Sign in to follow this  
Lord Of The Fries

[MOC] Hoth Wampa Cave

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi guys,

Here's my entry for the Community Build:

I tried to make a large MOC for the Episode IV Community Build but was out of Tan coloured bricks, so I made a Micro one instead and this time I made a 10x14 Vignette of Hoth Wampa Cave!

The Main View:

6201567717_d3d62fa603_z.jpg

Here you can see that I've raised the whole Vignette up so Luke's Lightsaber can go through a little whole to represent when it is was stuck in the snow.

The Side View:

6202078968_76c9e338ca_z.jpg

I've used 2 big angled bricks on either side and some small angled bricks on the roof to neaten the whole Vignette up a bit.

The Inside:

6202079976_578d0767ff_z.jpg

Here's Luke and his lightsaber stuck in the snow.

The Lightsaber Trick:

6201566283_c87d70bc5b_z.jpg

Not really a trick but the lightsaber goes through a 2x1 brick with a hole in it.

Luke in the Snow:

6201568983_659f247ed8_z.jpg

Luke is attached by a 1x1 brick with a stud on 1 side, hidden in the 'roof'.

The Back:

6202081570_1715ffbbc4_z.jpg

Showing that the back is neat as well.

Luke Skywalker:

6202080544_33cc2f9a81_z.jpg

After taking this picture (which was the last one) I realised I could've used a chrome hilt but was too lazy to to take every picture again so I just left it as is. You can also see that I've just used Luke from 8089 but changed the face to Anakins from 7251.

And that's it and I hoped you liked my entry!

Good MOC. I would have changed a bit of the all-white cave and added a few touches of light stone grey around, for a "shadowy" effect. (He is, after all, in a cave.) Could you also expand it back a bit, and maybe at a wampa or a injured Taun Taun?

-JackJonespaw

Fantastic little scene Lord Of The Fries, I love the little snow drifts on the inside, and the scared head for Luke. Hmm maybe some red marker blood splatters :grin:.

You totally found an effective way to illustrate that the lightsaber hilt was 'lodged' in the snow. Nice work! :classic: