LuxorV

Minifig Customization Workshop Contest 2011

I was thinking about entering Category #2, but I wanted to ask:

Can I make an alien that fits into existing media? (eg. an alien that I say is from the SW universe, but has not been featured in any of the movies, TV shows, or books.)

I was thinking about entering Category #2, but I wanted to ask:

Can I make an alien that fits into existing media? (eg. an alien that I say is from the SW universe, but has not been featured in any of the movies, TV shows, or books.)

I'm sorry, but:

Create a custom alien minifigure. It must be a new and personal concept. No figures based on existing media will be allowed.

means it has to be a new alien figure from your imagination, living in your own fictional world. :wink:

One question. do I have to make the minifig or can I draw it and scan it in?

I think this answers your question :wink:

• For the nature of this contest, no digital entries are allowed - only actual brick-built entries

Hi all, if I may say, I'm a bit surprised by the low number of entries posted 'till now :look:

I know most poeple tend to post their entries in the last week, but I'd like to see more partecipants, given the great prizes at stake in this contest. I'm sure our kind sponsors BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors would like to see more activity here, too.

Come on people, don't be shy and share your customs! :wink:

I'm done reviewing for the year (I think!)

My Alien figure is almost done, I still have to build the vignette and do some more work on the figure itself. I'm also looking to enter the Globetrotter theme but it will take some planning.

Eurobricks Staff in co-operation with LEGO customisers BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors reminds everybody you have still 3 weeks (yes, we extended the deadline to allow you all to participate!) to enter the Minifg Customisation Workshop Contest 2011 and win one of the fantastic prizes at stake!

So, use well these 3 weeks and let the entries flood in! :wink:

How custom can the entries in category 2 be, I was making a model with a completely brick build head and legs but a minifigure torso. Because of the custom elements the character would be a lot taller than a normal minifigure.

Eurobricks Staff in co-operation with LEGO customisers BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors reminds everybody you have still 3 weeks (yes, we extended the deadline to allow you all to participate!) to enter the Minifg Customisation Workshop Contest 2011 and win one of the fantastic prizes at stake!

So, use well these 3 weeks and let the entries flood in! :wink:

<3 <3 <3

Ive been slowly working on a figure for category 3, but was afraid I'd have to scramble to get it finished over the weekend. Very glad tp hear youve extended the deadline!

so does this mean we are not allowed to use decals from the decal index's ?

just read some comments now i know the answer to my question

Edited by BobThePom

so does this mean we are not allowed to use decals from the decal index's ?

just read some comments now i know the answer to my question

I'll answer anyway, in case others have the same doubt. You can use decals only as long as they are your own design. This was established to grant people use their own creativity to the max in this contest. :wink:

I'll answer anyway, in case others have the same doubt. You can use decals only as long as they are your own design. This was established to grant people use their own creativity to the max in this contest. :wink:

thanks,I did have fun making my own decals but they are not nearly as good as some others I have seen!

I've just made a run of checks for the entries, with indications for those not following the rules. Please up-date your entries in time (less than 1 week left now!) If I missed any, please let me know via PM.

I also noticed that a number of early entries are still in a WIP status. Please make sure you fullfil the requirements to qualify. It would be a waste to have made such customs and then loose the competition for not completing the entry posts!

is it too late now to join? :-P

You still have about 6 days, and you're more than welcome to submite one or more entries within that time! :wink:

I know I can have 5 pictures in my entry. Can I have these 5 in the first posting of the thread and more in a seperate posting in the same thread? Or MUST every exceeding picture be hidden behind a link to e.g. Flickr?

I know I can have 5 pictures in my entry. Can I have these 5 in the first posting of the thread and more in a seperate posting in the same thread? Or MUST every exceeding picture be hidden behind a link to e.g. Flickr?

I think it fair to allow extra pictures in other posts in the same thread, as The Penguin did. :classic:

Today is the last day, isn't it. Will there be another rules check? Is there anything more we need to do?

Actually, the contest ends on the 16th of November (12 GMT). I'll check the entries again in these days and I'll add notes only if something is not in line with the rules.

Dammit, I don't even have pictures of mine yet. Before I take the pics and put it up, I just wanted to ask: Is is okay if I make a defeated champion for Category 3? Defeated as in they used to be the champion, but now someone else came along and defeated them. I have a broken lance piece, and that's why I want to do this. :classic:

Edited by darthnihilius

Dammit, I don't even have pictures of mine yet. Before I take the pics and put it up, I just wanted to ask: Is is okay if I make a defeated champion for Category 3? Defeated as in they used to be the champion, but now someone else came along and defeated them. I have a broken lance piece, and that's why I want to do this. :classic:

That's an interesting twist, and of course you can go with it. The term 'champion' does not mean 'winner' in this case, but 'representative' of his faction/leader/lord/king/whatever. :wink:

The deadline has expired. In the next few days I'll re-check all the entries for the entries' list and I hope to have the voting threads up by the week-end. Stay tuned!