mvelic

MOC: Trebuchet

Hi all!

Some of you have already seen my Moc "Siege of Zara" (And thank you for comments and faves there). Now, Cuusoo inspired me to take my time to take photos and video of one detail from that diorama - trebuchet. Model is something between technic and system moc - I tried to build it to be realistic in minifig scale but in the same time I wanted it to work. After lots of tries and mistakes I finally managed to find the balance and it actually fires bricks! default_satisfied.gif

6217453029_cbb0aa4c57.jpg

Gallery and video here.

If you like it, please support it on Cuusoo.

Thanks!

Edited by TazManiac
Deep-linked image.

I really like this model, and I'm supporting it on Cuusoo already. :thumbup:

It would be great to see more realistic siege engines in the Castle series. I'm a bit tired of the simple swinging pots they put in every set. :sceptic:

Just the other week we were visiting the castles in Carcassonne and Les Baux de Provence, and they had a full scale trebuchet built firing everyday. It was an amazing sight to see. :classic:

Thanks,

Thor

Supported.

We've been missing a good, realistic catapult in the Castle theme for ages! The functionality video was great, I'm impressed. Hope this gets produced, I could really use this.

Only thing is, I didn't read your description before replying to the short questionnaire so I said I would pay 25 USD for 120 parts. Oops. :blush: Blame me.

Best of luck!

Fantastic functionality with such a small size! I applaud the winch and pulley system, especially, for their simplicity. I built a minifig-scale floating-arm trebuchet, but its mechanism wasn't nearly as clever as yours, and relied a lot more on hand-of-god action to load.

I'm interested to hear, though, whether or not the trebuchet actually fires with distance - your counterweight (from what I can see) doesn't seem like it's relatively heavy enough to fling anything, being all bricks.

AWESOME creation 'mvelic', not sure if Lego would do a trebuchet set or not.....maybe too many broken windows is there fear or worse ? :devil:

Great designing...works perfectly too ! :grin:

Brick On Battle On 'mvelic' ! :grin:

Supported. I wish LEGO would do more realistic siege weapons like this in castle sets or some sort of creator set.

Thanks!