Sign in to follow this  
Laura Beinbrech

...Inigo Montoya, er, Hikaro Takayama XD

Hello, I go by the moniker of Hikaro Takayama, wherever I happen to be on the Aethernet, so if you've run across another Hikaro Takayama somewhere, it most likely was me.

Even though I'm new to Eurobricks, I've been bricking off and on since 1988, and my oldest MOC dates back to 1989 (although it's had damaged bricks replaces and various modifications made over the years).

Anyways, a bit about myself: I live in Southern Pennsylvania in the USA (I'm just a crazy Mennonite living in an Amish paradise), and I work for the US Army as an electronics mechanic.

Other LEGO-related forums I belong to are: Classic Castle, Brickforge, BrickArms, and the official LEGO forums.... Non-LEGO forums I belong to are Brass Goggles Steampunk Forum and Civilization Fanatics Center (There is actually one Civilization III mod that features a custom faction based around my LEGO stuff, though :D).

In addition to LEGO, I like messing around with electronics, and I'm reasonably good at metalworking (at least plenty good enough to make steampunk cases for my various electronic projects).

Anyways, I'll most likely be hanging out in the Train Tech and Science Fiction forums, since those are the two places that my various MOCs would best fit (although my LEGO setting would be better described as a Steam/Diesel-punk Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy setting, with plenty of references/shout-outs to other sci-fi/fantasy settings thrown in for good measure)... Basically it's based on the LEGO games my brother and I played when we were kids.... Sorta like a cross between LoTR, Fallout ad Warhammer 40K, but not nearly as bleak and pessimistic and with tongue firmly planted in cheek. ;)

So I hope to see you guys around.

Welcome to Eurobricks! So you are from Southern Pennsylvania? I'm guessing you are from Lancaster? I live near York. :thumbup: I like to play Civilization also. I have the fourth and fifth, not the third, but my friend has it and told me that it is the best one by far! :classic: Seems we have a lot in common, see you in the forums! :laugh:

Edited by Hiawatha

Welcome to Eurobricks! So you are from Southern Pennsylvania? I'm guessing you are from Lancaster? I live near York. :thumbup: I like to play Civilization also. I have the fourth and fifth, not the third, but my friend has it and told me that it is the best one by far! :classic: Seems we have a lot in common, see you in the forums! :laugh:

Actually, the other direction, I live near Chambersburg, and I agree that Civilization III is the best of the lot... Easy to customize and doesn't require a super-computer to run (my old Pentium IV runs it with little or no lag, except for the amazingly in-depth and complex Age of Imperialism scenario, but that even runs somewhat slow on my dual-core machine).

I noticed that you're in PennLUG.... How do you sign up and where does the group meet?

welcome and enjoy the boards! :classic:

I'm a Brass Goggles lurker... :tongue: I'm interested in seeing your Steam/Diesel-punk Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy-styled moc's.

Edited by -zenn

Actually, the other direction, I live near Chambersburg, and I agree that Civilization III is the best of the lot... Easy to customize and doesn't require a super-computer to run (my old Pentium IV runs it with little or no lag, except for the amazingly in-depth and complex Age of Imperialism scenario, but that even runs somewhat slow on my dual-core machine).

I noticed that you're in PennLUG.... How do you sign up and where does the group meet?

I'm am not in this group, but after you mentioned it I looked it up. I guess it is an organization for Lego fans in PA to meet and build together. I assume anybody from PA that likes Lego can sign up. :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks Hikaro Takayama, I hope that you have a good time on the site! :classic:

~buddy~