CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

I like that one. Great designs, really cool train and very well presented.

I think presentation is what drives me the most crazy in looking through CuuSoo. So many people just use it as a "hey everybody look at my MOC!" Site, that there is no real presentation. There is no attempt to sell a project. Heck in most cases there is no project to actually sell. (Beyond the unspoken plea for a better LDD tutorial system.)

That's just awesome, guys! Oh, and by the way, here's some project of mine.

thumb640x360.jpg

Thanks to GlenBricker and FTL developers from Subset Games I had a very good community boost and now we are once again at the 1st place in the top-10 projects. Two weeks in row, how do you like it? And yes, we're almost at 3000 supporters.

Brett Waller is a modern day Lego-building genius. This is his 30th Anniversary Ghostbusters set on CuuSoo -- if you don't vote for it, you're a Communist!

I've seen these minifigs in the plastic, they are so cool. He didn't have Ecto-1 done at that time, but having them 'busting' slimer on my city layout brought many laughs from those who recognised them (which was a lot of people). Now I just have to convince him to make me a set. I'd buy an official Lego version in a heartbeat.

It's easy to impress when you create your own custom minifigure parts to enhance your project.

Well yes. CuuSoo is not simply a MOC showplace. It as a true real professional pitch of your project. Presentation counts. And before the Nintendnuts start waving their angry little fists of Zelda fueled indignation, take a closer look at the new BttF train figs. They look great and help sell the idea. Yet those custom parts are ultimately completely superfluous to an actual production project. Those 4 figs can easily be made to an acceptable and presentable level using parts found in the new Lone Ranger sets mixed with some creative printing. Achieving the look of the BttF Minifigs is a problem that has multiple solutions. The problem with Zelda is not simply that the project proposal featured a new mold, but that neither the project creator nor the Lego design team could find an alternate solution that did not require a new mold, that would still achieve the required look. This is why CuuSoo does not disallow projects that ask for or propose new minifig elements. But any that actually require the new elements will probably fail review.

CuuSoo just officially posted the qualifiers for the Spring Review.

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/check-out-the-lego-cuusoo-spring-review-quali

Sadly no word yet on Fall or Winter results.

Kind of an interesting mix this go round. Right now my money is leaning towards the massive Technics Land Rover. I think Lego CuuSoo would love to give some true attention to the more in house specialty branches. Not simply common pop culture licenses.

I admire that model so deeply. I would abandon all support of other Cuusoo projects to make this one go into production.

It looks fantastic. I doubt they would make a set based off the HQ, at least in that size, but still fantastic.

Has anyone heard about why Lego has shelved the Green Day project ? :cry_sad:

Just speculating, but given that it more then doubled its numbers in a matter of days, they may have noticed something irregular in the voting? or is there anything in their songs or lyrics that TLG might feel is a bit too adult?

Just speculating, but given that it more then doubled its numbers in a matter of days, they may have noticed something irregular in the voting? or is there anything in their songs or lyrics that TLG might feel is a bit too adult?

In 2011, Wolverine told Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr "Go F@!& yourselves" and a year later Wolverine was immortalized into a minifigure and got his own set...

More than likely the user that created the Green Day project must have deleted it because Cuusoo usually just archives projects that are found to not be part of their guidelines... Maybe Green Day contacted him and didn't want to be part of it..?

I was supporter #60 on that Green Day project...

Green Day is well-known for, ahem, adult lyrics and themes in their music. And we're talking well beyond Simpsons-level stuff - rampant drug use, explicit sexual references, revenge mass-murder (The opening lines of "Having A Blast" from Dookie are: I'm taking all you down with me/explosives duct-taped to my spine/nothing's going to change my mind). Heck, even the band's name is a reference to getting stoned.

Don't get me wrong, I listened to Green Day when I was a KFOL (they started in a suburb of San Francisco, basically next door to my hometown)... but I'm pretty sure it's not a band TLG would do a tie-up with.

Edited by polarscribe

Lol, guys, Green Day are punk rockers! There's no surprise that they have adult content in their lyrics. Punks all about it (and that doesn't mean that I dislike Green Day or any other punk band). So if Lego got rid of this project, it's all for good.

Making references to a generic punk rocker with nothing more offbeat than a weird hairstyle and a skull T-shirt is significantly different than making a set of a specific and well-known punk band whose first No. 1 hit single is about spending a day smoking marijuana and masturbating.

http://en.wikipedia..../Longview_(song)

Green Day is great music, but if LEGO rejected something as innocuous as Firefly, they're not gonna do Green Day.

Edited by polarscribe

Personally I hope that the Exo-Suit wins the review as it would be good to see something that isn't a license. That or the Technic Land Rover (I dont think LEGO have ever done a pickup truck in Technic before and certainly not one as a "flagship" sized set)

Making references to a generic punk rocker with nothing more offbeat than a weird hairstyle and a skull T-shirt is significantly different than making a set of a specific and well-known punk band whose first No. 1 hit single is about spending a day smoking marijuana and masturbating.

http://en.wikipedia..../Longview_(song)

Green Day is great music, but if LEGO rejected something as innocuous as Firefly, they're not gonna do Green Day.

Not to mention the people who would think this is TLG supporting the political views of the band.

I only wanted to see this project happen so I could make jokes about how they just ripped off the molds from Dillinger Four and Jawbreaker minifigs.

The "League of Legends" project has gained a ton of support today? *huh* Does anybody know what happened? Was it show on some website or TV show?

The "League of Legends" project has gained a ton of support today? *huh* Does anybody know what happened? Was it show on some website or TV show?

Reddit happened: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1bzg8n/hello_rleagueoflegends_i_am_an_designer_for_lego/

I have a feeling it's going to be a while before we see another unlicensed project get to 10k.

The mini shop series is less than 200 away from 10,000. It shouldn't be more than a day or two now.