Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

Althior flipped his knife between his fingers, unaware to all events happening. He brought out his compass to have a look.

"Well I've got to say that's the first time I've seen a compass spin, maybe the needle's still pointin' in the right direction. Ah well, to the left"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The party takes the left path and runs into a clearing. What do they wish to do?

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 9 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 15 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 14/14

Gold: 43

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (2), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

althiorfinnegan2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 13 1/2 Mage

Power: 18

Health: 13/17

Ether: 14/17

Gold: 288

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Health: 8/10

Ether: 9/10

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 5 Mage

Power: 9

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 5 Rogue

Power: 8

Health: 11/11

Gold: 53

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Double Chain Whip (WP: 5), vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 10 1/2 Mage

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Ether: 9/14

Gold: 65

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

"Another clearing, how interesting.." Namyrra yawns a bit, again wondering if a pedicure might be in order after returning to Eubric, and tries to see if there's anything interesting in the clearing, or other paths leading out from it.

"Althior, perhaps you should make a quick attempt at digging here too? Who knows, you might find another snake to be scared of. :tongue:"

There are no other paths leading out, and only animals are hanging out in the clearing.

Althior wonders what animals are in the clearing as he starts to dig.

"Skrall, maybe you could make an attempt at communicating with some of these animals? Seeing as you got some information out of that bird earlier you might learn some more here."

Althior wonders what animals are in the clearing as he starts to dig.

Althior sees some birds as well as a ten foot long snake. However he stays far away from the snake as he begins to dig but finds nothing.

Skrall attempts to glean any information he can from the inhabitants of the clearing.

Skrall tries talking to some of the assembled animals, again the only thing he can get out of them is; "They took her, they took her..."

What shall the party do now?

Judging by Skrall's annoyed look Namyrra assumes there was nothing new to learn from the animals here. "Skrall, guess you didn't learn anything, eh? So, back to three-way intersection then?"

Judging by Skrall's annoyed look Namyrra assumes there was nothing new to learn from the animals here. "Skrall, guess you didn't learn anything, eh? So, back to three-way intersection then?"

"I think that would be best. This forest seems rather labryinthian in nature, wouldn't want to get lost in here."

The party heads down the right path this time hoping to find the end of their quest. Again, they run into a clearing. What shall the party do here?

"Oh joy, another mysterious clearing!" Namyrra looks for anything interesting, tracks, paths leading out from the clearing, animals for Skrall to talk to, etc. "Also, I guess Althior should try some more digging?"

(OOC: can we just assume that when we come to a new clearing we'll do the stuff we've done at all the others? Would make things progress a lot faster. :tongue:)

"Oh joy, another mysterious clearing!" Namyrra looks for anything interesting, tracks, paths leading out from the clearing, animals for Skrall to talk to, etc. "Also, I guess Althior should try some more digging?"

(OOC: can we just assume that when we come to a new clearing we'll do the stuff we've done at all the others? Would make things progress a lot faster. :tongue:)

"Alright all you know what to do, break out the blankets we're goin' have a picnic :laugh: Althior see if you can turn up anything buried while I look around for any friendly beasties to chit chat with."

Althior digs. He looks depressed, bags under his eyes, his cocky smile gone, and Finnegan strolling around the clearing, staying as far away from Althior as he can. Althior thinks to before he came to Heroica Hall, but finds nothing in his memory.

There are no beasts for Skrall to chat with so he watches Althior dig. Meanwhile, Namyrra tries to find tracks leading out of the clearing but sees none. As Althior digs, he finds several items.

Party Leader, how will these items be divided?

heroica-opal.jpg 1x Opal - Enables ice-elemental spells.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg 1x Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.

img_2872.jpg 1x Nostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.

QM Note: I'm trying to stall you guys. :tongue:

heroica-opal.jpg 1x Opal - Enables ice-elemental spells.

Althior screams. "I want that Opal!!! :wub_drool:" He then goes back to his depressed, quiet matter.

Bob's ears poke up at the discovery of the Opal. He too was interested in the gem.

"Perhaps, seeing as there are several mages among company, Skrall should choose at random who gets it?

"Well now this is a lovely surprise. Seein' as how Althior you've already got quite a full load of gems at yer disposal, I'm goin' hand this one off to Bob," Skrall stated as he tossed the opal over to the house elf. "However, knowin' how you've been lately, I'm goin' give you the Nostrum Althior. Hopefully this will improve yer luck. I'll hold onto the Pheonix Essence fer now, and if we don't need it I'll give it to one of ya when we get out of these woods."