CopMike

LEGO® CUUSOO 空想 - Turn your model wishes into reality

I think this whole thing is pretty awesome. I saw the Shinkai sub a while ago but had no idea how it came to be. Finally there is a legitimate platform for all those people who go around saying "give us new Forestmen sets! Bring back Classic Space!" Just design a set or nominate an old favorite, put it on Cuusoo, and see if the votes come in.

I'm doubtful about the chances that any of the Star Wars and other licensed theme sets will be produced, though. Small production runs equal small profits, and licensing would probably eat away too much of the leftovers for it to be worth TLG's time and effort.

I like this idea, I voted for the Sydney Opera House architecture set. In fact any LEGO set of an Aussie landmark would be amazing to see and would be something I would buy.

What I would like to see on the site is a list of, say, the 10 projects with the most supporters at any given time. That way I can see if any of them are worth supporting and if so, add my support to help them get further.

Back a few months after the Shinkai 6500 sub came out, I went on the Japanese version of the site. I think that only 1000 votes were needed then. Did they up the number, or am I imagining things?

Edited by Sid Sidious

I think this a great idea. I wonder how successful it will be - it will depend on if it catches on.

As to searchability, people need to add tags to their projects. I added every tag I thought was relevant to my project, so it could be found.

I love the idea and left my votes on the first 3 modulair buildings and the UCS 10179 because i missed out on all these excellent sets.

This is a great idea! :thumbup:

Like others, I am slightly annoyed with all of the 'Bring Back ______!!!!' wishes. Stop living in the past, it's not going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

But I am definitely looking forward to seeing what this develops into, we could get some great sets in the future. :excited:

Like others, I am slightly annoyed with all of the 'Bring Back ______!!!!' wishes. Stop living in the past, it's not going to happen. :hmpf_bad:

But I am definitely looking forward to seeing what this develops into, we could get some great sets in the future. :excited:

Well my problem with all the "Bring Back" ideas in Cuusoo isn't that it's unlikely to happen. Maybe with some of the ambitious things like "Bring Back BIONICLE", it wouldn't be feasible, but remember that the designers are still able to adapt any ideas that get enough support. So presumably they could at least put out a re-imagined monorail, for instance. The only thing Cuusoo serves to do is tell them that there's fan interest in a set along those lines.

My problem with this sort of idea is that it sort of reflects badly on the LEGO Community, IMO. Cuusoo, like LEGO in general, is about creativity, and telling TLG that you want something they've already done doesn't strike me as all that creative. Note that I haven't spent all that much time on Cuusoo so haven't had time to view all the non-remake suggestions, but the ones people seem to be advertising in this topic are almost all for remakes, and not for new ideas TLG hasn't touched upon.

On a side note, perhaps one reason we're not seeing as many original ideas being promoted here is because people aren't confident in their ability to become successful. I have an idea for modular road plates using 8x16 tiles that I wish TLG would use, but I haven't suggested it through Cuusoo-- partly because, if we are to judge by the successful suggestions on the Japanese site, the Cuusoo model isn't as much about accessories and building supplies as it is about creative models that TLG hasn't even thought about. Besides, I know road plates can be a controversial issue and I doubt everyone would see the benefits of my road plate idea the way I do.

I hadn't thought of it that way, Aanchir, but it's very true. :classic:

Another thing that annoys me is all of the licensed ideas. There seems to be a lot of DeLoreans and Anime characters. I don't think Lego would be able to do those. :sceptic:

On the other hand, I've been looking around the site, and there are some pretty good creations, I wonder how long it will be until one reaches 10,000.

Maybe we could start new Cuusoo topics in the theme-specific subforums so people could advertise their own suggestions or others they have found? I for one would like to support any interesting Castle-related things, but I don't think I will have interest to waddle through the official Cuusoo pages very often, and the search function isn't that good either (at least if everybody doesn't use good key words). At the moment the most interesting suggestion I have found is a trebuchet, which could become a great set and something a bit different from the usual Lego catapults.

If this model is available in LEGO CUUSOO, how many supporter will it have?

Edited by weelean

The site has a great potential to allow others to vote on the work based upon its merits, but I suspect it will all too easily fall into the category of who can gather enough votes through friends, in order to keep high on the rankings... and then garner more points. Somehow the number of votes should be invisible... or models displayed at random to the visitors.

That said, I put my 'fire & rescue train' up there; not sure it will get much but sometimes it is nice to have feedback from non 'train people'.

Any thoughts on how to turn a large/elaborate MOC into something more marketable? (I imagine there are plenty of unique ideas here that people could submit if refined.)

I put up one for having all of the instructions on an app for the iPad. I think this would make things really easy for building some of your older models and new ones since its touch screen.LEGO iPad app Added another one. Lego mosaic creator app

Edited by mobricki

Oh golly, a new fad. Clique voting. This is as sad as *insert country name*'s got talent. I suppose this also means forums clogged with 'vote for me' threads.

I'm all for Lego finding a way to replace the Legends line but this is just *very rude phrase*. :thumbdown:

I've just posted my modular buildings on CUUSO

6225217173_871372bd9e_z.jpg

if you like my italian style modular street, please support me. i'll be very happy if many people can play with a creation of mine.

CUUSO

both buildings have been published on eurobricks

Palazzo Farnese

Palazzo Spada

Edited by mautara

Ok I would like to see the old modulars come back but I'm getting sick of all the other bring back this and bring back that support threads. Bionicle ran out so forget it, it's not coming back maybe you'll get an occasional nostalgic release but that's it. Another thing that is annoying is these people with unrealistic expectations advertising that your idea has over 9000 pieces pretty much means that nobody but a select few will ever be able to buy this off of the shelf at a Walmart or Toy'R'Us. Oh and do you really think parents are going to get those for their kids? LEGO is looking for new and revolutionary ideas IMHO.

I can understand your opinion. Lego stands for innovation and creativity. But I think it is a chance to see if there is a strong base in the community to bring back some classic (and in my opinion some really nice) sets of the past. We're not living in the past only because we love some "Oldies". You won't lose anything to test it. And LEGO is only interested in selling sets and making money.

And in my opinion CUUSOO offers some other options. For example bringing some additions for existing sets like an additional wagon for the Emerald Night or the Maersk Train.

Greetings,

Knicky

This website is a good idea if it really leads to real sets. I voted for a UCS Cloud City and for a huge Modular Hogwarts Castle. Are we limited in the number of the votes we post there ?

I can understand your opinion. Lego stands for innovation and creativity. But I think it is a chance to see if there is a strong base in the community to bring back some classic (and in my opinion some really nice) sets of the past. We're not living in the past only because we love some "Oldies". You won't lose anything to test it. And LEGO is only interested in selling sets and making money.

And in my opinion CUUSOO offers some other options. For example bringing some additions for existing sets like an additional wagon for the Emerald Night or the Maersk Train.

Greetings,

Knicky

Believe me, I would love another Lego Legends-type line. And I would also be interested in seeing how Lego would actually do it, if it had enough supporters. :classic:

But, I was more talking about people asking for Lego to bring back whole Themes. I really don't think that could happen, and even if Lego did 'Bring Back Agents!' then it would be a totally new theme, not a continuation/re-release of the original one.

Sorry that I didn't make it very clear, and I do hope we see some classic sets returning in the near future. :wink:

The fan sites should band together and vote, privately, on which sets they would most like brought back, and then make a concerted effort via CUUSOO to do so. At the current rate there'll be 10,000 wishes for old stuff all with a handful of votes each. And it would be very dangerous for Lego as a company to make it too easy for deleted items to be remade. Remember, 10000 votes and they'll consider it. It's not a promise.

I personally think the website is spammed to high hell with useless 'bring back Paradisa' type crap. But hopefully that will die down over time and we'll start to see some genuinely good fresh ideas. It would also be nice to see more high-end MOCs turned into production sets.

The fan sites should band together and vote, privately, on which sets they would most like brought back, and then make a concerted effort via CUUSOO to do so. At the current rate there'll be 10,000 wishes for old stuff all with a handful of votes each. And it would be very dangerous for Lego as a company to make it too easy for deleted items to be remade. Remember, 10000 votes and they'll consider it. It's not a promise.

I personally think the website is spammed to high hell with useless 'bring back Paradisa' type crap. But hopefully that will die down over time and we'll start to see some genuinely good fresh ideas. It would also be nice to see more high-end MOCs turned into production sets.

Well as far as I've noticed we are embarrassing ourselves. The only fresh ideas that seem to be popular on LEGO Cuusoo are the piano and De Lorean suggestions everything else just seems to be bring back this and bring back that. There are entire threads about stuff like Zoo animals. Why are we not supporting this more? What about new stuff? New themes or stuff for NXT? What about the people who want new colored pieces? Why aren't we posting and supporting this stuff? Monorail? We have an entire discussion about bringing it back yet very few seem to be supporting it where it really matters.

Edited by mobricki

Why aren't we posting and supporting this stuff? Monorail? We have an entire discussion about bringing it back yet very few seem to be supporting it where it really matters.

Probably because there's less of us who want these things than we'd like to think. Definitely not 10,000. Sure, it might get the votes, but if Lego said, 'you have to put down the $$$ first, and if we get to 10,000 we'll make it' then the number of bites would be much less I would think.

Personally I have zero interest in a monorail rerelease and would much rather support something fresh and innovative.

So just to clarify, if sometime receives 10,000 votes and LEGO decides to release it, it will ONLY come out in Japan?

If so, why would anybody outside of Japan bother with this?