DLuders

Lego Technic OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers

6247518871_9d4df51e27_z.jpg

These red/grey/blue Lego Technic OPTIMUS PRIMEs are heroes in the "Transformers" movies. The G1 Optimus pair can fully transform from an Autobot to a semi truck, and fire Zamor spheres to defend Earth from the Decepticons! Height of the Optimus in robot mode = 20-1/2 inches; length of the other Optimus in truck mode = 22 inches (67 studs high x 47 studs wide). Designed by Nathan Gibson (transbot9), these Transformers were a collaborative build by him and David Luders (me). This pair won the "Most Heroic" Award at Brickcon 2011 in Seattle, Washington USA. To view the transformation steps, see the

at
. There are many photos posted on my Flickr photoset.

Download the 34-page, 8.9-MB PDF transformation steps (featured in the video) here via MegaUpload SkyDrive. Download the 31.3-MB .WMV video here.

6248041140_e5423e9d38_z.jpg6247521715_f38924ef8a_z.jpg6248042580_bcb674da6b_z.jpg6247519769_acef2d731f_z.jpg Edited by DLuders

+infinity

@DLuders - would you please share with us your code that crawls Brickshelf/YouTube/Flickr/etc. and automatically posts the coolest new stuff and the coolest old stuff that has yet to be outed?

Thanks much ~ Perry

Edited by PerryMakes

Yes, Nathan Gibson did a great job designing his Technic Prime. He likes Transformers -- here is his picture gallery showing Optimus' evolution over 3 years' time:

Technic_Optimus_02_by_Transbot9.jpgto_build_a_better_prime_5_by_transbot9-d3atoc5.jpgtechnic_prime__scale_by_transbot9-d3ljrcp.jpg

I'm not a fan of the movies, but this is really cool and fresh technic lego in use!

Makes me want to rebuild this.

Awesome job. :thumbup:

I had a chance to see this at BrickCon. Very, very cool moc. It caught my eye even before it was taken out of the container he used to carry it in. Really nicely done. :thumbup:

dragonite986 posted this

of Optimus' young cousin which he calls a "Techniformer":

Edited by DLuders

O...M...G!!!

Infinity +1 and beyond

Very very very well done David, and Nathan!!

Edited by Gekke Ted

Buzz Lightyear wants Optimus to help him with his "Zurg problem", since they've both got the same kind of Zamor Sphere launchers: :laugh:

231299main_Buzz3-xltn.jpg41gOs1waIeL._SL500_AA300_.jpgd_986.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Buzz Lightyear wants Optimus to help him with his "Zurg problem", since they've both got the same kind of Zamor Sphere launchers: :laugh:

Lol :laugh:

And Woody can ride with Optimus :thumbup:

I considered making Building Instructions, but it would be time-consuming to use the Lego Digital Designer (LDD) "Rotation Tool" on the 44224 "Technic Rotation Joint Disk with Pin Hole and 3L Liftarm Thick" and 44225 "Technic Rotation Joint Disk with Pin and 3L Liftarm Thick" parts:

44224.jpg44225.jpg

I don't know if LDraw has them in its Parts Pallette. I took a long time to assemble the second Optimus Prime, so I am hesitant on making photo-sequence Building Instructions....

Edited by DLuders