Zilcho

Black Pearl vs Queen Anne's Revenge

Black Pearl or the Queen Annes Revenge  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Black Pearl
    • Queen Annes Revenge
    • I have to have them both

Nice video! I liked the start and the end. You forgot to do part of the front (triangle) flag. :pir-tongue:

Thanks. I did do it, but soon after attaching it, I knocked the front of it loose and didn't realise till later on. By that point I was waaaaay too jaded to go back and re-do those shots again.

I prefer the QAR. Whilst I accept it has its fair share of problems (open cabin, excess of annoying skull parts) I think it captures the source material better than the Black Pearl model. What I don't like about the Black Pearl is some of the blatant inaccuracies that could have been avoided, everyone knows the Black Pearl has 3 windows at the back yet the lego version only has two. Its also supposed to be a powerful pirate ship yet they gave it only two cannons. Fundamentally, I don't think it even looks like the Black Pearl.

I prefer the QAR. Whilst I accept it has its fair share of problems (open cabin, excess of annoying skull parts) I think it captures the source material better than the Black Pearl model. What I don't like about the Black Pearl is some of the blatant inaccuracies that could have been avoided, everyone knows the Black Pearl has 3 windows at the back yet the lego version only has two. Its also supposed to be a powerful pirate ship yet they gave it only two cannons. Fundamentally, I don't think it even looks like the Black Pearl.

Agreed, Equiped with black sails you could call any other ship "the Black Pearl" as well, the Qar really has some details typical for the ship in the movie.

Now that both ships are available, I shall blog this poll so that more people see it and tell us which one of the two latest Pirate Ships they prefer.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon!

The two ships are both pretty realistic, but the Black Pearl is highly unplayable on the deck, which the large cabin makes up for. The QAR is the reverse, the deck is highly playable but the cabin is way too small for playability. I personally prefer the QAR, even though in the movies, i prefer the Pearl.

Black pearl for me

the QAR is in my opinion lacking the classic-pirate feel and the black pearl has that feel

it also has black hull parts... :drool:

Both ships have their strengths and drawbacks, and it would feel incomplete to have 1 and not the other, so both for me.

I've seen the here at the Lego shop in Hamburg. I have to say that it looks much better than in the pictures and it has nice details. My personal feeling is that it is too small to represent the ship of the movie, it really looks more like a toy.

So I bought the Queen Anne's revenge, 'cause I need a rival for the Imperial Flagship :-)

I'll post some pics of my Pirate layout when it will be finished.

Bump

I faced the similar dilemma a couple of months ago. Decided on the Black Pearl because it's 1) Jack Sparrow's ship, 2) It's black (my favorite color) and 3) QAR has red/crimson/maroon elements (my least favorite color)

That being said, I'm disappointed with how small the Black Pearl is.

Before, I mentioned I would vote with price. I ended up buying QAR because at the time it was on sale at TRU. This was Nov-Dec 2011. I couldn't pass up the deal. One day I'm sure BP will also be on sale at some point. Then I'll probably end up buying it also.

Edited by sharky

Before, I mentioned I would vote with price. I ended up buying QAR because at the time it was on sale at TRU. This was Nov-Dec 2011. I couldn't pass up the deal. One day I'm sure BP will also be on sale at some point. Then I'll probably end up buying it also.

It's $74 at Walmart at the moment. It might be time.

I love my Black Pearl! However I'd love a Queen Anne's Revenge too. :pir_laugh2:

I voted for both. I just finished building the QAR that was a lot of fun. the BP box is calling to me to open it up and have it built too :pir-blush:

If we are comparing the sets, I'd have too say it is pretty even. I have the pearl, not QAR, but I think they both have nice qualities and flaws. One flaw with them both is that for the movie the pearl and QAR are the same ship, but QAR is different colored and they added onto the poop deck area, and in the sets it appears that QAR is longer/bigger than the pearl.

However, If we were talking about the actual ships I'd say I like the pearl a lot better. :pir-classic:

Sorry to bump an older thread can anyone point me to comparison pics of these 2 next to each other?

I can't sorry, but the QAR is considerably bigger than the BP. The BP, however, has a bigger cabin, which is good for playability.