I Scream Clone

New Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Great set. I'll buy it being a castle fan.

They shouldn't have published the first picture which is misleading. It is misleading also about the price: I think that the MMV for 99eur does worth much more than the joust for 119eur...

Thanks for the black falcon and - if this is the end of the kingdoms line - go ahead with the romans, LEGO!

It is too bad that the first photo is of 2 sets, When I first saw it thought it was quite a bargain, but upon further examination I discovered it was actually 2 sets back to back.

I guess I should have read the announcement on the front page a little closer.

I really think the first photos should have been of the set as it comes, just one (1) set, then show what you can do if you combine 2 sets.

So, the $120 set becomes a $240 set if you want what is in the first photo.

Who knew reading an announcement could be so much work?

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

A-MAZING. So glad we've got to see this set after all the rumours.

The lion noble man and green dress are a nice new addition, as is the black falcon Knight (though Iwonder why they gave him green as his secondary colour ratrher than blue? Like the old black falcons?).

I doubt this indicates an introduction of the black falcons, but more like a AFOL friendly inclusion to generate a bit more exciting (and as someone mentioned, keep the tradition of the solitary black knight).

Probably wouldn't get two, as a single set is nice enough to display, but clever that TLG are luring people in with that suggestion!

Feel this might be Kingdoms' final hurrah.

Great, now I see that the Pic is two of them. :hmpf_bad: I'll have to get two now! :laugh: Though I'm curious to see what one looks like.

EDIT: How is this two? The pics show the towers have two different designs. One with stained glass and one without. Unless it's two different sets.

Edited by K-nut

I see several mentioning the lone Black Knight idea, which does make sense.

If LEGO does take that road I will be sorely disappointed however;,that new Black Falcon looks so nice, much nicer than the lion knights or dragon knights. I'd love to army build them :cry_happy:

If LEGO does take that road I will be sorely disappointed however;,that new Black Falcon looks so nice, much nicer than the lion knights or dragon knights. I'd love to army build them :cry_happy:

I hope they become a new faction, for I'd like some soldiers. My only complaint is the green feather. It looks out of place to me. I'll probably replace it with a blue one though. And again, it doesn't seem like TLG would do this, I'm really confused because of the different tower designs, lone Black Knight, and different shapes. I need a pic of one of them! :sing:

8 pages as if it was nothing... :laugh:

Well my impressions of this set after the initial view.

Great construction, many bricks, as someone said before no panels, the lateral building has resemblance to MMV.

Great entrance for your Kingdom, good looking wall, that can conect with the castle.

Nice selection of minifigs.

The pants on the nobleman and the king for me are news.

Great representation of green on the princess.

Good adition on the black falcon minifigure.

And two ways can go with this:

A final set for Kingdoms, or the inclussion of two factions as Black Falcons and Forestmen could be a real improve for Kingdoms and the remembrance of Old Good Days. :classic:

What is the release date? I am assuming it will be a January release which means Christmas.

You're right - this'll be a Jan 2012 release.

I got to see the set today at the Brickish Association Exhibition. Jamie Berard didn't design it but was attending the exhibition and did the grand reveal this morning. Lovely set ! There are a few photos of the set and some details about the build on my Gimme LEGO blog if you want to know more. I will certainly be getting this set......

D.

And again, it doesn't seem like TLG would do this, I'm really confused because of the different tower designs, lone Black Knight, and different shapes. I need a pic of one of them!

All the pictures except the first one are of a single set. The first pic includes one whole set plus a second tower gate (attached to the back of the first one to make it four-walled) and the wall sections (a blue house and a stage). The picture does not include two complete sets, as all the minifigures from the second set are missing except the Lion guardsmen, as well as the second kingly spectator stand, tourney ground, tents etc.

All the pictures except the first one are of a single set. The first pic includes one whole set plus a second tower gate (attached to the back of the first one to make it four-walled) and the wall sections (a blue house and a stage). The picture does not include two complete sets, as all the minifigures from the second set are missing except the Lion guardsmen, as well as the second kingly spectator stand, tourney ground, tents etc.

Whoops. :blush: Now I see. In that case, I'll only get one of these.

Honestly, I'm not that impressed. It might be because I'm not into Kingdoms or castle. Its a good set, but not one I'll buy. If the rumor of 5 exclusives are true, I'll have to save some money for those, not something to get just for the sake of owning it.

Honestly, I'm not that impressed. It might be because I'm not into Kingdoms or castle. Its a good set, but not one I'll buy. If the rumor of 5 exclusives are true, I'll have to save some money for those, not something to get just for the sake of owning it.

You mean others exclusive sets of other themes?

Dear Nicker. In the first photo you can see that two 'towers' appear back-to-back. The second image is what you get if you buy one set..

Nevertheless, this set is a must have for all Castle fans out there!

Ok, after looking at the photos for a couple minutes I understand what your saying. So then with 2 sets that would also double up on the minifigs right?

My thoughts on this set:

1) A few very cool new figures and a lot of useful parts in the general color palette of castle MOC'ers make this a great and cost-efficient parts pack.

2) In terms of the design I see a lot of techniques that have been pioneered by AFOL's in the decor of the main building, which in a way is how they pay homage to the community.Also the tiles underneath the walkway indicate that the whole floor can be taken off to allow play inside, I assume adding to the credibility of "combine 2 sets".

3) the black falcons knight is quite original and if i am not mistaking has a black helm? :thumbup: That would be a first :wub: I'm not a fan of the torso underneath the armor though; it has the bronze that made the dragon knights unique, but clashes with the silver on his shield and the general look of the horse armor. The good news here is a that there are 3 shields per set so even if there is only 1 knight, one could still outfit a small unit of dragon knights as "falcon" knights. :grin:

4) Compared to MMV, this set does not deliver all that much innovation: sure the figures of the maiden, noble and knight have great prints, I see no new molds or animals. MMV introduced us to the first and only brown cows and is still the only source of these. Outside of the new figures, this whole set can be built from preexisting parts, which while it is perfectly acceptable, diminishes my desire to buy the whole set vs. bricklink the figures.

Overall, I am happy with how it turned out, any development in the area of history themes is exciting and if indeed Kingdoms has a future or is followed up by a different castle theme, this set would give it a worthy conclusion.

Keeping my fingers crossed for more castle news in Summer wave 2012!! :sweet:

3) the black falcons knight is quite original and if i am not mistaking has a black helm? :thumbup: That would be a first :wub:

You have a good eye, I mistook it for pearl black or what it's called!

As brilliant as this set is, I do hope they make some changes before the final product. One being the use of a generic dragon knight under the new armor instead of changing it to be more unique for this new Falcon. And the second being the dark green plume instead of a dark blue. I will change it if they don't, but if it is more like the Falcons of the past, they shouldn't use it dark green and use a dragon body. Other than the shield it doesn't feel like much of a new character then.

I do really love the new armor piece and the new barding. The new shield is neat too, a nice little update. I am disappointed that the new barding/armor doesn't have an eagle crest anywhere though. Since all the other bardings have their crest somewhere on there, this new one is pretty generic. Don't get me wrong, I love how it looks and am glady accepting it. I just find it odd they didn't include that in the barding since every other faction has it in their barding.

Two sets does look really neat back to back, but one set alone is pretty remarkable, plus at over 1500 pieces for $120, sounds great to me. When I first showed my wife the new pictures she said "that looks really neat." And I said well it is two sets back to back and she said "oh, well why don't you get two." I love that woman.

I will be getting a ridiculous amount of legos come Christmas time, so I won't even have time to build this until probably February/March at the earliest.

Hmm, spend $120 USD and get one nice set, or spend $240 USD (and go broke) to get two of said set to make great jousting area that could double as the entrance to a castle... I'm really considering the second option. When I first saw the picture, I didn't see the others, and I immediately noticed the new shield for our Falcon knight. The figures are pretty good. I don't have the queen or the Lion Champion. So the the figures are making the buy worth it.

The way it is designed with two joust centers look very professional. It looks like they brought an AFOL to build it. :thumbup:

I'm torn on the new faction for the Falcon Knight though. Do we want a reincarnation that could possibly mar the vision and memories we have of the old sets, or are we fine with one knight?

On the bright side, the last jousting tournament set we had was horrible(KK2)! So this is a major improvement!

A thing I just noticed is that no large shield is included.

Instead we have the little ones for the knights, they could use the large ones, would seem better IMO.

I hope they become a new faction, for I'd like some soldiers. My only complaint is the green feather. It looks out of place to me. I'll probably replace it with a blue one though. And again, it doesn't seem like TLG would do this, I'm really confused because of the different tower designs, lone Black Knight, and different shapes. I need a pic of one of them! :sing:

I would think a white feather would look better. I think that if a new Black Falcons faction is released, they should be black and white. No other colours. And then a colourful group of forestmen, as said before, but have the Forestmen be the villains.

A thing I just noticed is that no large shield is included.

Instead we have the little ones for the knights, they could use the large ones, would seem better IMO.

I'm not so sure of that, Lego using that shield is pretty close to this....jousting.jpg