none want it. It will be a good item once we've gotten so much fortitude from battles that the amount of health sacrificed will be miniscule." En Sabah Nur glances at Alf. "If none of you are brave enough to carry the item, I shall store it in my pouch."

"The diadem can be sold to a member of the Hall if none want it. It will be a good item once we've gotten so much fortitude from battles that the amount of health sacrificed will be miniscule." En Sabah Nur glances at Alf. "If none of you are brave enough to carry the item, I shall store it in my pouch."

"Yes, do that please Nur." :blush:

The battle was over. The heavily wounded basilisk slithered back to the sewers to die. The two colossal statues had returned to their pedestals barely without a scratch. Dawn's first rays illuminated the stained glass window of the Auditorium. The wight created by Isabeau Carpenter's suffering and despair appeared in front of the party again, this time barely visible.

heroicaquest10-wight.jpg

"Why did this happen to me?" the ghost moaned weakly. "What did I do to deserve this fate? I just wanted to make my parents proud... They thought I was so smart that I'd do well in this academy... But how wrong they were! This school is not for those who seek wisdom, it is a den of snakes and rats wearing expensive clothes. I... I must not let my anger take over again. All emotions are futile now. I know I should accept my destiny and move on... But there is nobody to avenge me... There is nobody who would punish those who hurt me so... Is there?"

The ghost of Isabeau looked straight at the party before she disappeared into the morning's first light. Would these supernatural acts of vandalism now be over and done with? And would the culprit of Isabeau's murder ever be caught? With these questions running through their heads, the party returned to the main doors of the Academy of Enlightenment to wait for Provost Lector's arrival.

When the provost finally arrived, two familiar figures from the nightly adventure also sneaked into the scene. The young lads from the Houses of Hinckwell and Shadeaux had no doubt come to hear what the party would tell to the provost about their involvement.

heroicaquest10-ending1.jpg

Darlavon Lector was anxious to hear the party's report.

"So, what did you find out? I'm glad to see the school is still in one piece, at least. Go on, don't beat around the bush!"

What will the party tell to the provost?

Should we tell him about the 2 youth who are standing right in front of us? And should we tell him that though we defeated the Wight, they might still be some writing? And should we also mention Bohrling?

EDIT: Never mind

Edited by Bricksandparts

Maurice speaks to his party without the provost overhearing.

"I think we should tell him that the act of vandalism were caused by a Wight, but not tell who the Wight used to be. I'm afraid the Academy might try to sue poor Isabeau's family for the damages then. We should tell him we found Isabeau's body in the sewers under the Academy, probably killed by that troll we slay. The Academy's failure to even notice that she was missing is a very unpleasant thing for the provost I figure. Therefore we should be clear about that the Academy needs to go through a lot of changes in their bullying policy if they ever want to be able to get help from Heroica again. The Shadeaux and Hinckwell boys should have a minor punishment for sneaking into the Academy during the night, but nothing too mean. Cleaning the lavatory in the East wing and bringing up Isabeau's remains should be enough to teach them the lesson I think. Finally, we should propose that Jensen gets a pay rise for his great achievement during the night.

What do you guys think about that?"

"I think we should tell him that the act of vandalism were caused by a Wight, but not tell who the Wight used to be. I'm afraid the Academy might try to sue poor Isabeau's family for the damages then. We should tell him we found Isabeau's body in the sewers under the Academy, probably killed by that troll we slay. The Academy's failure to even notice that she was missing is a very unpleasant thing for the provost I figure. Therefore we should be clear about that the Academy needs to go through a lot of changes in their bullying policy if they ever want to be able to get help from Heroica again. The Shadeaux and Hinckwell boys should have a minor punishment for sneaking into the Academy during the night, but nothing too mean. Cleaning the lavatory in the East wing and bringing up Isabeau's remains should be enough to teach them the lesson I think. Finally, we should propose that Jensen gets a pay rise for his great achievement during the night.

Is it possible to be any less to the point? I think we should let him know about the few scribblings that the Wight got up...

Alf hopes that Provest not take sword away... "Alf think you right. So, I guess this is end quest? :sad: "

OOC: I'll post the school LDD file In the discussion thread when it is done. And this was A great quest sandy! I'll start my Halloween Quest now, Probably send you the main ideas and sort in 2 days or so.

"Hah ha! Sounds great, my friend. Even looking out for Jensen. You're a good man, Ratibor." En Sabah Nur reaches into his pouch. He hands Maurice Ratibor a diamond. "Here, I don't think this thing'll work for me without you around anyway."

Is it possible to be any less to the point? I think we should let him know about the few scribblings that the Wight got up...

"I rather tell him too little then too much. Information is good to have, and if you are the only one to have it it's even better. Besides, he already know about the scribblings. Those were part of the reason he contacted Heroica in the first place.

We got a mission to investigate the reason behind the acts of vandalism here and catch the offenders. The wight is less likely to return if we make sure those who were responsible for her tragic life and death are punished. Therefore we must set an example to the provost and the Academy by making sure they take care of their bullying problems."

Maurice takes the diamond from Nur with much reverence.

"Thank you very much Nur. I hope this gem of light will cast away the shadows of bad luck that followed me during much of this quest. I also hope I will be able to join you in other adventures in the future, it's been an honour questing with you my friend! And with you also Erdathcath and Alf!" :sweet:

"I rather tell him too little then too much. Information is good to have, and if you are the only one to have it it's even better. Besides, he already know about the scribblings. Those were part of the reason he contacted Heroica in the first place.

We got a mission to investigate the reason behind the acts of vandalism here and catch the offenders. The wight is less likely to return if we make sure those who were responsible for her tragic life and death are punished. Therefore we must set an example to the provost and the Academy by making sure they take care of their bullying problems."

Maurice takes the diamond from Nur with much reverence.

"Thank you very much Nur. I hope this gem of light will cast away the shadows of bad luck that followed me during much of this quest. I also hope I will be able to join you in other adventures in the future, it's been an honour questing with you my friend! And with you also Erdathcath and Alf!" :sweet:

Very true... Well, I still think we should mentioned that she put some up, and we couldn't do anything about that, just so he isn't disappointed.

And I hope to quest with you all again soon!

Alf walks over and gives Nur a pat on the back. "You do good! You save me and the group. We almost lose quest." Alf turns to the group. "I guess we go talk to Provest." Alf lead the others up the steps, past the boys and halts in front of the Provest. "So what did you find?" The provest asks.

Nur nearly falls as the barbarian's "pat on the back" feels like being struck by a large troll.

The provost looks at the party with an expecting expression.

Maurice turns to the provost.

"Provost Darlavon Lector, this mission you sent us on proved to be very exacting, both physically and mentally. But we managed to find the cause behind the vandalism and if you follow our suggestions I believe you will be spared from any more. The acts of vandalism were caused by a Wight that with its powers also controlled several other spiritual creatures that caused chaos in the Academy, including a giant basilisk snake. Vandalism were made during this night as well, we couldn't stop that from happening because of the magical nature of our enemy, but just before dawn we were able to directly confront the Wight and defeat it.

During our search for the Wight we discovered several interesting things in the Academy, but also a very tragic one; the remains of your student Isabeau Carpenter. Apparently no one of either staff or students in the Academy (with one exception) even noticed that she was missing. That is nothing other than a huge scandal from your side, provost. Even more so as it turns out that Isabeau was constantly harassed and bullied in the Academy. We strongly suggest that you compensate the Carpenter family for their uncompensateable loss and also sets up a plan for eliminating any types of bullying in the Academy. Your students might be from the noble and rich families in Eubric, but they clearly need to be teach empathy and sympathy just as well as astronomy and economics and whatever. If you don't do these things I promise you that the Academy of Enlightenment will have a hard time finding heroes for any other missions you need help with.

If you want a start with teaching your students some humility I suggest those to boys over there. Young masters Hinckwell and Shadeaux sneaked into the Academy tonight in an own futile try to solve the mystery. I suggest you have them clean the lavatory in the East wing and bring up Isabeau's remains from the sewer right below. And tell them that they are getting away cheap with that.

Finally, you should give a pay rise to your night guard Jensen who turned out to be just as honourable and loyal as you claimed. He was petrified by the basilisk early in the night, but we remedied him back and after that he helped us in our quest in the most extraordinary way."

Maurice then sighs heavily after the long monologue.

"Indeed." The mage waited patiently for the provost's response. He had a meeting with an interesting character that should have arrived to the Hall by now.

The provost was flabberghasted.

"Wait a minute... A wight? A basilisk? A dead student? And here I thought we were merely dealing with persistent hooligans... This is a bit too much to take in for the moment, so if you'll excuse me... Oh, before I forget, here is your reward. I guess you solved the case, nevertheless..."

The provost handed each hero 200 gold and a Phoenix Essence as a reward for the completed quest before heading inside to survey the damages of the night. Jensen tipped his cap at the party.

"'Twas a pleasure defending the school with you. Now I gotta get some sleep. No offence, but hopefully things will be less eventful during my next shift... See you around!"

Tossing the potion he was given back to Maurice, the night guard left the party. The four weary heroes walked down the stairs to meet up with the two youngsters they met during the night. The heroes decided to tell them about Isabeau's fate in more words than they told the provost.

heroicaquest10-ending2.jpg

"Hi again! We heard what you said to Lector. Did you really have to burden us with those chores?" Lyren Hinckwell moaned. "We just wanted to be heroes like you guys!"

"P-poor Isabeau..." Nuitan Shadeaux sighed. "A-at least she's at peace now, t-t-thanks to you. Make no mistake, me and Ly will ch-ch-chase down the ones who did it and make them p-p-pay!"

"Whoa, Nute!" Lyren gasped. I've never seen you so determined before! I like it."

The young Hinckwell winked at his friend, and the pair bid goodbye to the heroes. After a long, grueling night, the yawning group of champions decided to return to the Heroica Hall. Solving the case of Isabeau Carpenter's murder would have to be left to another quest.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Party:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory
(played by Bricksandparts)

Level 9 Barbarian

Power
: 17

Health
: 17/17

Gold
: 200

Inventory
: Meteor Blade (WP:8, light-elemental), Greatsword (WP:3, unequipped), Helmet (+1 max. health), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Ice Bomb, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Crystal Ball

esn_q10_00.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 11½ Mage
*Lucky*

Power
: 16

Health
: 16/16

Ether
: 16/16

Gold
: 200

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, -6 to max. health, unequipped), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), 4 Potions, 4 Tonics, Grand Tonic, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 9 Ranger

Power
: 12

Health
: 15/15

Gold
: 205

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Crystal Ball

heroica_maurice02small.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power
: 12

Health
: 18/18

Ether
: 13/13

Gold
: 205

Inventory
: Steel Mace (WP:3), Helmet (+1 max. health), Helmet (+1 max. health, unequipped), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom

OoC: Thank you all for playing so much! You almost didn't make it, but luck was on your side this time. :wink: