Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

REVIEW: BrickWarriors customised weapons and accessories

Pick one favourite customised minifigure and tells us why?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which customised character do you like best?

• Assassin
    • Minotaur
    • Heavy-Armoured Trooper
    • Bandit
    • Mercenary
    • Sniper
    • Space Police

Hello everyone,

1a%7E0.jpg

It has been a great pleasure to be given such rare opportunity to share my thoughts and views on this very new Minifigures Customisation Manufacturer known as the, BrickWarriors. All thanks to the founder, Ryan (Eurobricks member: Thrash) for making this possible. Without further ado, let me share some of his main highlights and how I make use of his new customisation elements into my wide array of LEGO Minifigures collection. :wub:

The Medieval Assassin

2%7E28.jpg

Firstly, let me present my fearless medieval assassin that dealt with renegades that had betrayed their country. You can count on him to do his job. Apparently, no fear seems to work well for this armoured looking masked assassin when he is wielding the long scimitar and dagger in both hands and donning his mask and horned plate armour together.

Here is a closer look of the highlighted weapons, I find the scimitar pretty taunting and sturdy with the slight curve on the upper blade. In fact, it can be widely used in various types of solders' configurations. One of the nicer details of the dagger is the grip of the handle which can be seen clearly from the picture. As for the headgear and armour which you can see from here, these customised parts fit well in any standard LEGO minifigures. The horns on the shoulders are some nice little touch which made it more detailed than a regular looking armour.

The fierce Minotaur

5%7E28.jpg

Hold it right there! Now right at the front, there is a fierce looking Minotaur guarding the tomb. It also means we got to fight the way through. Oh well, we don't have much combat experience with such mythical legendary creatures, but all I knows that Minotaur is famous for their foul and nasty temper.

I am actually very pleased to see a customised design of the Minotaur. It is very good to see more new fantasy medieval elements being introduced. Oh well, please don't quote me, but I "think" we might have a similar concept coming in 2012 which will also be readily to be introduced in the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6. Too bad, I don't have much resources to make a steady comparison yet.

The facial features are very distinct and you won't have a hard time to identify a Minotaur from far. Do note that the udder horns are official LEGO parts elements that are incorporated at the side of the headpiece. Not sure how many of you out there have tried playing with the Minotaur's headpiece, personally I find it hard to push it in slightly and pulling it out at times. It would be the results of the tight grip within the headpiece, so you won't see the headpiece dropping at times. This is an image of the headpiece without attaching it to the minifigure.

As for the long double axe, it is definitely fitting. It looks heavy and appears to require great strength to wield it. The blades of the axe are some of the nicer details in this design. You can take a better look of the side of the axe.

The brave Heavy-Armoured Trooper

7%7E23.jpg

This resistance trooper is marching his way to the success of the revolution. With supreme well protected equipment and heavy offensive weapons arsenal by his side, victory is just moments away.

I must admit that I grouped these four customised elements together and I can see it was meant to complement one another. Both the assault and battle rifle are packed with tons of details. As a matter of fact, I can't believe there are so much design features that is shown in these two weapons. So, which do you prefer? You can view these weapons in greater clarity. For myself, this is my favourite, mainly because of the attached bayonet.

The protective equipment has thick armour on their front based on the above image and the back of it too. This is an image of the resistance trooper with helmet off. Personally, I am quite fond of their armour equipment and it makes good apocalyptic era in these typical warfare.

The wanted Bandit

11%7E19.jpg

Anyone seen this wanted Bandit? He is armed and he is dangerous. Please inform the sheriff and avoid confronting him on your own. There is a high likelihood that you will get hurt or more.

With the main customised elements laid on the floor, you will get a different sort of colour variation on the sombrero and adds some variety into it, other than the ones which is seen in the Mexican which is from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2. Furthermore, if you are a knife collector, then this Bowie knife will also make a fine addition into the Wild West era.

The money-minded Mercenary

13%7E13.jpg

Even though, no one really used much of this rifle since it is almost near extinction. Well, this mercenary finds it useful to shoot down its target like a buffalo and it does comes with long range.

This buffalo rifle is mainly used by professional buffalo hunters and the long scope serves to shoot for capturing targets in its perimeter. I will probably used it to hang in some museum instead of using to snipe the enemies.

The calm Sniper

16%7E13.jpg

He is ready. At least he looks prepared with his meanie gadget and expression. He does have lots of confidence with that smirking looks of his. I am sure he will sit high on some tall buildings and hold his whiskey to wait for his target passing by.

I believe the suppressed sniper rifle is probably a generic version. I don't think it associates it with any particular model, but I might be mistaken about it. At least, I would identify the different parts of the weapon such as the butt, scope, chamber, etc. Not too bad for such a generic looking rifle.

The futuristic Space Police

18deeplink_copy.jpg

When Space Criminals run loose, the Space Police enforcement will comes in and take them down. But without proper weapons, they are unable to deal the threat effectively. So, with this proton-charged pistol, the Space Police officer will be able to deal with them effectively. Well, I will think this is a decent looking pistol to equip your space futuristic characters. Judging by the compact looking design, I do think and will like to think that it is potentially lethal. Don't mess around with it.

Let's stand still and pose for a photo shot!

19%7E7.jpg

In general, I am very satisfied with the quality of BrickWarriors customisation products. They are certainly made up of excellent ABS plastic material that forms the detailed shape of these unique special customised designs right from the weapons down to the apparels. Every bit of it demonstrates the dedication and commitment of a good manufacturer like we see in the minifigure customisation industry. Likewise, prices for the parts are fair and justifiable. It might varies against from regions and resellers, but I am sure the pricing policy will still be maintained. My only wish is to see more countries being listed into their shipping list, so more global collectors will have a chance to get them. For those who are still hesitating of getting it, you should probably pick a few preferred pieces of your choice and feel it for yourself before deciding to get more. :wink:

I have also included a poll. So, go ahead and choose your favourite customised characters and tell me why you like it in your reply. :blush:

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and Brickshelf folder (when moderated).

This is another very nice review of custom items from you WhiteFang. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

I'm really impressed by the quality and variety of designs this first wave from BrickWarriors has shown us. Great job, people!

Thanks for the review, Whitefang!

That was a great idea to put a poll. It'll be interesting to see which character everyone likes best. I chose the Assassin...I've always liked fantasy minifigs the best!

Stunning review! These pieces are drop-dead awesome! Especially the scimitar. :wub: I need to place an order for these soon. Thank you WhiteFang for the review and Thrash for the product. Excellent work from you both.

This is another very nice review of custom items from you WhiteFang. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

I'm really impressed by the quality and variety of designs this first wave from BrickWarriors has shown us. Great job, people!

Thank you LuxorV. Glad to help to share my thoughts with this very new products.

Thanks for the review, Whitefang!

That was a great idea to put a poll. It'll be interesting to see which character everyone likes best. I chose the Assassin...I've always liked fantasy minifigs the best!

Yea! I find that, by placing a poll will make it interesting to find out what are their interest. For myself, it was definitely the Assassin. Medieval stuff works well for me.

Stunning review! These pieces are drop-dead awesome! Especially the scimitar. :wub: I need to place an order for these soon. Thank you WhiteFang for the review and Thrash for the product. Excellent work from you both.

Thanks K-nut. I am glad you had enjoyed it. The scimitar was my favourite weapon among the lot and I am impressed with the quality too.

Fantastic overview. Thrash has really overdone himself. These pieces are awesome. My favourite is definitely the Assassin :thumbup: