I am mesmerized by this Youtube movie, so simple, yet so awesome!

(not sure how to embed a Youtube movie)

Are there any other examples of Lego Transformers with Power Functions?

(I have seen an Optimus Prime, but it only has PF for driving, not for transforming)

Edited by Gekke Ted

I saw this video a couple of days ago and kept pressing replay a few times after I figured out how it worked. Micheal Bay? Who's he? :wink:

Edited by allanp

I've had the honour of seeing this MOC in real life and I can confirm it's truly amazing. The model is made by a Dutch builder called Barry Bosman, nickname "Barman".

You can find his brickshelf-folder here.

Embedding a YT-video is easy: copy the URL of the respective video [CTRL+C]. Then press the "insert media"-button in your reply-screen and paste [CTRL+V] the yt-link you just copied. With this video it'll look like this:

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

Yes and yes ! And he made a phenominal

I have seen the helicopter in real life. It's awesome.

Thanks for the link to his BS folder.

I tried to embed the video like you said....must have done something wrong. Thanks.

Sorry for the bump, but I noticed Barman has joined Eurobricks.

Maybe he can provide us with some insights * cough * building instructions * cough * for his amazing Transformer :wink:

Sorry for the bump, but I noticed Barman has joined Eurobricks.

Maybe he can provide us with some insights * cough * building instructions * cough * for his amazing Transformer :wink:

Thanks for posting it here Gekke Ted. I never made building instructions, sorry.

It's taken me many times of trail and error to get to this level. The basis idea is very simple. Using a wurmgear and a 24t gear powered by a PF M-motor. By connecting a 3L liftarm thin to the outcoming shaft and blocking it that it can only rotate 180 degrees (function used at the lag hinch). When you connect a shaft or link to the end of the 3L liftarm and connect that to a 3x3 liftarm (2 studs down or up from the output axle at the 24t gear) this converts the movement form 180 degrees to 90 degrees. To get the action perpendicular I use the old 14t bevelgear.

This is the basic system I used for this Transformer.

I am still working (from time to time) to get a fully working transformer. It is very difficult to get right. But I know I will succeed sometime.

Thanks for posting it here Gekke Ted. I never made building instructions, sorry.

It's taken me many times of trail and error to get to this level. The basis idea is very simple. Using a wurmgear and a 24t gear powered by a PF M-motor. By connecting a 3L liftarm thin to the outcoming shaft and blocking it that it can only rotate 180 degrees (function used at the lag hinch). When you connect a shaft or link to the end of the 3L liftarm and connect that to a 3x3 liftarm (2 studs down or up from the output axle at the 24t gear) this converts the movement form 180 degrees to 90 degrees. To get the action perpendicular I use the old 14t bevelgear.

This is the basic system I used for this Transformer.

I am still working (from time to time) to get a fully working transformer. It is very difficult to get right. But I know I will succeed sometime.

No thanks, it was well worth mentioning here! default_thumbup.gif

Any chance you can make some detailed pictures of the old prototype? It has probably been scavenged for parts, but I would love to see it in more detail. A picture says more than a thousand words of course :wink:

And please do share the progress you make with your other transformer. I think I am not the only one interested in your work.

Edited by Gekke Ted

No thanks, it was well worth mentioning here! default_thumbup.gif

Any chance you can make some detailed pictures of the old prototype? It has probably been scavenged for parts, but I would love to see it in more detail. A picture says more than a thousand words of course :wink:

And please do share the progress you make with your other transformer. I think I am not the only one interested in your work.

The prototype is taken apart a long time ago, but I still have material to reproduce it again.

Meanwhile... I've been working on a G1 transformer. Targetmaster Spoilsport. This was a hughed robot that could fitt in my hand, but this became to big and heavy. Without making photos or video (Just stupid), I taken it apart aswell.

Fortunetly I took it to a meeting and Elex made a photo of it.

2011-06-26_lowlug_rotterdam_018.jpg

The unike thing about this TF is that is can not only transform, but also move it's arms. The sholder socket rotates up during transformation and in robot form it can rotate about 50 degrees too the front and back.

On the table you can see the hands.

Sorry that I can't tell you more about Spoilsport. I just don't have the photo's to show you how it works and it is difficult to tell so you can understand the workings.

Nice!!

Looks impressive, even though it's not a complete model default_thumbup.gif