Sign in to follow this  
def

Fraulein Bloodbrick: The Conclusion

6219781059_780c00d736_z.jpg

The group natters and chatters amongst themselves about how to vote, but with so few people left, it's been decided.

6219781129_5190759fb2_z.jpg

For the last time, the slender vixen enters the main hall. She marches up to Rickety Cannon and gives him a swift execution.

6220302300_bd0ba797a8_z.jpg

She looks at the Walrus League and gives the the go ahead to remove the remaining patients.

6220302354_c2949c7a76_z.jpg

With appropriate swiftness, they snuff them out.

6219781347_e42bf3f179_z.jpg

They begin toward Pelly, and a voice halts them; "No, he lives. Putnam must be allowed to carry this tale with him."

6220302700_4b74b27db3_z.jpg

Shinobu, Draxia, and Shalonda shrug. "Whatever," Shalonda says, "but where's the cash you promised us?"

Draxia nods her head, "I will start a new, better life with it."

Shinobu says, "So da ne!"

Fraulein Bloodbrick laughs. "You think I have money? I spent my last penny on that stupid crepe machine! My guards abandoned us days ago!" She laughs again.

6219781807_6aa7f4cabd_z.jpg

"I've already got what I wanted; this place is up to our knees in blood! Can't you see it?! It'll never be clean!"

6220303012_9d81921f1e_z.jpg

The three surviving Walrus look at each other. "megabluck this, I'm getting out of here," Draxia says.

"Mo ii yo!" Shinobu concurs.

6219782027_0c8bd47f36_z.jpg

They leave the delirious woman on the floor of the main hall, silent but for her laughing and the sound of Pelly's pen.

6220303148_20ae82e0cd_z.jpg

Then the sound of Pelly's pen stops. He closes his book.

6220303220_e14b9b5278_z.jpg

He looks at Bloodbrick. He pulls a transmitter out of his pocket.

6219782275_08ccc7ba01_z.jpg

He places his finger on the button....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations to the Fine Young Walrus League (scum) for the win! Whitefang, Shadows, Dragonator, iamded, JimButcher, and Hinckley!

You earned this win in this new game! While town leaned on night actions, you swept their feet and kicked them in the megablocks. Nice job, and I expect you to explain to them where they went wrong.

Town, you had two full time players, Rufus/Pandora and KielDaMan (and maybe Sandy), and the rest of you seemed to just be sitting around waiting. Oh well, I'll get into it more in the post game :wink: Ultimately, it's just a game; on a finer level, it's hours of our lives spent on a fruitless journey because our teammates were too lazy to pay attention. It's up to you which perspective you have on it.

More later when I'm not drunk :drunk: (not drunk now, but working on it :wink: )

Afterlife writeboard: http://123.writeboard.com/2zueo83tp76v94dk

PW: mental

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a list of night actions/med abilities.

White meant regular night actions I needed PMs for, purple meant passive abilities, and light gray meant no action. When meds were taken out,

6222596622_d96ba01ec1_b.jpg

6222596662_9217ae5fec_b.jpg

Yay, well done team! Knew we could manage it with a few sacrifices along the way! :laugh:

For the record, I was the only person converted from the town side. :wink:

Nice conclusion def, Bloodbrick sure is one crazy megablocks woman. That whole family should be in anasylum. :wacko:

Time to break out the celebratory meds! :thumbup:

We could have at least taken the crepe machine. :hmpf_bad:

Still, it's nice to see Pelly get some closure, the old fashioned way. :grin:

I'd have to disagree about the town only having two full time players, I thought that Professor Flitwick, Cornelius Murdock, Scouts and Big Cam all put some obvious effort into their posting, utilizing the given character profiles to really bring them to life, I actually regretted a few of those kills. A little. :wink:

Beyond that, this whole game came down to controlling the meds and their associated actions. We got lucky to pin down the good ones early and make the most of them, then kill them off before the town could use them to their advantage. We also got lucky that it was in the towns best interest to keep their meds quiet, which encouraged them to hide the crucial information they did manage to get instead of using it to stop us.

I think this turned out to be another game played a little too much in PM, which was easy to take advantage of. I have long messages from many of you to show for it. You people talk too much, should take lessons from Pelly. :laugh:

It was fun, I actually went out of my way to play this completely differently from normal, I tried to look like town. I don't even look like town when I really am, so it took some effort. Giving up the SK, voting off 3 of our own, letting other people make their own bad decisions for the town with only little nudges to lead them in the right direction. It's hard work trying to make it look like you're not doing anything! :laugh:

If I have any regret in all of this, it's missing out on a chance to rock Frau Bloodbrick's world, the hot little vixen that she is was.

For the record, I was the only person converted from the town side. :wink:

I really thought that was obvious the night that Hinck died and that we'd spend the next day defending you. Go figure! :laugh:

Now, let's go make some use of that permanent smile of yours. :devil:

First of all, when did 5 = 6??? :sceptic:

I never saw that conversion coming, even if Rufus brought up the idea in our discussions, I never entertained the idea thinking that the "simple med-swapping" thingy is all the twist we'll have in this game. That kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it ruined the overall fun I had in the game. I would have rather been defeated by a "Clear 5" instead of a "Surprising 6". Oh well, I guess it's just me sourgraping that all the hardwork of the committed townies was laid to waste. Sorry for the minor rant, just being honest with what I feel. :sadnew:

With that out of the way, I'd like to thank def for letting me play and have my first regular mafia game experience, it was a blast playing with and against the great mafiosos of EB. The refreshing med/ability-passing idea is highly-commendable and hope to see it reincarnated in some sort in future mafia games.

Special thanks to Rufus/Pandora, I've learned a lot interacting with the both of you. You're like the Obi-Wan of my Anakin: :blush:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lIWm1GSHJ2o

Thanks also to my Town allies Tammo, Ron, and Sandy (briefly).

My apologies to Cornelius, Flitwick, and Brickdoctor for the wrong accusations.

And congratulations to the Scum Team, even if I badly wanted to beat all of you. Now seeing the five six of you, you sure are a formidable heavyweight team of a scummies. :thumbup:

Awesome conclusion def! I was worried you'd kill everyone off at the end, with the telltale signs of Pelly beign crazy and getting my sleek black detonator... Glad to see the remaining scum managed to high-tail it outta there. :devil:

Well, I had a blast. (Because... demolitions expert... heh...)

So this was my first time playing as scum! And boy was it fun! :grin: I couldn't have asked for a better team. Hinck, Shadows, Fangy and JimBee, and then Draggy too. :laugh: Man, what a game. :laugh:

And I thank def for hosting it too! It was certainly different from the EB standard, which was nice. Not sure how I would've liked it on the town side, I'm sure I would have been awfully confused. :grin:

I loved the effort some of us put into our characters too. I went out of character a lot (if I was being nice or kind, I was out of character :grin: ), but there were those who stuck adamantly to their characters, and it was very entertaining. Flitwick, Scouts, Kiel and Cornelius come to mind, but really everyone had their own little thing. Character adds to much to Mafia games. I felt terrible when Stanley Spaceman died, he was the one townie I'd have really liked to live through this. :blush:

I'd like to especially commend Hinck, if I may. The levels of paranoia he reaches, the lengths he goes to to avoid suspicion, it's truly remarkable. :grin: Hyper-Hinck is my Mafia hero. :wub_drool::grin: But y'know, it was the scum team working together, and Shadows pulling together and getting us through the end that tied it all up in a pretty bow. Ah, go team. :grin:

Okay, that's all for now. Good game everyone. :thumbup:

I couldn't have asked for a better team. Hinck, Shadows, Fangy and JimBee, and then Draggy too.

Seriously, does the Town have a chance beating that scum line-up? What a damn luck of the draw cup! :laugh:

I loved the effort some of us put into our characters too.

Ah yes, my "Best Character" award goes to Flitwick, who could ever forget Koilette, I love that fish.. :wub: (Am I hitting on fishes too now? :tongue:)

My thoughts during the game:

(I didn't keep notes consistently, but this is what I wrote)

Day 1

- People stating I'll be angry if there's no conviction. Why? You have to vote, that's all.

- Pie's 'no vote' idea is sound. He just acted like a dick first.

- Hinck revealing his medicine is a dick move. A fair move for scum, but it removes some humor from the game.

- Pie lies about being neutral= dumb X 10

- Pie claims "this is the most over heated day one." No, he's just participating.

- Peanuts, post 306, "thief only helps scum." No, there are only scummy actions. If town is aggressive, scum actions can be very useful. In a game like this, any scum knowing they'll be on the block will choose the most useful action to die with them. A smart townie will steal that action to keep from losing it.

Day 2

- Mainly well played

- Hopefully badboy got Sok to trail Hinck night two.

- I thought Shadows' Tracker reveal was a bad idea at first. Usually in this sort of game, revealing info is a 'dumb or scum' move, which would label him as scum. But since it's a first game for most, he could get away with it. And, when the tracker is killed, he has an alibi, since everyone knew about it (except the many players not reading the thread :hmpf: )

- Scum kill off one investigator, and badboy for knowing too much. They are lucky they got the gun first night one, but now they need to get it every night or else.

Day 3

- Town megablocking sucks at this point. Badboy is in the afterlife saying Hinck is proven town.

- The day before, Shadows saw Zeph target Rice, and he pounced on it. But nobody blinks that he isn't pouncing on Hinck, who was witnessed targeting Tammo. In the last game (Baritones 3), he pounced on WBD for being caught targeting, and also said that he trusted any player who spoke first (Ron in that game, Sandy in this one). Not one townie thought that was inconsistent. They all suck for not noticing this blatant scum tell.

- Sandy publicly blabbed shit too soon, this time's Kiel's PM info. She did the same to me in the Forest. Lesson learned. Don't PM confidential stuff to Sandy.

- While scum is certainly doing well, and and a little lucky with med picks, the bottom line is town megablocking sucks. Only Kiel and Rufus seem to be putting any brainpower toward solving stuff.

-Flit and Alopex have had the bomb, and neither tried to lure scum in to die with a well placed statement. A team town player would play 'bait.'

- megablocking megabluck, I wish people participated more than just leaning on some leaders.

- Some players have the memory of a goldfish.

Day 4

- Hinck is annoying.

Day 5

- After four days in a row, the town manages to get the gun inventor. I clearly wonder if they'll be able to clearly "get" what it means. The best move in this case would be to out it, I think, but I imagine Murdock has a massive burden of who to trust. I don't know who he's PM'ing with.

-Scum have had the advantage in medicine choice almost every shift one. By day three, I was telling them night results in a group PM, so all were getting notified at day start, while only the townies waiting for results were notified. Arguably it doesn't matter, as scum could notify each other.

-Flitwick has no idea what he's talking about, and he's loud about it. He completely ignores the fact that Shadows and BC both went after the SK, which clears nobody. Both factions are happy to take out the SK, and of course, good scum, especially in a game with one scum faction, will work that to appear town.

- Up to this point, Shadows and Hinck have been working to appear town. The other scum isn't doing much, in thread.

- iamded and JimB "support" flitwick's theory, which is a horrible scum tell. The fact that they both scooped up ability meds they probably shouldn't have known to take is also a tell. Draggy said he had the option of giving a gun, which was false. Med user's must give a gun, but nobody caught it. Iamded is very conservative with Hinck and Jim's accusations, but loved Flitwick's accusation of Big Cam.

Day 6

- A very quick day and a weak defense by iamded.

-I wonder if Rufus/Pandora figured out that Murdock was blocked from giving the gun. If so, that would finger Shadows, but I think they're working together, Town has convicted three scum, but at least Shadows and Whtefang will be a challenge to uncover.

Day 7

- The last pistol weilder was blacked out, for the sake of fairness. On the one hand, if I'd thought of it at the time, the third kill (after scum and SK) should have had its own avatar. Using a walrus almost concretely led it back to Jim and Deddy (and it didn't! there were lots of questions!). At the same time, I'm still 99% sure Jim and Deddy would have been lynched when they did. But still, it shouldn't have been a walrus. Shadows complained, and I thought it was fair, so I changed it. This gave scum a little advantage, but it was partly town's fault for making two mistakes that helped Draggy: 1) his saying the gun giving was optional and 2) town assumed there was only a one-night delay on the gun, when actually there was no expiry on it, as inventor roles often don't.

- Rufus used Hinck's "strategy" to peg Brickdoctor. It's understandable, but I think scum wouldn't really get into their own strategy with any townies in order to build trust. It's possible, but I wouldn't, and Hinck didn't. Plus, scum needs to block roles! Not hide from them. That's the most important.

-Rufus mentions that scum likes to stay in the middle, but I would consider Brickdoctor a back end floater, not in the middle. He's done nothing in particular.

Day 8

- Town's only hope is cluing in that the doctor role kept conveniently surviving until Kiel took it. That fact is a massive finger pointing at scum! Massive! Since Shadows and Draggy tend to log in around the day start, all they need to do is log in and finish the day off.

I'd have to disagree about the town only having two full time players, I thought that Professor Flitwick, Cornelius Murdock, Scouts and Big Cam all put some obvious effort into their posting, utilizing the given character profiles to really bring them to life, I actually regretted a few of those kills. A little. :wink:

Sorry , Murdock did a good job.

Scouts will be remembered for trying to start a Pelly vote in my mind. Big Cam showed up each day...

I never saw that conversion coming, even if Rufus brought up the idea in our discussions, I never entertained the idea thinking that the "simple med-swapping" thingy is all the twist we'll have in this game. That kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it ruined the overall fun I had in the game. I would have rather been defeated by a "Clear 5" instead of a "Surprising 6". Oh well, I guess it's just me sourgraping that all the hardwork of the committed townies was laid to waste. Sorry for the minor rant, just being honest with what I feel. :sadnew:

That's fair enough. In the afterlife writeboard, I mentioned being up front about the style of game, and 'recruitment' is a style. Almost nobody mentioned recruitment on the night scum didn't make a regular kill.

Recruitment is the status quo for mafia games here, so I never made a point of it, but I can understand your frustration at it. :blush:

To be honest, I didn't expect a conversion. No offence, but I think there's too many games including conversions, but of course hosts are free to design their own games.

Well, the town didn't play very well. I had the impression, some people hadn't figured out how the meds worked up to day 3, but that's just my impression. I'm of course not saying I knew everything about it, I was also surprised to read there was a gun inventor med.

Well, I feel kinda stupid for falling for Hinck's defense, when he produced that framing theory, I should have voted for him directly.

And now I see how the thief would have helped the town (I also see how DMT would have helped, which I considered absolutely useless for townies), it makes sence. :blush:

Was the conversion a one-shot ability?

One more afterthought:

- The EB games staff know this already, but for the rest of you: I hosted this without Internet at my house. I moved in August, and I was supposed to have Internet in September... So much so that I held the sign up thread. Then I learned I wouldn't. So I hosted most of this game on the wi-fi available at Japan's McDonalds. It wasn't terrible, but when I ducked up a photo, I couldn't correct it since my editing software was at home and my net computer was at McDonalds. It made me a lot harder on myself, and also somewhat more frustrated dealing with PMs when I wasn't at McDonalds... considering this was a far more PM-heavy game than usual, that's all my fault for taking on the responsibility, so, for the most part, sorry if I was (too much of) a dick to anyone. My attitude was, say, 30% worse than the first Bloodbrick game.

This should clear up some of it, including the question about the conversion situation. I especially liked the part about losing 3. :laugh:

Scum!

You are all members of the Fine Young Walrus League. For months, Fraulein Bloodbrick has been in contact with you, in advance of her big anniversary event. If you manage to kill all the patients in the hospital, she will set you free and has promised you $5 million to share. Whitefang is your charismatic leader and will appear Town upon investigation. The rest of you will appear as scum.

While you have a single kill to share between you, you are all vanilla scum! All the town is vanilla town! No, it's not Belville Mafia all over again!

Here's the twist: Everyday, medicine will be given to the patients. Different medicine will give you different abilities for one game day. Some medicine will have none. Town should have this figured out by day two, so this is a small heads up for you. You will be sharing your night action with the town! Town will all be told they are vanilla and they have to hunt down all the scum.

Your night kill may not be used in conjunction with another night action. Likely, one of you will have a passive action, or no action, and they can kill without a problem. But, if all of you have an action at night, one of you will have to forfeit their medicine for the night to make the kill. If this is unclear, wait until 48 hours in, after you've gotten your first batch, to see if it's clearer. If it's still unclear, PM me.

Since you can find town roles a lot easier than usual, town is more beefed up than usual. As a second balance, you may recruit one player. If you are unfortunate enough to lose two members by the start of day four, you may recruit a second. If you lose three, you guys suck.

Good luck! Please submit night actions together in this thread.

Please confirm your character in the confirmation thread.

Roles:

6142925009_e5870714c8_t.jpg

Heng Lewley, "The Fantabulous Kresmo" (Hinckley) - A hypnotist of some renown, he left a trail of bodies across the eastern seaboard. Accompanied by his bullied partner, The Alluring Draxia, the two used the power of hypnosis to induce suicidal states in victims, in part to deceive the police into ruling the deaths as something other than murder.

6143476210_5c85a4223f_t.jpg

Imes da Booey (imaded) A demolitions 'expert' who destroyed a city block during a routine building demolition. He claimed it was accidental, but psychological tests have shown he receives obscure pleasure from watching things implode. A compulsive masturbator.

6143475488_446b802d53_t.jpg

Shinobu Shiroba (Whitefang) A Japanese national staying in America at the time of hospitalization. Shinobu suffers a chemical imbalance causing deep dissociative tendencies, heightened by her lack of fluency, making her feel a heightened form of depression and loneliness.

6143475804_5109752ec8_t.jpg ]

Janie "Pun'kin" Beeswax (JimButcher) Nicknamed "pun'kin", not for her cuteness, but for her IQ. With the death of her parents, she went into the care of the state, which has placed her at our fine institution. Because of her difficulty at communicating with others, she has been given special permission to keep a dog, 'Charles' at the hospital.

6143476072_a5908e9bb1_t.jpg

Shalonda Cunningham (Shadows) A crank that had been living on his own for years, as his paranoia grew unchecked. Convinced aliens are monitoring our mind's frequency, his gold brick apparently prevents broadcast wave interception. In other areas of life, he's competent enough, it's simply his belief that he's a target of alien interest that makes him a patient here.

This was an actual random draw! I was about to throw it back, then thought, hey, what the megabluck? Why not.

That last line is very important for prospective hosts, no megablocking with random draws. Make it random and accept it, it's the will of the universe. :wink:

Was the conversion a one-shot ability?

Scum had one recruitment, unless they happened to lose more than one in the first three days, in which case they would be able to recruit two.

Off the top of my head, every EB game in over a year has had recruitments, except Q-Man's Belville, so it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise.

I considered town pretty heavily weighted with two investigators and a kill investigator, so before the game I was worried it was unfair to scum.

So that's why there was no kill on Night 3! :laugh: I certainly wasn't expecting a conversion.

My allies in this game were Kiel and Ron, and I have to admit, we were pretty lucky med-wise. I was lucky enough to stumble onto the blocker med on Day 1, and then the seer med on Day 2, and Ron found the Peach Cobbler on Day 1.

I investigated CorneliusMurdock the night I died, because a town reading on him would've cleared whoever he investigated on Night 1 as well as him. I thought it was a pretty good way to expand our 'inner-townie circle', but I died before I was able to put it in place.

Anyways, congratulations to the winners! You had me fooled for quite a while there. :laugh:

And a big thanks to def for hosting this wonderful game and for letting me play!

That last line is very important for prospective hosts, no megablocking with random draws. Make it random and accept it, it's the will of the universe. :wink:

:blush:

I mentioned it somewhere, so I'll have to repeat it. That was my second draw. The first draw had, out of six special roles, Draggy as scum and Rick as the SK. It was Rick's pull that got me to abandon it. Since both had the same role in Baritones 3, I just didn't want it to be like that. So I had a second random draw.

There's your lesson for prospective hosts. Don't do what I do :blush:

Wow, that was quick. Congratulations, Scum.

I seriously need to convince myself to be more outspoken.

Congratulations scum!

Sorry that I didn't participate much, I think I'll take a break from Mafia games...

Thanks for letting me play def, it was a brilliant game! (I loved the twist...)

AHHHHH, I am finally glad this game is over! I am not good in playing scum but it was a pleasant sweet surprise to note my scummy teammates and I had won this game! Lots of discussion was done in private and I can felt it through my teammates. I didn't interact much in the game, especially in private. I hate to manipulate and cheat the feelings of others, which is why, I refrain myself from approaching others in private as much as I can. However, I do have a fail safe mechanism as my character profile is unique from others, is I am the only person upon investigation will provide a townie results from all investigations. So, the only way to pin me down was through conviction.

The entire game was largely planned out, especially the first 3 days, who is mainly lead by Hinck, then after Hinck's death and Rufus & Pandora straight conviction of the other 2 of our teammates, we got to device another plan that was coordinated by Shadows. What can I ask, who can ever expect the 3 of us, plus Draggy and iamded and Jimbee to be on the same team. Lots of decisions were painful and we had a hard time debating on what we can do to eliminate those growing threats.

It was a great game, and for all who realises, I am sure Rufus & Pandora have already noted of the no-killing of Day 3. Sorry, I lied about my protection and lying is not my forte. It was very obvious that a conversion is definitely expected. I was even thinking of other more bizarre roles such as the "usurper".

Still, let's not bring the grudges to another new game. It is always hard not to metagame but please try not to.

More thoughts later on.

People here talk about how metagaming against certain players is not fair, but seeing the same faces in the scum line-up once again (although I do believe it was a random draw) makes me think it's totally justified. :laugh:

I still have to apologize for being partially to blame for screwing up the game for the Town. It's a shame we couldn't get the scum despite the valiant efforts of certain players, but on the other hand this was a whole new system for EB Mafia games, so it's totally understandable that people got confused and could not think of all the options.

But thank you def for introducing this new method of playing this wonderful game to us! Let's hope we'll see it again in the future!

There was a point where the town all thought our luck had changed with three agents in a row, but alas, you won. Congratulations scum! :thumbup:

And thank you, def, for a fun game! :thumbup: The medicine was an interesting edition to the Mafia games, and gave a fresh new perspective to Night Actions. I am curious as to the inclusion of the Cupid's arrow, the INNOCENT! pill, and and the the repeating repeating pill pill. I just feel that they rather unnecessary, and sort of broke the experience of playing a role, e.g. Poby love Sassy for a day, when he's supposed to love Koilette (even though it was Peanuts who struck me with that arrow! :hmpf_bad::tongue: ).

-Flitwick has no idea what he's talking about, and he's loud about it. He completely ignores the fact that Shadows and BC both went after the SK, which clears nobody. Both factions are happy to take out the SK, and of course, good scum, especially in a game with one scum faction, will work that to appear town.

Well, neutrals have the ability to align themselves with any party they chose. I thought if Shadows did find out the Serial Killer's identity, then they would've contacted them, in order to be killing two (or three, on nights with the pistol) townies a night. Shadows would've just needed to have reached an olive branch out to Zepher, and not reveal the total tree of Frau's agents. Doesn't seem too idiotic to assume Shadows, the first to reveal the serial killers identity, was a townie. At least I think so! :grin:

And whilst wearing here, sorry for accusing you, Big Cam. :blush:

:blush: Thank you, Shadows!

My apologies to Cornelius, Flitwick, and Brickdoctor for the wrong accusations.

Don't worry; wrong accusations happen all the time in Mafia Games! :wink:

I loved the effort some of us put into our characters too. I went out of character a lot (if I was being nice or kind, I was out of character :grin: ), but there were those who stuck adamantly to their characters, and it was very entertaining. Flitwick, Scouts, Kiel and Cornelius come to mind, but really everyone had their own little thing. Character adds to much to Mafia games. I felt terrible when Stanley Spaceman died, he was the one townie I'd have really liked to live through this. :blush:

:blush: Thank you too, iamded!

Ah yes, my "Best Character" award goes to Flitwick, who could ever forget Koilette, I love that fish.. :wub: (Am I hitting on fishes too now? :tongue:)

Koilette was amazing. :laugh:

:blush: I'm glad to hear this, I was worried that the whole 'holds dead fish up to ear' would start to get annoying! :grin:

And thank you, def, for a fun game! :thumbup: The medicine was an interesting edition to the Mafia games, and gave a fresh new perspective to Night Actions. I am curious as to the inclusion of the Cupid's arrow, the INNOCENT! pill, and and the the repeating repeating pill pill. I just feel that they rather unnecessary, and sort of broke the experience of playing a role, e.g. Poby love Sassy for a day, when he's supposed to love Koilette (even though it was Peanuts who struck me with that arrow! :hmpf_bad::tongue: ).

The Bug Dust counted the vote of the taker twice, so that one did have a beneficial action.

The Powdered Rhino Horn could be used to sow confusion or get the victim to incur enough penalties to be lynched, I guess.

I have to say, despite the way the game started for me (what are the chances that the game starts when you don't expect it to, you're checking EB on a mobile device, you have to say say everything everything twice twice, and you have to flatter someone in every post?), this was probably the most fun mafia game I've played so far. (with nothing against Isla Paradisa or Baritones 3) The med thing was a great twist. Loved it. :sweet: Even if I somehow managed to get a bunch of Vanilla meds.

Well done scummos! :thumbup: Thoroughly well played.

A few quick comments.

Pandora and I had what might have been seen as an unfair advantage - we could bounce ideas off each other without worry that the other might be scum, whilst both being immersed in the game and being privy to PMs etc. However, at the start of the game a number of people assumed we must be scum because of the strange arrangement. And anyway, if there were any advantage it came to nothing! Personally, I enjoyed playing like this; thanks def for having the idea and running with it :wub:

This game shouldn't have had conversions. In a game with vanilla townies, with interchangeable night actions, there is no way to differentiate fairly between townies who are or who aren't convertible. If the scum can convert absolutely anyone, this gives them a massive advantage. The whole set-up was pointing to this being a no-conversion game.

That fact led to our first mistake. We therefore assumed that the no scum kill on night 3 was because either the scum tried to kill us, and didn't know about the Peach Cobbler; or, that they tried to kill Shadows, who we believed (erroneously) was protected by WhiteFang. Either possibility led us to trust Shadows, despite the fact that he smells rather scummy in PM.

Even then, we didn't fully trust him, until his killing of Alopex showed up as a black figure, and not a Walrus. The Walrus kills had been roughly consistent, with a different coloured Walrus to denote a different killer: of course we would therefore assume that he wasn't scum. I appreciate the comments that we shouldn't look for clues in pictures, but this was an inconsistency that was totally misleading and set us firmly down the wrong path.

Had it not been for these, I'm confident we wouldn't have trusted Shadows, and would certainly have accused Dragonator in thread. By day 8 we'd realised our mistake, but it was already too late (the 'accusation' of Roncanator was just to get him to talk to us).

Personally I wish I'd gone with my gut, which immediately after night three was screaming at me that Shadows was scum. Goes to show.

Thanks for the interesting and different game mechanism, def. Of course the losing side will have criticisms, but it was a superb concept, and brilliantly presented and run. :thumbup:

Poby love Sassy for a day, when he's supposed to love Koilette (even though it was Peanuts who struck me with that arrow! :hmpf_bad::tongue: ).

I'm sorry about that. Well, sort of. But it was mainly funny because you were one of the best roleplayers. I really love what you did with you and Koilette. I didn't realize I could have used the pill so that people I considered scum would eb careful not to get a penalty. I guess it must be really hard with the double talk pill. :look:

Congrats to the scum! That's probably been one of the best/worst scum draws of all time. :laugh:

This was a really insane innovative idea brought to the table, def. The medication was really both fitting for this game and a great new idea for mafias in general. The Bug Dust would've just ruined me. Though I did a pretty good job of that myself. :ugh: The conversion caught me totally by surprise. Suppose it got forgotten in the 'gimme my meds!' rush. :tongue:

Rufus/Pandora (not quite sure which, I usually keep track of players by avatars. :blush: ) was really leading the townie charge. Best lynchstreak I've ever seen. :thumbup:

Woo, boy, what a game! Big congrats to the scum for a well played game. You got out of it with just a flesh wound :grin: ! Severe screw up on my part, but that's the way the cookie crumbled :grin: I'd like to apologize to the town for my counter-thinking, I threw the ball in the air and hoped that it would come down again. It never really did. I want to say, def, that this was definitely a great idea to bring to EB, adding a refreshing change to EB's mafia games. I also liked the story of the game (I'm a sucker for a good story), seeing how crazy Frau Crazy Pants is and all. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play and I had an enjoyable time, overall.

With that in mind...

Scouts will be remembered for trying to start a Pelly vote in my mind.

I wasn't the only one to start a vote on Pelly... In fact, I never came up with the idea in the first place. That was Amy, who was scum. In my paranoid mind, it sounded logical, since there were already quite a lot of town kills already, and I didn't know if there were even any scum. I don't recall ever having been told how many scum there were in a game, as that number has usually always been kept secret. Furthermore, you included Pelly in the Players list, when you didn't include any other NPC in the list either. It raises a red flag, doesn't it? I think the least you could have done was added a mod note saying that it's not possible to vote for Pelly (Especially with Amy's first vote for Pelly) instead of ignoring it and leaving me to trip over myself. Your act of staying out of it only made it a more plausible idea! Am I saying this was a huge mistake on my part? YES! I've said it a billion times already, yet this is the only thing you can remember me for? Out of my play from the whole game, including the idiotic defense of Hinck, this is my legacy?!? One post out of 44 posts I made for this game? I put a lot of my time into this game and it feels like all you can offer as feedback is insults...

I don't think this game was perfect. Pretty far from it, actually. I feel it was heavily unbalanced and you expected Town to know things in a scenario that was new to us, so it shouldn't be surprising that some of us got messed up by the mechanics. This is a great idea that I never knew about before, and so it was fun to play with it. I enjoyed it greatly, but there definitely needs to be some work done in the future to make this a more balanced and fair game :classic:

This is just a game, so I'm not kicking myself for the mistakes I made (well, not kicking hard, that is), it's just a part of it, which makes it fun. Also, I look forward to play in your future games where I actually have a face :tongue: .

the INNOCENT! pill

All it was was that you had to say "I'm Innocent" in every post you made on the next game day after you took the pill, or incur a penalty.

pill Poby love Sassy for a day, when he's supposed to love Koilette (even though it was Peanuts who struck me with that arrow! :hmpf_bad::tongue: ).

Oh, you just couldn't handle this hot stuff, baby :pir_kiss::tongue:

I'm sorry about that. Well, sort of. But it was mainly funny because you were one of the best roleplayers. I really love what you did with you and Koilette. I didn't realize I could have used the pill so that people I considered scum would eb careful not to get a penalty. I guess it must be really hard with the double talk pill. :look:

:blush: It's nice to receive so many positive comments about my roleplaying. Thanks guys! :classic:

If Koilette hadn't taken Poby back, I'm sure he'd find someone similar relatively soon. :tongue:

Sign in to follow this