whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

Release dates in Austria might be different from other parts of the world, I have no idea. Simply put, your mileage may vary. :wink:

Less with the schnitzel more with the roo steaks. And since those dates are Australian, going on past form the rest of the world will already have them by then.

Less with the schnitzel more with the roo steaks. And since those dates are Australian, going on past form the rest of the world will already have them by then.

Release dates in New Zealand are:

Series 6 January 2012

Series 7 May 2012

Series 8 September 2012

All $NZ 4.99

:wacko: Yes, Australia not Austria. Wrong extension, sorry! Previous posts edited.

Does anyone else think that the Space Marine may signify a possible HALO license in the future? The armor and helmet bear a striking resemblance to the Spartans from the HALO series.

Nope. The collectible minifigures don't "signify" anything about the future. All they signify is that in the present, the designers want to make these types of figs and think fans will want to buy them.

I'm pretty sure LEGO will steer clear of Halo, just because they don't want to have the reputation of trying to market kids' toys based on M-rated games. Even if Halo wouldn't violate their war and violence policies any more than Star Wars, the fact remains that they are games for adults and most LEGO sets are designed for kids. It would be like TLG releasing a theme based on an R-rated movie series.

(Apologies for using American rating systems; they're all I'm really familiar with.)

Funny, because I'm the one who put that there. The person (Impertune-dunte or something along those lines, it was a German Star Wars site..) who uploaded it posted that they saw that the packets would be red in the catalog that showed the Series 6 prelim pic.

Imperium der Steine possibly? If that's the site it came from, then chances are the bags really are red.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

I just noticed that the stuntman has a cape! I hope it's star-spangled banner printed! That would be amazing!!! *oh2*

Not me, because of the violence in it. I don't want to open up a can of worms about the violence policy again..

I think I read somewhere that the Halo lisence for MB is ending soon..can't remember.

-Sci

Nope. The collectible minifigures don't "signify" anything about the future. All they signify is that in the present, the designers want to make these types of figs and think fans will want to buy them.

I'm pretty sure LEGO will steer clear of Halo, just because they don't want to have the reputation of trying to market kids' toys based on M-rated games. Even if Halo wouldn't violate their war and violence policies any more than Star Wars, the fact remains that they are games for adults and most LEGO sets are designed for kids. It would be like TLG releasing a theme based on an R-rated movie series.

(Apologies for using American rating systems; they're all I'm really familiar with.)

Let me reword my post a little bit. What I meant was that perhaps the pieces from the Space Marine could possibly be used for a HALO series of sets. I worded it pretty badly. :blush:

Anyway, I agree on the rating front, but for one point: Kids don't care about the rating. I have a cousin who is 9 and has every HALO game to date, along with all the Call of Duty games save one. I think that TLG may 'test the water', as it were, and perhaps they are releasing the Space Marine as a forerunner to see how a series of sets similar or licensed with HALO would do in today's market.

I posted this in the Alien Conquest thread.

The chances of that are very slim. Halo is losing popularity and even though lego sets are getting more violent they would never base a childrens toy on a rated M video game. Lego making a collectable minifigure does not mean a new theme.

TLG may, however, make a theme similer to, and inspired by, Halo; using the new CMs pieces. (Think Adventurers & IJ; Pirates & PotC; Castle & LotR) Note: Castle and Pirates that I refer to are the (more) recent sub-themes by those names, not the entire themes themselves.

I think that TLG may 'test the water', as it were, and perhaps they are releasing the Space Marine as a forerunner to see how a series of sets similar or licensed with HALO would do in today's market.

But how will they know the popularity of one figure in praticular, when the figures are purchased randomly? :wacko:

But how will they know the popularity of one figure in praticular, when the figures are purchased randomly? :wacko:

Re-sale value (Bricklink, Ebay, e.t.c.)

Re-sale value (Bricklink, Ebay, e.t.c.)

That will show how popular the Space Marine is for adults and teenagers. Kids are definitely the minority on those sites.

That will show how popular the Space Marine is for adults and teenagers. Kids are definitely the minority on those sites.

Good point, but TLG has made sets for AFOLs and TFOLs.

That

And they don't make sets based on video game franchises.

-Omi

That

And they don't make sets based on video game franchises.

-Omi

In 1998 they did not make licenses at all.

Point is that 1.There is a first time for everything, and 2.If they want to do something, they will do it.

I can't see LEGO doing Halo at all. While I won't complain if they do, it is just too violent for LEGO. Though, if you think about it, it's not too different from Alien Conquest, but with blood and language. :tongue: But the TFOL and AFOL market is small compared to the kids that buys sets. Though I did see one six year old begging his mom to get him MW3. :rofl:

I can't see LEGO doing Halo at all. While I won't complain if they do, it is just too violent for LEGO. Though, if you think about it, it's not too different from Alien Conquest, but with blood and language. :tongue: But the TFOL and AFOL market is small compared to the kids that buys sets. Though I did see one six year old begging his mom to get him MW3. :rofl:

If they redid the Alien Conquest ADU soldiers with Space Marine armor, I wouldn't complain at all.

-

-

-

-

Okay, maybe a little. :tongue:

That's why I said that they could make something similer, with the new pieces.

In 1998 they did not make licenses at all.

Point is that 1.There is a first time for everything, and 2.If they want to do something, they will do it.

Point is they have said they won't. While they tend to go back on things they sometimes say, they haven't gone back on this when it was stated by employees many years ago.

Video game market is a tougher market than movies, with various companies to license with and conflicting interests. It goes deeper than that but that is the gist of it.

And if Lego wanted to make, say a Mario theme, they would have done so already.

-Omi

Mega Bloks has a Halo license. So there's not even a chance Lego will do it.

It's annoying to come here looking for updates and discussion about Series 7 and find a bunch of fanboys drooling over Halo. :sadnew:

Mega Bloks has a Halo license. So there's not even a chance Lego will do it.

It's annoying to come here looking for updates and discussion about Series 7 and find a bunch of fanboys drooling over Halo. :sadnew:

Didn't megablocks or someone else have the Pirates of the Caribbean license before? Either way, licenses can change hands as they expire. I still doubt Lego would license Halo. It's not the kind of violence Lego usually finds acceptable. As far as a video game license, I think its only a matter of time. We may get minecraft due to cuusoo. I'm still hoping for Street Fighter.

If the AFOL community grows enough though, I could see Lego eventually creating a more adult brand with more adult licenses/themes but they would probably have to market it under a different brand so there was no risk of confusion with sets marketed for children. Actually, this will probably never happen, but it would be great if it did.

Oh yeah, series 7... can't wait. Has the package color been confirmed yet?

Didn't megablocks or someone else have the Pirates of the Caribbean license before?

Yes, but that's a Disney product.

-Omi