alex54

My city story

The inner corner house is my favourite here as well :]

Great MOCs, alex, they're most definitely inspiring to all fellow modular-town lovers. Btw, have you considered adding some green space in that beautiful town of yours? Parks and stuff? I think they'd look great alongside these buildings - you said yourself that green makes any city look better ;)

This is amazing! Your corner house looks a hundred times better. I also love the modern house.

Thanks!

The inner corner house is my favourite here as well :]
This is amazing! Your corner house looks a hundred times better. I also love the modern house.

Thanks! I had some very high difficulties to make a decent inner corner house. It takes me more than 2 years and so many tries...

Great MOCs, alex, they're most definitely inspiring to all fellow modular-town lovers. Btw, have you considered adding some green space in that beautiful town of yours? Parks and stuff? I think they'd look great alongside these buildings - you said yourself that green makes any city look better ;)

I must be carefull with what I say! :tongue:

I will add some green space, like trees and flowers in the street, and I need to make a small parc near the town hall.

I have plenty of work yet!

indexed.gif Layout

Hey !

After a long time since the last pics, I can share some few and new ones.

Now that I have finished my town houses (except from my town hall, I’m not happy with it…), I have worked on the street.

I have started to tile the street, but just started. I don’t have enough 2x2 and 2x1 dark grey tiles for all of my downtown layout area… Damned! My only hope is to find them one day in the PaB from Legoland deutchland. I’ve checked the price from the online PaB, But it’s really too expensive!

So after some pavements, I needed to use the external corner section of curved road plates to add some green. I wanted some nice trees here, not those round one (that you can find in the red sport car set 8402).

I have already seen some very beautiful brickbuilt trees (SirNadroj makes them very well!) But I don’t have all the pieces for that.

So, I made some attempts and realized that the plant leaves are in different geometric plans give some volumes and a more real look than just put them on top of each other, in parallel.

How to do this with my parts? And finally I came with that:

wip09b04.jpg

wip09b05.jpg

Well, they are not the best brickbuild trees, but not that bad considering the small amount of pieces that is used.

I also made some urban arrangement, especially with the chains.

I wanted 3 black chains but only have 3 dark grey: an old dark grey, the same in new dark grey, and the last version, one link shorter! Damned! So the 3 corners are different, and I don’t like that! I know that it is a minor detail, but it has a big importance for me!

Here some general top view of my downtown:

wip09b01.jpg

wip09b02.jpg

wip09b03.jpg

I have also worked on my interior houses.

You can see my post office here:

wip09b06.jpg

wip09b07.jpg

My Irish pub here:

wip09b08.jpg

wip09b09.jpg

And here the inside of my smaller CC:

wip09b10.jpg

On this last pic, you will not see anything… In fact, it’s really hard to see the interior of this cornered building in real, so taking it in picture is impossible… So, I don’t know if I will continue to make some detailed interiors. I think that I will just put one or two things to be visible form the windows, from the street, and that’s all.

So it’s a stand-by for furniture.

And I’m thinking to build a farm for my suburb area, a typical farm from where I live, a “ferme Lorraine”, where I will be able to put my cows and my future pigs!

Yay!

Your downtown area is great, but I had already seen most of the modulars-converted-to-city-scale before (in this thread). Anyway, great job on that! I'm really a fan of the scale you use for your buildings. It's pretty close to 'Town Plan' scale I'd say. The construction of the brick-built tree is pretty clever.

Your downtown area is great, but I had already seen most of the modulars-converted-to-city-scale before (in this thread). Anyway, great job on that! I'm really a fan of the scale you use for your buildings. It's pretty close to 'Town Plan' scale I'd say. The construction of the brick-built tree is pretty clever.

Though I really love everything that's been done and demonstrated here the... lack of minifigs is entirely unsettling. It feels as if you're watching a slideshow of a massive amount of impressive architecture, but there's... never anybody using it. I suppose it just feels strange to see beautiful "homes" that aren't lived in.

Very impressive alex!

Your downtown looks excellent and the addition of the trees and the small triangular "soil/ground" sections are great!

The statue at the center of the roundabout is pretty impressive too! Seeing the overhead picture in the beggining, it looked like a clock to be honest! :oh:

I love the interiors! The photocopy machine looks very realistic and what I like the most is the pub! :wub: It is one of the best I have seen and really gives you the feeling of an actual pub atmosphere! The colours (the overall brown and the green glasses look amazing), the stools, the glasses hanging from the top and the way you've designed the whole place is just beautiful! :wub:

Excellent work again and keep expanding yor city! :sweet:

Nice additions for sure Alex! I really like the interiors, especially that photocopier in the post office :thumbup:

Your downtown area is great, but I had already seen most of the modulars-converted-to-city-scale before (in this thread).
Though I really love everything that's been done and demonstrated here the... lack of minifigs is entirely unsettling. It feels as if you're watching a slideshow of a massive amount of impressive architecture, but there's... never anybody using it. I suppose it just feels strange to see beautiful "homes" that aren't lived in.
I know, I know... But this post wasn't an "official" presentation of my finished layout. It was more a WIP post.
Nice additions for sure Alex! I really like the interiors, especially that photocopier in the post office :thumbup:
Thanks! It took me some tries and tries to come with a small and not so undetailed one!
I love the interiors! The photocopy machine looks very realistic and what I like the most is the pub! :wub: It is one of the best I have seen and really gives you the feeling of an actual pub atmosphere! The colours (the overall brown and the green glasses look amazing), the stools, the glasses hanging from the top and the way you've designed the whole place is just beautiful! :wub:
Thanks too!

I have also spend some times on this interior. The scale I use doesn't give me so much space for making interiors. I can only put few things, so I have to think about the essential elements that have to be here. And the choice of the colors is really important for such a place. I went to some irish pub in town to see how they look like in real and try o capture the feeling.

I went to some irish pub in town to see how they look like in real and try o capture the feeling.

That is what an experienced MOCer like you does. :thumbup:

If I were in that position, the least that I could have captured would have been a good hangover.

:grin:

Great town and beautiful updates!

I just love that Irish pub.

It is so nicely done in such a tight space, just awesome. :wub:

Great town and beautiful updates!

I just love that Irish pub.

It is so nicely done in such a tight space, just awesome. :wub:

Thanks! Yes I just have small areas to capture the atmosphere of my interiors... It's not that easy but I like challenges!

indexed.gif Layout

2011 the rebirth, in modular size :

It’s time for a new chapter of my city story !

Seeing the pet shop modular set gives me the desire to rebuild my café corner to its original size, and occasionally, all my official modular buildings. So after a long time of hesitation, I decided to destroy my layout, the rebirth was launched…

I was a little afraid of destroying all that work, but in the same time, that gave me some motivation to continue to build something news.

So after checking the pieces for all the official modular buildings (the pars list is very useful in that case!) I could start to build my own modular buildings :

- My yellow house

- My brown and grey houses

- My modern and art nouveau houses

- My irish pub

And after that, I just start to put some interiors:

- Inside my café corner

- Inside my pub

So, even if anything is really finished, I decided to take some pictures, as a check point of my work.

Some general view here :

layout_03.jpg

layout_04.jpg

layout_08.jpg

A detail on my pavement :

layout_18.jpg

And my two kind of trees :

layout_19.jpg

layout_21.jpg

You can see more pics here, in my BS gallery.

I have a lot of work with the roads, I just need a lot of 1x2 and 2x2 dark grey tiles and some straight roads to complete my street diorama.

And I have some other ideas to expend this layout.

I have already work on a corner building, which will looks like this :

modular_05_sketch.jpg

It's a long time between drinks 'alex54' ? :wink:

But I like this street scape, can't wait to see it finished. :sweet:

Those trees are fantastic, mind if I take inspiration from the second tree ? :blush:

Looking forward to more updates.....Brick On Build On 'alex54' ! :classic:

Oooh that's nice! Well done Alex, and congratulations on once again rebuilding your town!

I must admit though, I'm really gonna miss your inside corner house. Yeah, I know, I've already made my feelings known, but I just think that was a general concept with road and house positioning that worked really well. I admit I'd love to see you revisit it! Perhaps alter that sweet-looking new corner building project of yours a bit and have it as an inside corner house instead? :grin:

This layout is amazing. I love the different styles of architecture. I still remember your old layout from long ago with all the road plates and classic buildings.

Also, the camper van is great. I love the color. Great street. I can't wait for more updates. :classic:

Blue Brick

Your buildings all look lovely - the official sets and your own designs go very well together. That's a very, very nice table of modulars :)

Very cool street! Your MOCs look great. The progressions are crazy. I like seeing the overhead shots to get a good look at the street layout. I probably have a dozen or so pictures saved so when the day comes where I rebuild my town, I have all kinds of ideas for a layout.

Alex, you have a great layout there. Your modular MOCs fit amazingly well with the official ones, and that's a compliment to your building skills. I'm also looking forward to see your corner building, it looks interesting from the sketches.

do you mind if i ask where the vw bus came from?

Hi there,

Welcome to Eurobricks! Why don't you start a topic in the Hello, My Name is... forum so that we can get to know you a little better? :sweet:

When you joined this forum, you agreed to follow the Site Guidelines, one of which concerns correct grammar and punctuation. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thanks,

-Ricecracker