Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

Pirate Sloop "Katarina"

thindexedgif.gif 108A

Hello me hearties,

In the teaser I told you guys I was building a ship, well... Shes done now.

As a Child I always liked to play with the Pirate legoes of my friends, I could never buy them...

The Renegade runner was one of my favourites because of the awesome sail types she had.

So this is the reason I tried to build an awesome Sloop: As a Child I Couldnt.

The Story goes on:

After Bjornu escaped the Bluecoat fortress, he tried to steal a sloop in the harbour.

The harbour wasn't guarded very well, atleast thats what Bjornu thought.

After climbing in a Sloop a guard tried to shoot him, he hitted his leg.

With severe wounds Bjornu managed it to sail to Pirate Cave, there his leg got Cutted-off and a Peg-leg was added.

After meeting his love he asked some of the pirates to Refit his Sloop.

The hull and the sails were painted black, Swivels and Cannons were bought.

When the Sloop was done, Bjornu renamed the sloop to his love: "Katarina".

he recruited a small crew at Pirate cave, a young but smart boy also joined the crew.

For now Bjornu's destiny is stealing some gold, the: paint, cannons and swivels were expensive enough!

I hope you guys enjoyed the story!

I Proudly present you Pirate Sloop "Katarina":

snc00629.jpg

snc00685.jpg

The Final Swivel and Cannon Design:

snc00692.jpg

snc00696.jpg

And ofcourse as always a Slideshow video:

Just like the previous MOC I would like to ask:

Does it have the Classic-Pirate feel? A Yes or No will do ! :pir_laugh2:

If a GM passes by: I would love to have my Ship Indexed!

Greetz Captain Bjornu, :jollyroger:

Nice sloop you have there. I like the tiled deck, but think that the hatch is a bit thick IMO. And the cannons should ne a nit longer. But otherwise i like it. What piece did you use to get the mast sloped? Great work whit this. And for the Cassic feek, its pretty hard to me to say, but i would say it has it a bit. :pirate: Good work and hope you can capture a little bit bigger ship next time.

Captain Becker

Nicely done, good job with the angled mast, I forgot that on my sloop :pir_wacko:

The sails remind me of my black pearl, did you paint them as well ?

Nicely done, good job with the angled mast, I forgot that on my sloop :pir_wacko:

The sails remind me of my black pearl, did you paint them as well ?

These sails are A4 paper, and painted with acrylic paint.

It works pretty good IMO, and I will definately use it more than once.

Nice sloop you have there. I like the tiled deck, but think that the hatch is a bit thick IMO. And the cannons should ne a nit longer. But otherwise i like it. What piece did you use to get the mast sloped? Great work whit this. And for the Cassic feek, its pretty hard to me to say, but i would say it has it a bit. :pirate: Good work and hope you can capture a little bit bigger ship next time.

Captain Becker

The hatch only looks thick actually, the inside is just air :pir_laugh2: what means its just layered at the outside and hollow in the middle.

The cannons were fine IMO, if I added another round piece there, they would look very weird IMO.

I used a "hinged plate", dont know how it is called... but I always use them as lego-hatches.

I hope this was clear enough, otherwise you can always ask me again!

Greetz Bjornu

Edited by Bjornu

Love it! :pir-wub: As for a Classic Pirate feel, I think yes, it definitely does. Even though everything besides the size and hull is totally unlike TLG would ever take the time to do, it still has just the right feel.

~Cpt. Tristan

This is a really great ship! I enjoy your stories that go along with your creations! :pir_laugh2: I think it does have a classic feel. :pir-wink:

This is a really great ship! I enjoy your stories that go along with your creations! :pir_laugh2: I think it does have a classic feel. :pir-wink:

And I like to create a good story around it. :pir_laugh2:

It became one of my favourite parts when doing MOCs.

Im glad you enjoy them always :pir-sweet:

Greetz Bjornu

Ah Bjornu!

Back again after Pirate Cave!

I saw your video at Youtube, Im glad you built it so fast.

Though I like this sloop more than Den Roode Dood, This one has sails and cool features.

I think if you remove the real ropes for lego ones and add some plastic ladders this would be a Great set for children, It has even more playability than the Caribbean clipper and the Renegade runner! :pir-sweet:

Its hard for me you are a pirate now, but I still am going to watch your videos!

Tib :pir-sweet:

Hi,

your small cannons and black sails are very good! :thumbup:

But not only the cannons, -all details are very very good. I believe the corded ladder was not simple. Well done work here. Also I like the lots of cheasts and other stuff on board this ship. Overall we have a lot of things to see.

Good work!

Elander

Hi,

your small cannons and black sails are very good! :thumbup:

But not only the cannons, -all details are very very good. I believe the corded ladder was not simple. Well done work here. Also I like the lots of cheasts and other stuff on board this ship. Overall we have a lot of things to see.

Good work!

Elander

took me about 1/2 hours to make these corded ladders, it was pretty easy.

Making knots will hurt your hands over time, but its worth it!

Thanks for you comment!

Greetz Bjornu

Nice ship.

It sure has a pirate feeling. I like the size and the sail arrangements are realistic too.

What you could do to improve it, is for example place the tiles lengthwise on the deck.

Deck planks were always lengthwise for the strength (otherwise you'd get a "katterug").

Another thing could be to add these to the bottom of your shrouds.

And I still think your cannons are too short :pir-tongue:

But I like everything else about the ship, and that's quite a lot :pir-classic:

Nice ship.

It sure has a pirate feeling. I like the size and the sail arrangements are realistic too.

What you could do to improve it, is for example place the tiles lengthwise on the deck.

Deck planks were always lengthwise for the strength (otherwise you'd get a "katterug").

Thank you for your comment!

Edited by Bjornu

AWESOME looking sloop 'Bjornu', I :pir-wub: the weapons ! :thumbup:

Any more ships coming ?

Keep on drinking that rum ! :pir-wink:

I will build some more ships, but there's a LandMOC on the planning for now.

I was thinking about the: "The Pirate Grand Exchange"

Where pirates are able to exchange bluecoat and redcoat prisoners for bounty, also captured flags of enemy vessels can be turned in for booty

Well done on a nice little ship! It has a good pirate feel and the black colourscheme and shape looks good. Nice work on your sails and rigging, its not easy, those cannons also look good. I agree that you should change the tile planking length ways, as thats how it was done. Very nice ship, keep them coming.

DC

Nice ship.

That's really good to know about deck planks. I had no idea. Is there a guide on this site with terms and descriptions for the different parts of ships?

Well done on a nice little ship! It has a good pirate feel and the black colourscheme and shape looks good. Nice work on your sails and rigging, its not easy, those cannons also look good. I agree that you should change the tile planking length ways, as thats how it was done. Very nice ship, keep them coming.

DC

Nice ship.

Thanks to both of you,

This is the criticism I always really appreciate.

Constructive and always helpfull.

I never knew the deck planking was up that way, ironically at first I tiled the deck in the right way.

But after taking a look I thought it was really strange so I changed it! :pir_laugh2:

As always Thank you for the comment!

Greetz Bjornu

Edited by Bjornu

Way too much black IMO, even for a fantasy ship. The swivel gun and overall proportions are quite good though! :thumbup:

Well About the black, I like black and pirates do also! :pir_laugh2:

In the story I told It was painted Black to have it refit you know...

Like stealing a bike an repainting it or something :pir-sceptic:

Greetz Bjornu