LoRd AmUnRa

My Slave 1

VERY NICE work. Perfect proportions. It is allso one of my favorite ships, would lilke LEGO to make aUCS version. One question: Why did you put a Bespin Guard in the ship? I think it is a one pilot ship?

Morten

Cool. Just bought Slave 1 oday, and this puts it to shame.

I think the extra seat is because EpII showed it as a 2-seater.

Looks nice, a good build, but what are the faults of the offcial Lego Slave I set?

WOW! That is a awesome moc! everything is there. the size is perfect, all the little details are just right. i love the seismic charge *wub*

I think the most impressive detail is that you made the nose curve just right. Now you only need to sort out the colour a tad and it will be perfect.

Apart from that, this is a great MoC that must've taken alot of time to get right. Keep up that devotion and we'll no doubt see some more great ships and scenes from you.

As others have already stated, the proportions for this creation are more or less perfect. I think you did a very nice job of capturing the shape of the ship, especially around the canopy area. And I like the removable cockpit, it makes for a great play function. Do you know how many studs long this is? Looking at Junsier's system-scale Slave I I think yours looks a bit too small.

The first thing I would suggest is to break up the grey on the main body. If you look at the Bespin platform scene from The Empire Strikes Back you can see that the Slave I's hull is very much a mix of light and dark grey. And, according to the illustration in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the underside of the ship does not feature tan or white. (Although I think those might be due to a lack of pieces.)

For a better cockpit, you may want to refer to the Incredible Cross Sections book.

As others have already stated, the proportions for this creation are more or less perfect. I think you did a very nice job of capturing the shape of the ship, especially around the canopy area. And I like the removable cockpit, it makes for a great play function. Do you know how many studs long this is? Looking at Junsier's system-scale Slave I I think yours looks a bit too small.

The first thing I would suggest is to break up the grey on the main body. If you look at the Bespin platform scene from The Empire Strikes Back you can see that the Slave I's hull is very much a mix of light and dark grey. And, according to the illustration in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the underside of the ship does not feature tan or white. (Although I think those might be due to a lack of pieces.)

For a better cockpit, you may want to refer to the Incredible Cross Sections book.

Wow, what did you search for to get a four year old thread. I don't know if advice like this makes sense four years after the fact. :wacko:

Yeah I highly doubt that that member will ever red this much less actually have this still built and make the modifications. :laugh:

Yeah I highly doubt that that member will ever red this much less actually have this still built and make the modifications. :laugh:

At least LoRd AmUnRa is still an active member. His last logon was within the last two months (in early March). I can't say I remember him posting in the SW forums, although I am far from an authority on this.

Hi fallenangel, as others have mentioned there is not a lot of point posting on a 4 year old thread, we understand that mistakes happen from time to time and are not being nasty to you, however it is unlikely the MOC is still built, so your comments may fall on deaf ears. I noticed Lord Amunra hasn't posted since Dec09 and before that Aug09, so they may not reply to you.

I agree this is a great looking vessel, but if members can be careful in future bumping topics that are this old, as it detracts from what current posting members would like to discuss and showcase.

Cheers

ISC. :classic:

Hi,

Well as you can see I am still something that you can call an active member ^^

However...

Tanks for yours suggestion they are always welcome.

I don’t know how many studs long it is but you can count them if you want to :tongue:

Junsier's Slave I is more or less minifig scale, the windows is to small on his one and it looks sometimes a little crapy ^^ especially the wings. If tried to scale everything right to the window because it is the only think I can’t mod you know but I wish it were bigger. Mine is one or two studs to small I think.

The main body is built in old grey an new bley, it is barly seeing on the picture but in real it looks nice but lacks still of sand green. I have nearly every pic of the slave one including all the illustration and Technical Drawings but I don’t have the the Essential Guide I think, could you take a picture plz ? I already have update the cockpit and other little thinks but never took picture about it. Now I am waiting for the new slave1 from Lego, when I have it I am going to mod it again, maybe in red I have to see that.

And yes I don’t like the new one but the shoulder thing around the wings looks interesting but they are not wide enough :hmpf_bad:

There is a lot of lack in pieces and in the right colour, those blue, brown or reddish pieces Lego is using on there slave1 to design the under body is relay annoying me an messed up the hole ship in my opinion. I will try to built it in 2x2 an 2x3 roof bricks once I have the new slave an time

Whoops! I didn't look at the date of the first post before I placed my comment. I'm sorry if my mistake caused any inconveniences, I haven't been on this forum that long. =::| I'll try not to do this again. Sorry everyone!

To tell you the truth LoRd AmUnRa I am a money-conscious Star Wars fan and I never bothered to pick up the Guide... a few of my buddies own copies and they're always available at old bookstores. (I think Wookieepedia has a few images as well.) If the window bothers you remember you can always build it in bricks or get rid of it - PepaQuin and errbt did the same thing with the Millennium Falcon, Tiao pulled it off very nicely with his E-wing, and I'm considering doing the same thing with my X-wing. The windshields are more or less transparent, so it doesn't detract much from the model.

And from what I've seen of your MOC and the new 8097 I would recommend not buying the 8097 - especially since the better 6209 Slave I is very much available on the Internet.