Sign in to follow this  
Elander

[MOC] Black Pearl

thindexedgif.gif 108C

Hi, :jollyroger:

today I want to share you my Black Pearl in "twilight style". I do not want to overload this therad with too many pictures (like Fort Royal).^^

That is why I want to share you the next pictures tomorrow.

Ok, here are the first 16 pictures. Your comments are be welcome. -I need place between the pictures. :pir-laugh:

Overview pictures:

seite2h.jpg

seite3i.jpg

seite4n.jpg

seitenher.jpg

seitenher2.jpg

vorneblitzlicht.jpg

hintenqb.jpg

hinten2.jpg

hinten3.jpg

kajte3.jpg

deck.jpg

deck2x.jpg

deck3l.jpg

galionsfigur.jpg

And as last Maria Swan in panic: :pir-laugh:

missinpanik.jpg

Greets

Elander

Twilight style? As far as I can tell this MOC isn't for teenage girls so you can't mean that tv show. :pir-laugh:

My only criticism is that it's too fat for the hull, it looks like a muffin. Everything above the brown is great.

Twilight style? As far as I can tell this MOC isn't for teenage girls so you can't mean that tv show. :pir-laugh:

My only criticism is that it's too fat for the hull, it looks like a muffin. Everything above the brown is great.

No, please not the "Twilight"-saga. :pir-grin:

This is the Black Pearl from the first movie: "The course of the Black Pearl". I tried to transform my LEGO-skeletons into "Ghost"-pirates. I hope that had worked. That is the scene were Maria Swan figure out that "ghosts" living on board these ship.^^

I think with tatter sales look this ship better. I hope you think so too?

Greeds

Elander

Edited by Elander

You captured the "ghostship" style very well, there are many inaccuracies to the real ship (like the high forecastle, too many windows, cabin entrance, sail plan,...), I suppose you made this on your intuïtion.

Either way, I like the ship, there are some very nice details, I dislike the use of those brown hulls though, they don't suit the Pearl very well.

Still nice.

Nice- It definetly has the overall feel of the Black Pearl. I've never responded to another MOC before, though, so sorry if I'm too frank.

Cons

-It does indeed look like a muffin

-The foc's'le is a little high

-The sterncastle has one door in between two stairs

-The mainmast is a little far forward

Pros

-She is very detailed

-She has what appears to be an interior, or at least in the great cabin

-She's the bloody BLACK PEARL! THE MOST AWESOME SHIP EVER!

She really is a great ship though, and I hope that there's an interior. Anyway, kudos.

Two stunning MOCs in two days! You're on a roll. :pir-tongue:

Maybe it's not entirely true to the movie, but I like your interpretation. It has a very LEGO feel, and I love that stern pic.

Just to let you know, it's Elizabeth Swann, not Maria.

Great work!

Edited by Skipper

Don't listen to the haters, man.

:pir-hmpf: I can't see any haters, just some constructive advice here.

Anyway: I really like this ship. Wonderful work on the hull details and the ornaments and it has a much more fantasy-feel than the original BP that I did never really like. If I had to pick one, I'd pick yours!

It is a great fantasy ship indeed! But other than it being a ship it looks nothing like the Black Pearl. The stern just has a crazy amount of things going on. The forecastle is too high. It does not have enough sails. There are too many windows, The figurehead just doesn't resemble...I absolutely hate the BP that's coming out in November, and I never thought id see a pearl that looks worse than the official set but.... IT is a great ship, I just wouldn't have named her the Black Pearl.

I like it! Surely it looks out of proportion, but it's supposed to be a fantasy ship, right? As such, it doesn't have to be completely accurate, instead it has a nice, surreal feel, even augmented by the strange shape here and there. As for the resemblance to the Black Pearl from the movie (or lack of) - I don't care about this frankly, this is your interpretation after all!

Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Yepp,

you are right. My ship is not "exact" the movie version. I was a bit innovative and have built wiith my one's own style. I think it was a good idea to give this ship a "ripped" style. So looks the Black Pearl a bit creepier. :pirate_skel1:

I should have written "Moonlight Version" instead of "Twilight Version". I believe that sounds better.^^

Thanks for your comments! I've shoot a lot of photos by my created ghost-pirates. I hope you like those.

piratenbandeaufderkajte.jpg

steuerrad.jpg

jackdersaufbold.jpg

laufenlaufenlaufen.jpg

lufer1.jpg

lufer2.jpg

lufer3.jpg

raddrehtunddrehtsich.jpg

And at last two thumbnails for the next photo wave: The internal rooms from the Black Pearl. :jollyroger:

lukeneinsicht.jpg

lukenlassensichffnen.jpg

Greets

Elander

Edited by Elander

Looks like a floating brick :pir_laugh2:

Seriously, the bowcastle (?) is very tall, and as a whole the ships looks massive, but that is more a problem of the standard hull pieces with a "correct" over-and-under-deck construction.

Very nice colors (or lack thereof ;) ), good detail. I like it!

I should have written "Moonlight Version" instead of "Twilight Version". I believe that sounds better.^^

An easy fix. :pirate_skel1:

Awesome work! I just love it. Nothing more to say.

In that case please don't bump old threads if you don't have anything to add.

if you did add a costum hull to this one, (and dont use the Lego BP hull) your own squary hull, then this would be really awesome, because now, it looks like its two tiffrent ships mixed together,