Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] Mission 10.3 - Geonosis: A Sandbox from Hell

gallery_101_23_281.gif

6244866726_0f8b89af27_b.jpg

For this vignette, I really wanted to capture an instantly-recognizable Geonosian moment. I'm not a huge fan of the "blaster bolts flying everywhere" building style, so I decided to go with simple actions for the minifigs. It works out well, complimenting the tower.

6244347339_8389a38b3d_b.jpg

Not much to see back here. I didn't want this back side to be one big brown flat wall, so I added a hollowed-out section, since the mission briefing mentioned the catacombs.

6244867198_43d3ff9f3e_b.jpg

This tower is probably too small compared to the clones, but I felt it was the best way to make this vignette truly and unmistakably Geonosian.

6244347837_9b06fa2173_b.jpg

We finally made it to the surface. Whether or not that is a good thing has yet to be decided. Ah, Geonosis. I remember you well. You, with your earthen reddish hues, your bright orange sky, your monolithic spires. Shame on those who have tainted you with their mechanical factories of war.

So there you have it. I finally made myself a Clone Trooper squad. The sky is falling! :sing::tongue:

Finished October 2011; C&C welcome. Thanks for looking! :classic:

Oh no, Doc! I think you've finally gone to the Clonetar...I mean Dark Side! :laugh: I love the SNOT work here (as per most of your builds). That spire thing is pretty cool too. :thumbup:

Oh no, Doc! I think you've finally gone to the Clonetar...I mean Dark Side!

:sing:

Don't worry, I still have plenty of OT MOCs in the works. And I took proper safety precautions while making this one. I wore my Suburbia Hazmat suit. :sweet:

Great work, I love the spire, the snot work is brillant :sweet: . The cliff looks quite nice too. And it is good to know you took the aproppriate precautions in the consruction of this MOC.

More Clone wars? What's this world coming to? :laugh:

I wore my Suburbia Hazmat suit. :sweet:

:laugh_hard:

Very nice work Brickdoctor! You have captured the unusual rock formations of Geonosis very well!

Could do with a few more clones though! :laugh:

(just kidding :wink: )

Could do with a few more clones though! :laugh:

:laugh_hard:

Though I know you were kidding, I do want to say that that was my intention. I like my vignettes to have no more minifigs than necessary. Vignettes should capture a small piece of the greater battle, not the whole battle condensed into a 16x16 space.

I'm wondering though; how did you connect the 1x4 tiles at the spire? Did you just connected them at a stud and angled them a little?

Fantastic vig 'BD', the spire looks great....and what....have you seen the dark light and joined the CW crew ? :laugh:

Brick On 'BD'....I wait to see your next creation....OT please. :wink:

I'm wondering though; how did you connect the 1x4 tiles at the spire? Did you just connected them at a stud and angled them a little?

Yep. :sweet:

Wow, that is one nice vignette, Brickdoctor. I especially like the dead battle droid and the base. That outer rim of grey perfectly compliments the reddish brown. But if this is 'a small part of a greater battle', why are there not more dead battle droids? :tongue:

But if this is 'a small part of a greater battle', why are there not more dead battle droids? :tongue:

You answered your own question. :wink:

These are clones moving from one point to another, and they're just meeting droids patrolling the fringes of the battle.