REVIEW: 10222 Winter Village Post Office

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding
  2. 2. Which is your favourite Winter set to date?

• Winter Toy Shop
    • Winter Village Bakery
    • Winter Village Post Office

Outstanding review, SM-- you clearly put a lot of effort into it and that certainly deserves some recognition.

These sets are the perfect example of why Lego sets can and do succeed without any sort of antagonist/protagonist approach. There are no good guys or bad guys in these sets, only happy people celebrating the season-- and I for one can tell you that kids CANNOT stop playing with these!!! I'm looking forward to this one, and getting it set up with its 'brothers' under the tree in a few months.

Excellent review of a fantastic set and theme. I can't wait to build this one and have it setup over Christmas. You know LEGO is doing something right when the wife happily agrees to a holiday display :grin: The only disappointment is the price this year. I hope LEGO keeps the winter theme strong and fresh for many years.

Really enjoyed the review. It makes me really glad I picked one up @ BrickCon last weekend. At the same time your well-illustrated and amusing review relieves the "wanna build it RIGHT NOW" factor since I have promised to not open it until closer to Xmas.

Thanks.

Just finished building this set. It was fun to build and I always am interested in the new ways that the designers find to put bricks together. It never fails to amaze me that such an interesting building can be made from little bricks.

The one question that has been an issue for me is how to keep a light brick lit without having to hold the little red pin down. Hard to get good pictures when there is a hand behind the building making the light go on. Any one out there have a solution for an easy way to keep these light bricks lit?

One thing to watch out for when placing the roof: the bazooka pieces fit into the small peg, rather than the last hole, underneath the tan parts. This wasn't made very clear in the instructions, but if you try to fit the bazookas on the ends of the tan arches, you'll break the structure. This bit is rather tricky.

Rather tricky? Rather impossible for me... I can get one in the peg, but not the other three. I might very well have a roofless gazebo! :cry_sad:

On a positive side, I came back to find your review because I figured you would have something to say and I thought maybe I was doing it incorrectly. Good review! I won this set from TLG's winter design contest and have been putting it together the past few days. Not a set I'd recommend for the beginner LEGO builder, however, even if they're an adult.

Rather tricky? Rather impossible for me... I can get one in the peg, but not the other three. I might very well have a roofless gazebo! :cry_sad:

On a positive side, I came back to find your review because I figured you would have something to say and I thought maybe I was doing it incorrectly. Good review! I won this set from TLG's winter design contest and have been putting it together the past few days. Not a set I'd recommend for the beginner LEGO builder, however, even if they're an adult.

Congratulations on winning!

I'd have to agree it's not a set for beginners, not least because of all the small parts involved. But glad that you found that part of the review useful - I could imagine someone getting stuck on that section.

Hi there - I don't want to read the review (yet) as I feel it spoils a bit of the fun in building the set, and thus I may have missed this if you've already written it - in that case I apologize for asking unnecessary questions. But does anybody have a chance to measure the box? I'm planning to pick up this and the VW camper when I'm going to London in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to know if there's any chance that they'll fit in my backpack...

But does anybody have a chance to measure the box? I'm planning to pick up this and the VW camper when I'm going to London in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to know if there's any chance that they'll fit in my backpack...

According to Bricklink: 48 x 28.3 x 6 (cm).

According to Bricklink: 48 x 28.3 x 6 (cm).

Thanks a lot! How blind am I, having placed more than 400 BL orders, and still not noticing the box dimensions are stated for every set?

Thanks for the reveiw, SilentMode. We've ordered one from S@H and are looking forward to receiving it.

I think the dog is the same as the one in the Pet Shop modular but could be wrong.

Thanks for the reveiw, SilentMode. We've ordered one from S@H and are looking forward to receiving it.

I think the dog is the same as the one in the Pet Shop modular but could be wrong.

It certainly looks like it, from the photos in the review of the Pet Shop. Thanks for your comments.

I am so very horribly disappointed that the guitar is a sticker. Almost completely ruins the set for me.

Dark Blue 2x4

I picked up the other two winter (obviously Christmas) sets not long ago. Love the series but really wish they continued the all-snow roofs with this one.

Thanks for the review, SilentMode--it was very enjoyable, and showed me enough to give me a taste for the set without ruining all the building fun :classic:

You know LEGO is doing something right when the wife happily agrees to a holiday display :grin:

Hear, hear! And, in my case, my mother-in-law has bought me the previous two winter village sets for the past two Christmases--here's hoping the trend continues! :sweet:

Edited by Mariko