Sign in to follow this  
Hollander

LDD R5-D8

Got an LDD file for this?

I'd love to build one for myself. :thumbup:

Hello!

Very accurate and well-shaped representation of this R5 unit! :sweet:

It could also be R5-D4 which was identical with R5-D8. While the latter one exploded together with Jek Porkin's Y-Wing during the Death Star I assault, R5-D4 broke down on Yavin 4 when sold to Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Glad you guys like this creation. :classic:

The LDD file, here you go:

.lxf file

Note: I used flex cable to make the left and right ''feet'' of the droid bow a little, but it appears that after loading the file, the cable has been removed. :wacko:

Note 2: I forgot that those two things, connecting his feet with his legs, weren't actually finished. They should be covered with tiles.

Edited by Hollander

Very nice MOC – the angled plate construction of the head is very nice and fitting for the size. I also like your use of the old hinge plates as detailing. The body could use a little more blue, though. :wink: Is that third leg retractable?

Nice addition to your Y-wing Hollander :thumbup: . First R series driod in this scale Im yet to see, mmm. Id love to see some more versions of these. I wanted to make a R series droid with the 4x4 droid head from the UCS Starfighter, just dont have the right parts though.

Sweet - excellent job !

I'd love to have a whole bunch of different droids at this scale; any plans to design a few more....?!

Dr. D.

Beautifully detailed astromech 'Hollander' :wub: , dam I better start on this CB....oops ! :blush:

Brick On with the Force 'Hollander' ! :grin:

Sweet - excellent job !

I'd love to have a whole bunch of different droids at this scale; any plans to design a few more....?!

Dr. D.

Thanks!

No, I haven't any plans on building more of them, but when I have access to my Lego collection again, I might build this in real. Actually, I wanted to make R2-D2, but his round head was very hard to make on this scale, so I decided to make an R5 unit.

[...] The body could use a little more blue, though. :wink: Is that third leg retractable?

Glad you like it fallenangel309. :classic:

I didn't actually know that this droid also contained some blue elements. I thought it was red and white all the way. I'll change that, but I'll probably make a new, and wider body.

The third leg isn't retractable. I might try to create that function at the next version though.

I just looked at the LXF file and I really like the way you built the head. :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

I still want to build an R2-D2 head though, but I don't know how yet. This R5 was a little easier due to the fact that has head is flat on top.