alex54

My city story

Had a major overhaul of the city. I's still not 100% happy, so may do some more work with it this week.

My City

29.jpg

Thought I'd put Arkham on the 'crappy' elevated base to make it a bit more imposing.

Thought I'd put Arkham on the 'crappy' elevated base to make it a bit more imposing.

Doesn't look too bad. Good idea *y*

Had a major overhaul for my layout. Pics here when moderated.

This is map.

map.jpg

Hope to add the IR cargo train to it soon.

i beilive that arkham looks really good on an elevated base-plate!!

a lot more sceary and a great way to add it in your city!!

(now i want an arkham to put it up there!!)

Faaaar better then my city. I envy you.

(All mine is right now is many bricks, few in the right colors, nearly no window/Specialized/town/car bricks and mainly bricks that you would see in a 80's set ((2x2s, 2x4s, 1x2s, Etc...)) )

Ahh, the new Cargo Train Deluxe.... wonderful! *wub*

indexed.gif Layout, B-OM-9C to B-OM-9E

So it�s time for me to write a new chapter to my city story�

Finally, I didn�t do a 2007 layout. I didn�t have the time for that and I had a lot of project for my town�

With the Caf� Corner, all my vision of doing LEGO has changed! I hesitated between the modular building and the classic style. But my heart couldn�t decide. So I have try to mix them. I have kept the Technic connection between all my modules, and try to make some more detailed building, all in a more classic size, with an opened back to see what�s in the buildings.

Building Caf� Corner gives me a lot of building experience. I think that I have learned a lot about the different technique of constructions.

I hope that I will have the time to make a 2008 layout (I do!). But before, I want to share with you some pics of my modules:

Here my town hall:

citymoc2007_00.jpg

A building beside my smaller CC. The shop at the ground floor will probably be a bakery:

citymoc2007_11.jpg

Here a grocery and a florist:

citymoc2007_15.jpg

Here my library and a pub:

citymoc2007_20.jpg

Here two town houses. Maybe you will recognize something� The tan house is built in a �art nouveau� style, which we have in Nancy. Just not the chimney, looking like a flower�

citymoc2007_25.jpg

Here, my Bank Corner:

citymoc2007_29.jpg

citymoc2007_31.jpg

Here my latest project. I have in mind to modify the Cinema from Town Plan, to make it more personal, with proportions similar to my other modules. Just note that it�s the first version, don�t take in account the yellow parts (they are used just to not mix others bricks from the original set, until the design will be validated by myself!). But I want to keep its architecture, which is really great.

citymoc2007_33.jpg

And now, a bird view of what my down town will look like:

citymoc2007_l01.jpg

More pics here.

Now I have to work on the interiors. And after, I will do the suburb area, and after I need to work on some boats and cars, and after...

Could someone stop the time for me please? X-D

What can I say.... this is just striking brilliant! A wonderful layout in the style of the new but

already classic CC blended in with the all-time nice and proper old-Town flair with open back-

sides, in charming sizes and with well thought-out proportions.... *wub*

Not to mention all these very fine details (flower-chimney 8-

Those are some excellent looking buildings! Love the bank corner - it's got an interesting approach for it's roof which I will probably borrow if I get around to build again. Other than that, I can't single out a single building I like the most, they all look great. *y*

Thanks for your comments!

it's got an interesting approach for it's roof

The roof is the part that took me most of time for thi building. I wanted it not to be too straight on its "top corner". But I wanted it strong in its building too. It takes me some houres...

What can I say.... this is just striking brilliant! A wonderful layout in the style of the new but

already classic CC blended in with the all-time nice and proper old-Town flair with open back-

sides, in charming sizes and with well thought-out proportions.... *wub*

Not to mention all these very fine details (flower-chimney 8-

Those are just beautiful Alex! *wub* I'd like to wax lyrical about your building style, but Asuka beat me to it! ;-) All the buildings are awesome but my favourite is the Bank Corner. There are some truely innovative building techniques in that one (didn't I say you were a genius?). I also love your use of curved road plates to create a town "square" (or should that be circle) with a neat griffin statue in the middle.

I'm still wrestling in my own mind about which building style to go for, CC or classic town, and this beautiful hybrid has given me a whole lot more to think about. The classic open back style has one really big advantage; it uses far less bricks so you can build a lot more buildings with what you have! X-D

To have a nice color scheme for one building is not soo easy. But having several buildings, each one with its own color scheme is very hard!

Yeah, that

Hey Alex,

I just noticed these pictures from you. I was wondering what is alex up to these days. Amazing builds! I love the bank and the art nouveau style house. Do you mind if one day I steal you buckbeak statue?

I myself am also wresteling between classic and CC style. I think my houses are even smaller then yours!

I just noticed these pictures from you. I was wondering what is alex up to these days.

I don't have many time those days to make some LEGO, I've got other project than plastic bricks...

Do you mind if one day I steal you buckbeak statue?

If you don't break inti my home and steal my own statue, it's not a problem, you can build it too, I don't mind!

I will try to take some more pics soon...

I don't have many time those days to make some LEGO, I've got other project than plastic bricks...

If you don't break inti my home and steal my own statue, it's not a problem, you can build it too, I don't mind!

I will try to take some more pics soon...

I won't break in! promise! :blush:

In any case lovely creations Top work!