whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

Point is they have said they won't. While they tend to go back on things they sometimes say, they haven't gone back on this when it was stated by employees many years ago.

Video game market is a tougher market than movies, with various companies to license with and conflicting interests. It goes deeper than that but that is the gist of it.

Prince of Persia is pretty much a video game license (granted also a movie license too). If TLG didn't like video games licenses before, I cant see POP sales helping change that.

Please can we get back on topic.

Just wondering, do we know what colour the packets for this series will be yet?

It's been confirmed red.

-Sci

To help drag it back on topic...

I only buy the minifigs which will fit into my theme (modular buildings), with a few exceptions for the ones I think are just plain awesome (robot, Liberty etc). For this series, the bride will be trying on her dress in the Grand Emporium (I may get a second one and swap the dress in GE's window for this one); the geek will have a little studio apartment above the Green Grocers; the hippie will probably buy the City camper van from the surfer dude and his girlfriend; female rocker will team up with punk rocker to form their own band who will practice on the floor above the geek's studio apartment and irritate him with the noise they make and tennis player will be shopping in the sports department of GE. As for Bunny Suit guy/girl, they'll be going to the same fancy dress party as Gorilla Suit Guy and Lizard Suit Guy. Shame he's not a pink rabbit, otherwise he could get involved in a Press Gang MOC. :laugh:

Confirmed where?

It's in the 2012 Lego catalogue, doh.

Seriously. Mine has a page on Series 6 and in the lower right corner there is a red box of Series 7 with red bags with all-yellow placeholder minifigs on them instead of the actual ones. It also states that it will be released in May. In my opinion Lego are way too fast with CMS btw. Series 6 is just hitting the shelves...

Edit:

Picture1

Picture 2

Sorry, somehow I couldn't place them inline with the img tags. Must be my stupidity...

Edited by Nagyzee

Ah, thanks guys. :classic:

Red seemed like the obvious choice, but I wasn't sure if they'd do it, because the Lego logo would blend into the background.

I wonder what colours will be used after S7, though? I believe it's been confirmed up to Series 8, but I imagine it will go on for even longer.

Seriously. Mine has a page on Series 6 and in the lower right corner there is a red box of Series 7 with red bags with all-yellow placeholder minifigs on them instead of the actual ones. It also states that it will be released in May. In my opinion Lego are way too fast with CMS btw. Series 6 is just hitting the shelves...

Edit:

Picture1

Picture 2

Sorry, somehow I couldn't place them inline with the img tags. Must be my stupidity...

I had not seen that those images before. I figured red would have to happen soon. They have used it on packaging before despite the red Lego logo. Of course, considering how preliminary that box in the picture looks, it could change. After red, I would like to see purple and black. I don't know why I care so much about the color of the packaging though...

Edit:

Picture1

Picture 2

No need to mock. :wink: Not all of us have access to that catalogue. Thanks for providing solid evidence. :thumbup:

pacaking color doesn't matter but news of series 8 does :grin:

All in good time - I mean, come on, we got HR S7 pics way before S6 even hit stores. Patience. :tongue:

All in good time - I mean, come on, we got HR S7 pics way before S6 even hit stores. Patience. :tongue:

on that subject have we got confirmation there will be a series 9 on?

I remember back at series 5 we heard confirmation of 6,7 and 8 were finished but I was wondering about afterward.

Back on S7 the fig I want most is little red riding hood, and that is just because the hood is a new color in red :laugh:

I love collecting odd new color parts.

Wow this is my 1st time looking at these and I must say I really want the space guy and the Aztec guy. The all look great !

I have a feeling that it will be kind of hard to find a complete flower sprue in a hippie or bride, with people feeling the packages and breaking the flowers off.

on that subject have we got confirmation there will be a series 9 on?

I remember back at series 5 we heard confirmation of 6,7 and 8 were finished but I was wondering about afterward.

IIRC only series up to 7 was confirmed back then? I'm not sure when or how series 8 was confirmed then, though, so maybe I remember wrong?

IIRC only series up to 7 was confirmed back then? I'm not sure when or how series 8 was confirmed then, though, so maybe I remember wrong?

There will be a Series 8. That's all I know.

-Sci

Yes, when S5 came out Lego made an official statement saying they had finished designs up to Series 8. Now, if there will be S9, that is unknown.

Didn't megablocks or someone else have the Pirates of the Caribbean license before? Either way, licenses can change hands as they expire. I still doubt Lego would license Halo. It's not the kind of violence Lego usually finds acceptable. As far as a video game license, I think its only a matter of time. We may get minecraft due to cuusoo. I'm still hoping for Street Fighter.

As unlikely as it is that LEGO would ever do Halo, I think it's even less likely TLG would willingly do a Street Fighter theme, even if they could get the license for free - for that matter, I don't think they'd do Street Fighter even if the SF rightsholders offered to pay LEGO to do them.

I have a feeling that it will be kind of hard to find a complete flower sprue in a hippie or bride, with people feeling the packages and breaking the flowers off.

I have a feeling it won't be necessary - I doubt we'll get sprues in the shipping products. They've never included part sprues in this theme, even when including versions of parts commonly offered on sprues (such as the Series 1 Diver's swim fins). There's a first for everything, of course, but I think it's unlikely.

I just found out the box and bag will be dark red, it looked pretty good. This maybe isn`t any news but for I hadn`t seen it before. Some speculations I have heard about that it will be red but it seems like its offical. :classic:

As unlikely as it is that LEGO would ever do Halo, I think it's even less likely TLG would willingly do a Street Fighter theme, even if they could get the license for free - for that matter, I don't think they'd do Street Fighter even if the SF rightsholders offered to pay LEGO to do them.

I am well aware of the fact that it is unlikely that Lego will ever do a SF license but I still would like to see it.

Now, if there will be S9, that is unknown.

Have it on authority that it'll continue until AT LEAST level 12. Got no evidence to back this up but comes from someone with connections to folk who work for Lego