alex54

My city story

do you mind if i ask where the vw bus came from?

The VW camper looks a little like the Rock Band bus which here are instructions for here - Link to pdf

Thanks everybody for the nice comments!

I'm glad that you like my street and glad also that you find that all those modulars, officials or not, go well together!

Oooh that's nice! Well done Alex, and congratulations on once again rebuilding your town!

I must admit though, I'm really gonna miss your inside corner house. Yeah, I know, I've already made my feelings known, but I just think that was a general concept with road and house positioning that worked really well. I admit I'd love to see you revisit it! Perhaps alter that sweet-looking new corner building project of yours a bit and have it as an inside corner house instead? :grin:

I have heared your message. I'm working on a 32 studs long modular building, but after that, I think that I will try to make an all new iner corner house. With this kind of building, there is just a few part of the building that it is visible, but it adds a nice way to compose a street.

I need to look around me for some inspirations. But it will be after my curent bulding work...

So, after a very long time, I post some new pics. Nothing really news, just some modifications on my old modular buildings. The idea of those modifications was to make them more productible, like official LEGO Modular Product.

So, in each modulars, I have made a more standard floor that can be duplicated to make the building taller.

The changes are minors, but it gave me some work!

My yellow town house :

mj01.jpg

mj01mod.jpg

My Pub :

mc01.jpg

mc01mod.jpg

My art nouveau building :

m01.jpg

m01mod.jpg

My favourites now split between the pub and the art nouvuex structure......excellent designing 'alex54'.....Brick On ! :grin:

It was not long ago, maybe a week or two, I actually took a look at your Art Nouveau building. Funny you make an update to it now. It is not often, you see an Art Nouveau building in LEGO.

I like your building. You really get the details well. I like the big windows made of the 'rolling' gate and the organic shaped details under the glass roof.

I've really enjoyed reading the evolution of your city - it's certainly gone from strength to strength over the years.

That Art Nouveau building is fantastic!

They all look great with the extra floor, but it has really made the yellow townhouse stand out (in a good way!).

Wow! That is all I have to say. I am amazed of how great you built everything! Keep up the amazing work! :wink::thumbup: Would you mind if I used your original way of building your buildings? Thanks! :classic:

After more than two years, it’s time to give some news about me, or more interesting I hope, my town!

I read this topic after a time not doing so, and I realize that I have started it 10 years ago, and I’m still working on my layout since I was a child, for more 25 years! I think that it will never end! I quite like this idea, maybe I’m crazy!

At today’s point, I have finalized some new modular buildings and can show you a general view of my street here.

Sorry not to post pics directly, I don’t have put them on BS or flickr, so the size doesn’t fit the rules of EB forum…

Only people who takes the time to read carefully will see them, maybe if they clic on the link.

Back on track!

Here some particular modular MOC that I have made from the past months :

- A townhouse that comes from the LEGO videogame minifigures, which I played with during its free time. With minors modifications, like a pub.

- An art deco version of the official Palace cinema modular.

- A more modern building with a gas station on the first floor. The picture doesn’t show the final version, it’s still in work, without all the good colours.

- A corner building, with a garage section down the street.

- Another corner building, with a touch of “art nouveau”. I quite like the color scheme used, I’m proud of this baby!

And after the buildings, I’m working on the street section. 2016 is year of street rendering for me!

I’m working on LEGO street baseplates and want a modular aspect, with section to put some streetlamps, flowers, trees, roadsigns, bus stop, in a modular way.

Here just a quick view of a tree and here of a bus stop.

I hope to share with you those street sections until 2018 the end of the year!

And sorry for my English, which goes increasingly bad, not practicing it a lot…

alex54 - I've been a fan of this project since before I joined this board. It's nice to see updates to your project. Your art deco version of the Palace Cinema is great - I love the blue panels on the walls and the rounded elements on the roof.

I look forward to the street and other developments.

alex54 - I've been a fan of this project since before I joined this board. It's nice to see updates to your project. Your art deco version of the Palace Cinema is great - I love the blue panels on the walls and the rounded elements on the roof.

I look forward to the street and other developments.

Thanks Jamesn!

I'm waiting for some pieces to finish my street section, and I'm now working on a bring new 16x32 modular town house in art nouveau style, once againe!

One new aspect of my latest creations, is that I don't limit my buiding with my bricks that I have in stock like before. Now that I have discovered Bricklink, (well I know it for long, but I decided to buy on only it few month ago... I know that I will never start doing this!) it's easyer to finalise some nice details with the right colours!

Realy great town and i love buildings and interriors :classic: hope for more pics to get more ideas for my town, and some life in town , cars and minifigs :laugh:

Beautiful classic images of houses managed to realize Lego. Great value for the size of the windows and their frame, interesting colors, especially bright yellow house.

Hi Alex54,

It's nice to see something from you again, because it are always great mocs to see.

One link with the corner building with garage section doesn't seem to work for me.

On 03/11/2016 at 10:31 PM, Wout said:

Hi Alex54,

It's nice to see something from you again, because it are always great mocs to see.

One link with the corner building with garage section doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks for your comment!

I have fixed the link.

I will try to take some nicer pictures form those MOC to present them.

Hello !

I’m back here to share with you some new pics of my city diorama.

With covid and the fact that we can’t have some guests at home, I decided to use the table of the dinning room as display for my city.

I can’t remembered the last time I took it out of boxes, with cars, furnitures and cityzens with urban life.

Even if my table is relatively big, it is not enought to put all my modulars on. So I have to make some choices, and decided to put all my creations first and official ones in a second time.

After that choice, I try to mixt them to have some nice arengement in therme of architecture and colours, making this mess pleasant to look at.

It was time tu put the roads and start to make it alive. And this was the first time that I put my new street furnitures down the street.

In fact, I have made a quick review of my street furnitures the past, but I have made a lot of modifications, making those details more frenchy (parisian).

Here a picture of those items :

20200418_102217.jpg

I put some cars, some cityzens, few urban animals, made some all-day life scenes everywhere...

So, few hours later, my city is readdy to go !

Unfortunatlfy, the pictures are not as good as I want, because of bad lightening (not big sunshine during winter here I lived…).

Here a general view to see the size :

50870013907_fb257dbcf0_c.jpg

And here some other views :

50869201743_1d96bca642_c.jpg

50869911211_01b1a6ed99_c.jpg

50870008942_9af45f07ca_c.jpg

50870008792_a58e33df06_c.jpg

And here the whole gallery for more ^^.

This is fab.  Really liking the mix of official Modulars, some extra floors, and your own builds.  Particularly like the palace cinema rework in the deco style.  That’s inspired, and so like a number of cinemas I’ve been to in the US.  I’m just starting a garage conversion to build my own town.  I can only hope its half as good as this.