Sign in to follow this  
Darth Yogi

[MOC] T-47 airspeeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I knew it was time to start a new MOC with ACPin's Community build, and I had always wanted to build a T-47 airspeeder, so this was perfect timing. So after two weeks of building and taking pictures, here is my result. I used inspiration from Larry Lars, and Bricdocter, and of course a lot of my own. So here is my result, so please enjoy.

6196595258_8662d2e345_z.jpg

6196594532_7a32279963_z.jpg

6196594828_553cd7b8ce_z.jpg

6196595122_0e56b3c185_z.jpg

6196594000_183a16b92e_z.jpg

6196594224_eb7d43bd84_z.jpg

6196084967_59410c985a_z.jpg

6196593644_f1393b28b0_z.jpg

T-47 Airspeeder By Darth Yogi

Thanks for looking, and please C&C.

Wow this was almost at the bottom of the page when I saw it. These are great Darth Yogi, I love the smooth look and the side guns.

AWESOME snow speeders 'Darth Yogi', fantastic work on the cockpit and blasters ! :grin:

Brick On with the force 'Darth Yogi' ! :grin:

The front looks a bit long and the cockpit too short, but other than that it looks pretty cool.

I'm sure the usual subjects will have paragraphs of criticism though.

I agree that the front looks a little bit elongated, but this is still a great MOC of the Snowspeeder. Snowspeeder MOCs never cease to amaze me; this is leaps and bounds beyond the crappy Snowspeeder that LEGO always puts out.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

How did I miss this? *huh*

It's really well done, and after you make those little adjustments from above, I'm sure it'd be greater :sweet:

Excellent work, Darth Yogi!

I realize that it's quite hard not to make a T-47 that's better than TLG's, but you've still done some superb work here. The only major criticism I have involves the rear blocks on the wings, which I think really miss the air brakes. To me, those are an essential part of the design of the T-47.

Excellent work, Darth Yogi!

I realize that it's quite hard not to make a T-47 that's better than TLG's, but you've still done some superb work here. The only major criticism I have involves the rear blocks on the wings, which I think really miss the air brakes. To me, those are an essential part of the design of the T-47.

Indeed – why the set is even considered a standard anymore is beyond me! :laugh:

Couldn’t he have used 3x3 wedge plates for the in place of the oversized 3x6 wings? Or are there simply no slope bricks that fit that angle?

Couldn’t he have used 3x3 wedge plates for the in place of the oversized 3x6 wings? Or are there simply no slope bricks that fit that angle?

He could use 3x2 wedge plates, which are the same angle, but the lines don't look as good. They look too jagged, because the horizontal 3x2 sticks out a stud. What's really needed here is a 3x4 wedge plate, which doesn't exist. The 3x6 offers the best-looking compromise.

He could use 3x2 wedge plates, which are the same angle, but the lines don't look as good. They look too jagged, because the horizontal 3x2 sticks out a stud. What's really needed here is a 3x4 wedge plate, which doesn't exist. The 3x6 offers the best-looking compromise.

What I was getting at was whether a 45-degree angle wedge couldn't be used, as seen here.

What I was getting at was whether a 45-degree angle wedge couldn't be used, as seen here.

Well, when you're talking attaching the wedge plate to a hinge, then pretty much any angle becomes achievable and any plate within acceptable size ranges can be used. That plate isn't my first choice because it creates gaps.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I agree that the front is a little long, and will probably fix that sometime, as well as the air brakes. And of coarse its better than TLG's version :tongue:

Thanks for the blog.

Although I like Larry Lars' snowspeeder the msot, your's is superb too! :thumbup:

Thanks. Larry Lars' is still my favorite too.