Sign in to follow this  
Horry

[MOC] Shipwreck hideout

thindexedgif.gif 182B

Hi folks!

I actually built a first version of this that collapsed in my hands because of stability issues (of course not until I had finished the damn thing). There will be proper water added and I am waiting for a better camera to arrive. Until then, I'd like to present to you my newest little classic pirates MOC, the shipwreck hideout.

Nobody knows how this ship got smacked on this rock in the middle of nowhere. But when captain Brigid O'Sullivan and her crew had lost their brig this was a perfect place to stay for some days until they made the run for the coast with their longboat.

Some weeks later they came back and turned this wreck into a smuggler's hideout. It is far from most shipping lines and many pirates come here to store some hot goods until they can sell it without getting arrested immediatly.

Comments and criticism are appreciated, as always!

-There is a small custom made capstan for lifting stuff (brooms finally have a purpose for pirates!)

-One cannon and a swivel gun is all weaponry the wreck can bear

-An unfortunate officer of the Royal Army tried to arrest them on a recent run - they took him with them and hanged him

-cooking has to be done on what's left of the weather deck - you don't want to burn down the rest of the ship!

6222984409_5eeaf06c7f_b.jpg

Total 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6222984097_4ced0c86cf_b.jpg

Side 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6223503716_2dc2a20b86_b.jpg

Inner 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6223503572_3f121ebe48_b.jpg

Front 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6223504080_4efa0cc731_b.jpg

Detail 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6223504414_25b4876d63_b.jpg

Detail 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

I don't like the ropes you used. You should use ropes like The Lego Company used in sets like BSB, SES, Imperial trading post(it has a crane), etc

But this is the only bad point in my opinion. Is a nice MOC by the way

I don't like the ropes you used. You should use ropes like The Lego Company used in sets like BSB, SES, Imperial trading post(it has a crane), etc

But this is the only bad point in my opinion. Is a nice MOC by the way

Hehe, that's interesting. I actually don't like the TLG-string as it is too thin for making up most of the standing rigging in a ship. But I'll try an intermediate solution. Thanks to both of you! :pir-sweet:

Very cool moc Horry! I like the idea of the crashed remains stuck on a rock, its such a piraty idea. I like the little details you have added and the side of the ship is particularly well done. Nice work!

Very cool moc Horry! I like the idea of the crashed remains stuck on a rock, its such a piraty idea. I like the little details you have added and the side of the ship is particularly well done. Nice work!

Thank you! It is, isn't it? I had just watched the last POTC movie and said to myself: This wreck-thing must be done soon.

And now it has already collapsed two more times - I really need to fix it better to that bloody rock.

And thanks to Pavel as well. :pir-classic:

Nicely done, hehe, it looks very unstable, I suggest you enhance that factor and add additional rigging to fix it :pir-sweet: , well done.

On the other side, I suppose a wreck of ship on a rock is not really a stable thing. The possibility that it could collapse is something you must consider if living there :pir-sweet:

I love this MOC but there is one thing that is wrong with it and for me it's a deal breaker.

The photographs. A white background studio would really do this MOC justice. With that window in the background out really ruined the colors of your MOC and makes it a little difficult to focus on the details. Also the table doesn't help.

I may sound harsh, but I really do like the MOC, I personally like the ropes you used. The LEGO ones have always been too thin, yours look more rugged and real.

The photographs. A white background studio would really do this MOC justice. With that window in the background out really ruined the colors of your MOC and makes it a little difficult to focus on the details. Also the table doesn't help.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really suck at photographing, my camera sucks at photographing and I don't have proper backgrounds - this always annoys the crap out of me when presenting my MOCs. I'll try to set up something like a studio but I am afrad I really don't know where to put it.. might need some time to re-organize the rooms :pir-blush:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really suck at photographing, my camera sucks at photographing and I don't have proper backgrounds - this always annoys the crap out of me when presenting my MOCs. I'll try to set up something like a studio but I am afrad I really don't know where to put it.. might need some time to re-organize the rooms :pir-blush:

A really simple studio set up is 2 piece of white tag board or foam board, you should be able to pick some up at any office supply store for only a few dollars and it can easily be hidden under your bed or behind a desk when not in use.

Love it. Classic, looks almost like an old set.

For stability though, maybe add some diagonal "wooden planks" propped against the rock and supporting the bottom of the ship?

~Cpt. Tristan