Sign in to follow this  
Legeaux

The Supply Tender 'Rats

Ritchie I'm some glad you joined us here at eurobricks. I always enjoyed your designs at that other site but there was very little activity other there, I usually end up borrowing design elements from your ships.

Aaron

BTW did you recently show a ship with a MOC anchor? if so could you post a pic again? thanks

Very nice design. You said you used a painted center hull....did you paint it yourself? I've considered using paint before, but I always worried what the result would look like. It looks like it works very well here.

Hello Richie, I did't realise till now you are the owner of Port Brique.

Well, I love your site and your army. I actually have it bookmarked!

Great to have you here.

Well, the ship looks really good. I like the colors you used.

I also use paint on lego (use the paintbrush that I have for model-building).

But till now I only used it on small parts (minifig helmet, small animals,...).

B.

rat04.jpg

Mr Legeaux I see you've used the Flybo hull, well done! I've got 2 of these and haven't done anything with them as yet. I was thinking about making small vessels with them because as far as I know there is no gray middle hull section therefore forcing me to create my own custom mid section.

One minor nitpick though... The mid section appears to be a different shade of gray than the bow and stern or is that just how it looks in pictures? If not I assume its due of piece limitation but I wouldn't be critiquing if I didn't point it out!

Oh, and especially for Mister Phes, the Rats

It's a good ship with a nice design, but the colour scheme doesn't appeals me...And can you please tell me what ''flushed deck'' means??

I love the design and the color scheme! *y*

I do think cloth sails would look nicer though, perhaps even official TLC blue striped sails.

The paper is ok if you dont have the material.

rat04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Mr Legeaux I see you've used the Flybo hull, well done! I've got 2 of these and haven't done anything with them as yet. I was thinking about making small vessels with them because as far as I know there is no gray middle hull section therefore forcing me to create my own custom mid section.

One minor nitpick though... The mid section appears to be a different shade of gray than the bow and stern or is that just how it looks in pictures? If not I assume its due of piece limitation but I wouldn't be critiquing if I didn't point it out!

See above where I said "...a painted white centre section (which I happened to have spare). It

Ritchie I'm some glad you joined us here at eurobricks. I always enjoyed your designs at that other site but there was very little activity other there, I usually end up borrowing design elements from your ships.

Aaron

BTW did you recently show a ship with a MOC anchor? if so could you post a pic again? thanks

I did - the brig Seatop uses brick built anchors... actually anchors borrowed from my frigate Mis

Thankyou! I plan to steal..er...take...borrow some elements from that. very helpful! Also like that sailor in black vest with blue sleeves, got any closeups? or what middle section is that from? And that fella with the green headwrap looks pretty nifty too, I priced out a green cap on BL and oh boy! I ordered some other colors instead.

Aaron

Aaron

I did - the brig Seatop uses brick built anchors... actually anchors borrowed from my frigate Mis

Thankyou! I plan to steal..er...take...borrow some elements from that. very helpful! Also like that sailor in black vest with blue sleeves, got any closeups? or what middle section is that from? And that fella with the green headwrap looks pretty nifty too, I priced out a green cap on BL and oh boy! I ordered some other colors instead.

Aaron

"Borrow" away - it is a pirates forum after all.

The black vest/blue sleeves torso is from the 1979 vintage Snack Bar or Bus Station (was in both of those, at least). The green rag hat isn't one of those expensive BL ones - it was surgically removed from a 4+ pirates fig.

Aaron

The black vest/blue sleeves torso is from the 1979 vintage Snack Bar or Bus Station (was in both of those, at least). The green rag hat isn't one of those expensive BL ones - it was surgically removed from a 4+ pirates fig.

Oh! Surgically removed...cool. Looks good too. I might have to send a pirate to the orlop deck to visit the surgeon.

Aaron

Mr Legeaux could you explain how one surgically removes soemthing from a 4+ pirates maxi-figure?

anchor1.jpg

Tell me why would you go to such efforts if you could just use a Lego anchor from a ship set.

Do you consider these anchors built of bricks to be superior to that of what the Lego Factory issued in pirate sets?

anchor1.jpg

Tell me why would you go to such efforts if you could just use a Lego anchor from a ship set.

Do you consider these anchors built of bricks to be superior to that of what the Lego Factory issued in pirate sets?

I think its because of the size.

Lego anchors are to small for large ships.

custom masts...custom anchors...WOW!

well...about cannons...why that ship hasn't cannons?

and i have seen in that photos a pirate with green bandana...is the first time i have seen a green bandana...can somebody tell me where is that bandana from? i guess is not of pirates theme...and about the face with browneyes and stupid smile...that bring me memories of...6596 Wave Master of LEGO city

Captain Roger, I believe the the explaination lies here:

The green rag hat isn't one of those expensive BL ones - it was surgically removed from a 4+ pirates fig.

But I still haven't got an explainatoin as to how one surgically removes soemthing from a 4+ pirates maxi-figure? Is it a secret or was may question missed the first time round?

anchor1.jpg

x70.jpg

The only green one of these came in 6071 Forestmen's Crossing, so either he's lying or the maxi-figure heads aren't that much bigger! :-D

Captain Roger, I believe this answers your quandry in regards to the head size...

I broke the figures apart at the hips (twisted the legs sideways) - this also seperates the head from the torso, then clamped the head in a vice and hacksawed the head in half. Easy so far.

Then, carefully (more or less) with a craft knife, I cut and prised the remnants of the head away from the hat. I put a few scratches on the hats in the process.

The maxifigs are very securely assembled - the heads secured to the hips inside the torso, and the heads are open topped with the headgear secured inside and out to the heads.

It took me about ten minutes work with the knife for each hat, though I think I could do better or quicker (or possibly both) now. I only had one minor cut in the process.

The rag hats will probably be a little more difficult, being smaller, and I think more delicate, but I intend to have a go at them on the weekend and will report back.