I Scream Clone

New Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Holy snap! That looks amazing! *oh2*

Am I dreaming, or is it April 1st or something? Crikey that's a beautiful set!

That far surpasses my expectations. It's huge and incredibly detailed. I'm so glad that I picked up the MMV and all the Kingdoms sets, as this will go along with all of them perfectly! I want to go on about all the fantastic details, but I'm essentially speechless for now. Thank you TLC!

This is certainly a nice surprise. The set looks to be a perfect parts pack with a great assortment of castle figures and usable bricks. It's interesting to see that it can be combined with a second copy to complete the towers and the bridge. While not nearly as nice as the MMV, it certainly looks like good value at under 10 cents a brick. I look forward to snapping up a few of these when they become available..

I wish this falcon knight mean there will be more falcon-based sets next year. Which means there will be castle sets next year!

<picks jaw up off floor>

All I can say is WOW. This may qualify as the best castle set of all time.

I'd love a return on the Black Falcons, but I do believe this is the Kingdoms' final set. I would love to be proven wrong though.

final set of the kingdom red soldiers whom are a red version of the crownies and loosely based on the original crusader lion knights..

BUT.... a new set for the new Falcon Kingdom.. and this set would be a great set to end the red kingdom knights and introduce the black falcon

I wold love that to be the case and for TLG to go back to having some crossover when new factions are introduces / old ones phased out. Hopefully this will mean we get Falcon Vs Dragon for a while, before Dragon get their own "goodbye" set and are replaced with something else. Probably a wild dream though :classic:

Loving the look of 10223 though and can see it doing very very well.

I like it and will definitely be picking up a copy, although I am a bit disappointed with some of the minifigs. The Falcon knight, Prince and Princess are great - and I'll take a queen as I didn't bother to pick up an Advent Calendar but the rest are disappointing - the king is the same as in the King's Carriage and the armour on the Lion knight is the same as that in Prison Tower Rescue, the stable boy has a torso from the MMV and the Lion Soldiers I already have a bunch of.

Still a very nice set that will go well with existing Kingdoms sets/MMV. My only hope is an Aussie retailer gets it as an exclusive and there's a chance to get it at less than the Aussie RRP on sale.

Edited by TeufelHund

This just tops my expectations! I have to have this set and I don't think I'll be taking it apart for the pieces!

Holy hell! This set exceeds my expectations by far! :oh:

I did not think there would be a castle wall included, just a bunch of stalls and tents with the jousting fence. And the new figs are certainly to die for (the princess's dress really is perfect elven maiden material).

I do agree the first picture is misleading - especially when put first like that - but on the other hand I wouldn't want to pay for several stalls that are exactly the same. It's nice that the designers have thought about the AFOLs who like to buy multiples in this way.

Wow....I thought my wallet was going to have an easy first year..This proves once again I'm wrong. This set is one of the best sets our dear Danish company has ever released.

Wow. I'm a big castle fan, and this set is simply amazing. It stinks that you have to get two of them to duplicate the first picture, but even a single one of these is still fantastic. As someone else said, it would make a great entrance to the Lion Knight kingdom. Also, the Falcon Knight seems to suggest that Kingdoms will continue with a new faction. Overall, a fantastic set, and I can't wait to get one!

See, this is why I knew I was going to buy this set before I even saw it.

Originally I was picturing a large set of bleachers with an awning above them. While that would also have been cool, this idea is so much better.

• Two towers with a bridge design. Awesome.
  • New Falcon figure. Awesome.
  • Design and colour of blue building sections obviously designed to match MMV. Awesome.
  • New female dress. Awesome.
  • Two soldiers who can replace the 'Crown' soldiers in MMV and let the two exclusive sets match each other better. Awesome.
  • I don't know where to end. Awesome.

I knew when I got the MMV that there would eventually be another exclusive set to make it even more awesome. Lego have surpassed my every expectation.

This might be a somewhat disappointing theory, but...

I think the falcon knight might be no sign for a return of the falcons... if TLG just used it as an homage to the well-known Black Knight myth.

As most of you know, in most movies and books there is a mysterious black knight who appears in the joust. To put this myth into a fig AND allude to a faction of the past, they made the black falcon. This was necessary because there is already a dark green horse barding and TLG needed to introduce at least one that is new. Fans would have been furious if there was only the red and dark green ones in the set that they already have.

But black knights always come ALONE...

One thing that i don't quite understand is this: "Combine 2 Kingdoms Joust sets". Does that mean that the set is actually devided into 2 seperate sets, or that you can combine 2 sets to get a closed circle?

Edited by metalandi

That is one beautiful set. :wub: :wub: I must have it. :grin:

I find it misleading that Eurobricks shows a combine of two sets on the frontpage.

It's not Eurobricks, it's Lego's main picture for this set.

It looks awesome, especially with two sets combined as in the first pic (though it's quite false advertising not to stress that point - it is not mentioned at all in the Lego Shop's Facebook pictures, for example). I'm really happy that they chose to include a Falcon Knight instead of a Dragon Knight, just as I wished! On other hand, it's a bit shame that only three of the minifigures are novel and interesting, but then the said three are all very beautiful indeed! If only they had changed one of the thirteen-in-a-dozen Lion guards to another peasant...

Not as "dream come true" as Medieval Mill Village or Mill Village Rai (or Siskind's Blacksmith Shop), but certainly a "must buy". Or "must buy two", to be exact.

Yes... it's a bit disappointing because the set is good enough already, they don't have to 'cheat' to make it look even more impressive. It would have been nicer to show us the standalone set first... and THEN show us what happens when you combine two. It's a shame the two sets don't lock together, except that the bases of the flags have been moved over slightly.

What they don't show you is what happens when you combine two of the royal stage to make it twice as long. Also you'd be able to make the knights' tents much bigger. And you could fiddle around with the two smaller buildings to make them look less identical.

Buy even more sets and you can give the towers another floor and make the bridge much longer. I can't wait to see what happens when MOCers combine two, or four, or six of this set...

loving this set! the MMV was so nice that I got 2 in the end, looks like its gonna be the same for 'KJ' as well!

Nice maiden with the sandgreen prints, some clever techniques of the build, and the black knight is much love - 1 to be used in a joust, the other to feature in Monty Python's "Quest for the Holy Grail" - if anyone remembers the knight in the forest scene lol..

Also, having just watched the HBO series Game of Thrones, the Kingdoms sets suddenly dawn like the Lannisters to me! lol, what with the lion head crests and emblems.. the new maiden in KJ resembles Sansa or Cersei, and the nobleman reminds me of Eddard stark..

definitely a 5/5 set for playabilty, details, new minifigs etc..

but a 2.5/5 since we'd just have to get 2 sets to get that awe-inspiring first picture look. :)

Edited by Tomcat RIO

I'm realy impressed.

But should I buy one or two. Two sets look more solid. At the other hand, on display You can only see one side of this set.

I'm realy looking forward building this set.

The release of this set makes me wonder, Does TLC scan these forums and release what a lot of people want.

A couple of years / months ago a lot of people wanted more civilian sets. And TLC released MMV and the Mill Village raid.

I remember people wanted a joust set like set 6060 Knights challege, and here it is.

I like it they split the set in 2. Otherwise you had to spent double the money for the set. 240 euro, I don't think I'd buy it with that pricetag. Now you can buy a realy good set for +/- 120 euro, and if you want you can buy 2 and make it even look better.

Anyway, I like this set. And will definitly buy (at least) one.

Fenrir

Edited by fenrir