CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

Well,this Zelda project is much better than the other one.This is what cuusoo needs and not these man bat's lab"It has batman,man bat and a small lab while it contains 50 pieces".Here's another nice one:space marines.It could be the new in house space theme.And they already have the mold for the marines.

Well,this Zelda project is much better than the other one.This is what cuusoo needs and not these man bat's lab"It has batman,man bat and a small lab while it contains 50 pieces".Here's another nice one:space marines.It could be the new in house space theme.And they already have the mold for the marines.

The Space Marines and other Zelda project have gotten a lot of support here already, but thanks anyways for putting your input. :classic:

I completely agree with you- that Manbat project has most of its supports since BrickQueen has advertised it on YouTube several times. I really don't want to waste one whole Cuusoo quarterly set spot for that project. :hmpf:

My own theory is that one company or other are dragging their feet over licensing issues. In a perfect world we'd have had word of the picks by now. Someone's stalling, and that's stopping Lego from even telling us what's going to happen.

My own theory is that one company or other are dragging their feet over licensing issues. In a perfect world we'd have had word of the picks by now. Someone's stalling, and that's stopping Lego from even telling us what's going to happen.

That's a possibility. While you could make the argument that the Western Town shouldn't have the licensing issue, I don't think TLG would approve it without giving the other sets a chance merely because they're licensed.

It's not so much being refused the licence, but the other company not having confirmed one way or another yet.

That's a possibility. While you could make the argument that the Western Town shouldn't have the licensing issue, I don't think TLG would approve it without giving the other sets a chance merely because they're licensed.

Approval of one set has nothing to do with the others. It isn't that they only approve one per quarter, it's that the production rate is one per quarter, so any that are approved will queue up. One has no bearing on the others. And even the order of production is wholly at the discretion of TLG.

Say they were to approve the Western Town and the Zelda project from this review. They could turn around and approve the Curiosity project from the next, bump it to the head of the line because it is easy to produce and topical, tuck Zelda in second to maximize the next game release or match a Nintendo requirement, and put the WT third because it is the most complex to make.

My personal suspicion on the unlicensed Western Town project? TLG probably wants 30 days of sales data from the Haunted House to help gauge the AFOL Market for the Western Town, and to estimate how big they can go with the set and how expensive.

I'm not saying that any of this is what will happen. Only trying to illustrate that they are not at this point competing head to head, quarter to quarter. Rather once they hit 10k they are each reviewed individually. If they pass all stages of that review they will be slotted into the one a quarter production schedule based on needs and production efficiencies. The order of production list has little to do with the review calendar, beyond sets that pass review get scheduled somewhere.

As far as licensing. It's not that companies are dragging their feet. IP licensing is a big huge deal. It takes months in most cases. We got spoiled by Minecraft. We forget the IP holder in that case was 1 guy. Notch. He was free to say yes or no at will. He had no pre existing deals, or regional issues nor a team of lawyers to deal with all of this. Nintendo will take months to evaluate it all. Universal probably the same. CCP is probably small enough to only take a few weeks. And NASA will be a fairly quick turn around as they already have existing agreements there. The rover may be easy to add to them or already be covered under them.

Edited by Faefrost

Which would mean that LEGO approached at least one of the licenses with the idea - which in turn means that not all of the licenses were rejected right away! :thumbup: I'd love any of these CUUSOO projects as a set...I can't wait to see which one(s) makes it.

This might be news and it might be nothing, but the Cuusoo site is going to be down for server maintenance from 6:00 to 7:00 GMT on the 13th. I can't help but wonder if there will be an announcement when it comes back up.

What makes you say that?

I was thinking the same given that the project is also listed on his own official site :sceptic:

What makes you say that?

The CuuSoo admins said it. They had a message posted about it over the weekend, warning people to expect changes in the vote totals. They said outright that they were aware account manipulation was going on. The vote total for the project was reduced by around 500 and the admin messages disappeared. They did not say if the bogus voting was just limited to that project or had spread to others. They flagged on it because of the sudden and unexpected surge in the weekly vote totals.

What makes you say that?

I didn't understand the post either, until I read this (and the following posts). That clears things up a bit.

I didn't understand the post either, until I read this (and the following posts). That clears things up a bit.

I understand now, the way the comment above came across was the actually project was by someone fake.

I would like to bring your attention to this project that I found on CUUSO :classic:

Link to TechnicBRICKs post; Link to MOCpages

Personally I think it is set that is worth supporting. :classic:

I would like to bring your attention to this project that I found on CUUSO :classic:

Link to TechnicBRICKs post; Link to MOCpages

Personally I think it is set that is worth supporting. :classic:

I doubt it'll get enough. It's very... London Specific. Fewer outside of GB will care.

I doubt it'll get enough. It's very... London Specific. Fewer outside of GB will care.

I am in the UK and it's not something that really appeals to me. Would love a Red double decker bus as a City set though.

I think you're underestimating the sheer power of London iconography. The bearskin guards, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, black cabs, red double decker buses. It's as well known as yellow taxis and the Statue of Liberty for New York. There's definately a market for sets like these, don't doubt that.

No, my problem is that it's just not big enough. I get that it was built around the electronics (which are very artfully squished in there), but still, I lose interest pretty quickly if I can't get a minifig in there. A London bus that can't take passengers isn't a London bus to me.

The announcement must be getting close. On August 21st they said "an official announcement will occur in a matter of weeks, not months".

I want to show this project :classic: :classic:

This is the first civilian set for Star Wars I've never seen, therefore I think it is a project worth to be supported :classic: :classic:

thumb640x360.jpg

I'd like to plug my project. I still like my Pumpkin Factory better than Apple Square. However, while the former failed, the latter could ride a wave over the next 5 weeks... or die just as miserably. Either way, I won't be collecting a cent. If this doesn't work, then I think none of my MOCs--nor any of my future ideas--would, and I'll safely write off Cuusoo altogether.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

'd like to plug my project. I still like my Pumpkin Factory better than Apple Square. However, while the former failed, the latter could ride a wave over the next 5 weeks... or die just as miserably. Either way, I won't be collecting a cent. If this doesn't work, then I think none of my MOCs--nor any of my future ideas--would, and I'll safely write off Cuusoo altogether.

I know 10k can seem like an impossible goal, but this is more than "just another modular building" in both its design and its intent. I applaud both your efforts and your goals. Good luck.

... And for what it's worth, you're now one vote closer to 10,000 :classic: