Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Category errors in 4.1.8

TLG decided to play around with the categories in 4.1.8, causing much confusion to us builders. I guess we can get used to it, but there are som pretty blatent errors in the current categorisation. Please use this topic to post the errors and other oddities you find. I'll start with one

1) Most tiles have been moved to the section with the icon of 1x1 Modifyed plate with clip on the side. However, the 48288 FLAT TILE 8x16 has not and remain in the Plates section.

It is incredibly difficult for me to have the minifig and accessories collections mixed together. I honesty don't know which place to look for a even a simple sword which is not how "organization" should be.

It is incredibly difficult for me to have the minifig and accessories collections mixed together. I honesty don't know which place to look for a even a simple sword which is not how "organization" should be.

OK, I see it. If you search for "sword" you find them spread over two different categories - the Lever-icon and the Minifig-icon. *huh*

I am not sure if this counts but... The search option is so "child friendly" that it makes it hard to find something specific.

For some reason, the 1x2 tile with side panel is in the door section, when there is a category that has the 1x2 tile with panel icon :wacko:

I am not sure if this counts but... The search option is so "child friendly" that it makes it hard to find something specific.

It's actually not meant to be child friendly per se. It's just that the search algorithm is a very loose because of the odd TLG brick naming (incorrect spelling, strange naming of parts, some parts are in danish etc).

Not all of the tile pieces are in one group.

There are a few pieces such as the T-peice and the small claw piece that should be moved from their technic categories to something more suitable.

There are a few pieces such as the T-peice and the small claw piece that should be moved from their technic categories to something more suitable.

I guess the T-piece is in the Technics category because it's an old Technics piece. The small claw piece I can agree on though.

I guess the T-piece is in the Technics category because it's an old Technics piece. The small claw piece I can agree on though.

I kind of like both the T-piece and the small claw piece in Technic categories, just because the main alternative places to put them are the two minifigure parts/accessories categories, which are already clogged to the brim. But it's possible some of the other reorganization recommended in this topic would clear up space for them, or create a new category where they could fit.

Old? It's a crucial part of the pneumatics system, used to split air flow and still used for that today in sets like 8110. Admittedly I think it's usage has long grown beyond that and I think most of the ones I now have came from elsewhere, but I can see the logic to it. It makes a lot more sense (to me at least) than the little claw piece (#48729) and a few of the others in there anyway.

Search for “door”. Marvel at the variety of categories for the simple pairs of doors.

Something I don't understand is why 61409 (1x2 roof tile with lattice) and 49668 ("tooth") are in the windscreen section. Anyone knows if there is any historic reason?

The "tyres" section is also odd. It has the scateboard in it, but not the wheel barrel which uses the same wheel. Nor does the section have the 47576 hockey puck, even though it is named "WHEEL". Or the hub caps. And the motorcycle rims and tyres are in the Technic cog wheels category.

The 30663 16 diameter STEERING WHEEL is in the steering wheel console category, but the 24 mm STEERING WHEEL is in the Technics section.

The minifig mantle is in the tubes and strings section. I can understand it's a cloth material, but still *huh*

The 58827 LATTICE TOWER is in the steering wheel console section, but the almost identical 30517 LATTICE TOWER is in the headlight brick section.

The identical parts 6016 and 62113 LATTICE PLATE are in two different sections.

It is a pity that parts aren’t in more than one section.

They should be where you look!