CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

I also had an age problem, they fixed it for me, I think there were more than one age bugs :)

Hi Taaron!

I think you´ve entered your age incorrectly. That issue is adressed by TLG so read the below information and contact them!

That seems to be a common suggestion. Haven't a clue how I could mess up on my own DOB, but oh well. Will find out if I can ever get back into my account.

I also had an age problem, they fixed it for me, I think there were more than one age bugs :)

How'd they fix it?

I emailed the Lego Support (at) cuusoo.com, they said they were going to take my word for it, and reinstate my account; but, when I try to log in, I still get a "Incorrect username or password" (even after changing the password with 'I forgot my password', and tempting to log back in both with email and username.)

Only issue I can think of that's really messing things up now, I seem to recall using my Twitter account with Lego Cuusoo, but I notice there's no longer a way to log into Lego Cuusoo with Twitter. I guess I'll email them about that.

Thanks for the support and info! :D

Edit: Went to reply to the email asking about Twitter, and realized I had been reading the email incorrectly. Thought they were going to reinstate the account, then I log in and update the DOB. They wanted me to respond to the email with my DOB. Just did, so hopefully fixed? :laugh:

Edited by Taaron

Oh it's a pain that under 18s can't do projects now, I'll have to see if I can get someone else to upload mine. Luckily though I'm not really interested in the monetary aspect of the service.

Oh it's a pain that under 18s can't do projects now, I'll have to see if I can get someone else to upload mine. Luckily though I'm not really interested in the monetary aspect of the service.

Like it really is a problem...

Enter DoB.. just add 10 years....

Sheesh, these kind of things are so mindblowingly useless over the internet.

Edited by BasOne

For anyone else having an age problem. Just send them a nice short email and they will work to restore it. I had one too. Mine is restored now.

I'm quite pleased with this. It seems like Cuusoo will be cleaning up its act, and if it keeps up the good work, I may consider posting a few things on it.

Well hopefully the added age restrictions will cut down on the really bad project entries (which I think are mostly posted by young kids) at least a little bit.

Like it really is a problem...

Enter DoB.. just add 10 years....

Sheesh, these kind of things are so mindblowingly useless over the internet.

I agree. Most kids are probably used to adding a few years to their age anyway, I doubt 13/18+ restrictions have stopped more than a few percent of kids from joining websites. COPPA kinda failed in that way.

so this voids the Minecraft project right?

everyone has to start over?

I doubt it. Even if a significant number of votes are lost, LEGO probably realizes it's a good idea. Last I heard LEGO was negotiating with the makers of Minecraft to make it anyway, so they probably won't abandon that.

Edited by brickmack

Forget about Minecraft, head over and vote for the idea below: :grin:

arrow_down.png

Just did.

Brilliant concept though it won't replace the usefulness of the red 9V motor. :thumbup:

well this Lego Cuusoo thing was new to me, honestly. last year, when we went to talk to Lego reps at the event in Windsor, we did discuss new ideas and projects, but Cuusoo is several steps ahead of that... i just hope it won't be a "new Brickshelf" with lots and lots of mocs that simply won't even reach 10 votes. Hope Lego can at least monitor the quality of the presented models in some way.

well this Lego Cuusoo thing was new to me, honestly. last year, when we went to talk to Lego reps at the event in Windsor, we did discuss new ideas and projects, but Cuusoo is several steps ahead of that... i just hope it won't be a "new Brickshelf" with lots and lots of mocs that simply won't even reach 10 votes. Hope Lego can at least monitor the quality of the presented models in some way.

I'm hopeful with the new changes they're making and ones that they've said they'll do, the quality of the projects will improve. They have talked about doing more moderation to reduce the number of projects that don't fall into the guidelines and making projects go through review before they allowed to be posted. It'll take time, but CUUSOO is in beta so it's not supposed to be a finished service.

But there are a lot of good quality creations on CUUSOO. Some are hard to find, but as people talk about them, they're getting more votes and rising up the ladder.

Oh, well I guess I can't post Projects anymore.

Do you realize that Eurobricks also has an 18+ age restriction? Granted, members younger than 18 get a little leeway if they're a mature and constructive part of the community, but revealing that you don't meet the site's age limit isn't something I'd recommend in your first five posts.

Anyway, the reason for the age limit on posting projects is made very clear in a blog post this month, which explains that the limit is primarily for legal reasons: TLG cannot enter into a legal agreement with the creator of a project that reaches the consideration threshold if it turns out that the creator is not legally an adult. More details on the causes and ramifications of the change here.

So the Hayabusa is going to be for the Japanese market only. Is there some way for non Japanese people to get their hands on it other than ebay? Are there any good online stores to import Lego sets from? I'm used to only dealing with local US stores and Lego.com when it comes to buying Lego, but I am familiar with importing action figures from shops that specialize in that sort of thing. Just never saw any Lego stuff before.

So the Hayabusa is going to be for the Japanese market only. Is there some way for non Japanese people to get their hands on it other than ebay? Are there any good online stores to import Lego sets from? I'm used to only dealing with local US stores and Lego.com when it comes to buying Lego, but I am familiar with importing action figures from shops that specialize in that sort of thing. Just never saw any Lego stuff before.

It sucks that it'll only be in the Japanese market, but the two sets are going to be limited runs.

Anyway, I assume someone will start selling it on Bricklink.com eventually, but I expect it'll be pretty expensive...

added a vote for this (Think it'd really be in demand, but quite some way to go before it gets the required 1k votes):

A project needs 10 000 votes, not 1000. :hmpf_bad:

I'm working on a MOC, will post it on the site once I'm ready with it.

In case anyone is interested, I just did a blog on CUUSOO, introducing it and highlight a few of my favorite popular projects. I should have another blog posted soon going over navigating CUUSOO and highlighting some more favorite projects, but these ones are not very well known.

It really hurts me when sites think Facebook is a good excuse for an openid replacement. It is specially bad to see that TLG fell for it. Guess I'll have to sign up through the old (fill all fields) method...

We already know. There is a thread in the General Discussion forum.

Sorry to all that like minecraft but I don`t understand the buff of this thing and Lego minecraft, even less.

But this is my opinion and everybody else is allowed to have an other stand. :classic: