Legostein

Babylon 5: Earth Alliance Hyperion Heavy Cruiser

Hello everybody!

As already being revealed...

Hey, 'Legostein' going to post that Earth Alliance Hyperion Heavy Cruiser of yours I just discovered also on Brickshelf ?

... I am now in a tight spot. :wink:

Another important ship in the fleet of the Earth Alliance is the Hyperion-class Heavy Cruier (reference link). With over 1,000 meters in length it's a massive capital starship with a layout that reminds me a bit to a classical water-based naval warship with a large support attached to the back holding the engines. This rear support section also has additional horizontal braces which were a bit tricky to realise (click here to see more references). With 181 pieces it's one of the largest mini model in my collection. :classic:

hyperion-cruiser-1.jpg

hyperion-cruiser-2.jpg

hyperion-cruiser-4.jpg

hyperion-cruiser-5.jpg

hyperion-cruiser-6.jpg

That's it for now. Thank you for your interest and have a great week! :classic:

~ Christopher

Another one 'Legostein', just AWESOME battle cruiser !

You are the man for these micro-scale space craft, Brick On 'Legostein'.....how about one of these ?

532px-Moradi_Cruiser_01.jpg

Moradi Cruiser

Wow. I think this is even better than your Starfury, even though the Starfury is of course the more famous B5 icon. Wonderful work! Please tell me you're going to try to do a White Star or a Minbari cruiser. I think they might be tough to build, but they would be SO awesome.

Hello!

I am glad you like the ship. :classic:

If I should continue with the Babylon 5 series, I will most probably complete the Earth Alliance ships first. For example that great Omega Destroyers...

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is brilliant, great job on capturing the look of the Hyperion class. :sweet:

If I should continue with the Babylon 5 series, I will most probably complete the Earth Alliance ships first. For example that great Omega Destroyers...

How about Babylon 5 itself? That would truly be something to see. :grin:

Thank you! :classic:

You're right! That's a challenge. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Aw Christopher, it's so great you're building all these ships! I am quite a B5 fan, so every single one of your little treasures makes me smile. More! More! :laugh:

Thank you! :sweet:

I did not know that there were so many Babylon 5 fans here. :classic: I will do my best to provide more models, but it may take some time.

Cheers,

~ Chris

This is very good! :wub: I'm very impressed how you found a way to do the bracing around the engines. I just wish you used different parts; I don't have many of the old finger joints left... :cry_sad:

Yeah, I'd like that too. I bought the official one years ago...

DSC02521.jpg

...but one out of LEGO would be even better! :sweet:

Another brilliant build Legostein, keep them comming! I would love to see Babylon 5 in microscale form too.