Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

Three Armies

I am posting these picture again here so folks can comment on them if they'd like as the staff has asked that the memorial thread where I originally posted these not be cluttered with comments. I put together these three armies as a tribute to Zorro. There are 480 British soldiers. About half are the original redcoat torso. The other half is the new torso. They all have brown backpacks, blue epaulettes and brown muskets and all wear the new printed shako. The british forces also consist of 192 British Naval Officers. They are all the classic bluecoat torso and have yellow epaulettes, black bicorne hats and a cutlass. There are also 64 French Royalist soldiers fighting with the British. They consist of the two existing torsos that feature the Fleu de lys. They have white backpacks and epaulettes, and black tricorne hats with white feathers (eventually I'd like all to have the white rimmed tricorne (only 4 have those now). The Spanish Army has 418 soldiers. 320 soldiers are the brickbeard torsoblack epaulettes and black muskets. Eventually I'd like them to have black backpacks - but i'll have to wait until they become more common. The remainder are a mixture of classic armada torsos with black epaulettes and those wearing castle breast plates. All 418 have the spanish helmets. Finally there are 448 French soldiers. They are all the governor torso with brown backpacks, the old plain shako, brown muskets and red epaulettes. Most have white pants. 64 have red pants. In total there are 1,602 soldiers in formation to honor Zorro. It took a good deal of time to put together these armies. The French and Spanish armies I started working on earlier this year.

6231990596_a3d8fd8b99_o.jpg

6231470671_4c1d591ae5_o.jpg

6231470447_686ab00443_o.jpg

6231471183_ae32318888_o.jpg

6231471375_d7ae8ec709_o.jpg

6231471691_9e5a4f9575_o.jpg

Very impressive! An excellent way to honour our legendary Admiral.

Just for your information, you have acces to the army index so if you want to, you can put it there.

That's a huge collection of soldiers you've got! Must be the biggest LEGO army I've ever seen.

Also, a good idea with EB users' sigfigs paying their honours (too bad I'm absent :pir-tongue: ). Zorro would be happy with a tribute like that!

Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Lovely idea for keeping the famous Admiral in our minds! :pir-sweet:

Your giant army is put best into place like this! The golden base looks very good too!

Those are impressive armies Commodore, Zorro would be very proud!

I'm also glad the blue coats have some proper management, now I still need no worry about us ruling the world.:pir-grin:

Splended work Commodore! This is one of the greatest Lego Pirate armies ever.

This is one great way to honour Zorro! Thanks for posting this :pir-classic:

I made a quick comment in Zorro's memorial thread, but I'll elaborate here.

First off, I know Zorro would be proud. I like that they are not all faceless smiles, but you chose different heads, it really makes a difference. Also the fact that these are not all just simple blue coat torsos, is really impressive.

Zorro would have love this Commodore! I'm glad people still remember Zorro and what a special person he was. I'll try to stop by his mother in the near future to show her this thread and also the MOC that was made in Zorro's honor at Brickworld.

Very cool! Zorro is sadly missed and its nice that you did this tribute. Im sure he'd be pleased to see an army that huge paying their respects. I was playing to dedicate my next ship in his honer too.

Thanks for all the comments! I love minifigure armies. They are all packed away in formation waiting for their next opportunity to gather on a field of battle (which we all know the Redcoats will win!).