Sign in to follow this  
hugosantos

MOC Oporto's Downtown Buildings

Hello everyone,

Here's a MOC that I've built for the latest event of my LUG Comunidade 0937 on June that is called "Arte em Peças 2", and takes place in Paredes de Coura, Portugal (Stay tunned because our Arte em Peças 3 was already annouced).

This is a MOC that consists in two modular buildings based on separate 16x32 baseplates that could even be presented individually, but they were thought to be side by side and because of that I decided to present them as one.

As the name reveals, my inspiration come from the beautiful old buildings that exists in Oporto downtown with its characteristic wooden windows, the typical stained glass above the entrance doors and their gray granite stonework, which embody the buildings perfectly. I wanted to represent these in LEGO since a long time.

I started this construction idealizing the windows and then moved to the small basement windows that gave me both so much joy to do and then the end result was accomplished in an instant.

Although satisfied with the results, given the time I had to build them, I intend to implement some ideas later, but each thing in its time, for now, here's the image of it:

6196789658_1fe945141f_z.jpg

I hope you enjoy it.

More photos soon on Flickr

Very nice architecture on the buildings.

I like the color of the green building better than the red one, but classic Lego red is not my favourite color at all. That's only my opinion on the color, though, I'm sure others will say it's nice. EDIT: On second thought, maybe it's orange? My display can't decide :laugh: If it's orange, it's nice, but I would have maybe stuck in a few pieces of brown or dark red with the orange to give it a more classic look.

I do like how you built those buildings, though. They do look like classic buildings I used to see around my town when I was growing up (before they all got demolished).

Keep up the good work.

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

I like it. Simple and elegant, and nice colours. The details above the doors add that extra touch.

If it's orange, it's nice, but I would have maybe stuck in a few pieces of brown or dark red with the orange to give it a more classic look.

In fact it is an Orange building and the other one is Sand Green. :sweet:

Thank you all for sharing your comments.

Excellent modulars 'hugosantos', the colours seem to just pop the right way ! :classic:

The sand green building has the best feature - lead lighting effect above the front door ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'hugosantos' ! :grin:

Nice buildings. I like them a lot. They just look like some simple buildings but the small details make them perfect.

You did a great job on the windows above the doors and the basement windows.

Congrats Hugo :thumbup:

Sand green building is my favourite and really depicts the "Invicta" architecture.

I would love to see it expanded vertical and laterally :sweet: