Hi, I begin this topic to present you all my creations.

I made today a garbage truck designed for the eleventh SeTechnic contest.

It's a small truck, near Lego City scale.

There is four functions :

- steering, like mini mobile crane #8067

- loading system for garbage

- two systems to compress waste

It's a very small truck, but I'm happy because it works very good :)

dscf1075.jpg

dscf1081.jpg

dscf1084.jpg

And the video to show how it works :

I hope you'll like it :)

Incredible mini truck, amazing functions for this scale, great smallest work that I have ever seen... Looks like a Lego real set...

Edited by jorgeopesi

Hi !

Thanks for comments :)

I made Building Instructions, avaible here

You can watch it on google documents, but not in HQ. To get HQ Building Instructions, you have to download it.

Hi,

I recently made this yellow tow truck, different of official Lego model (#8285), whitch features steering on front axle, fake V8 engine with two rear axles, M motor to work outrigers, lifting and telescoping arm, and pneumatic track to use the tow fork. I spent about 15 hours to made two releases for design.

dscf1364.jpg

This is the review.

The design is that of an American truck, yellow as can be found on the highway (In France). A long bonnet hides a V8, with a good square front grille, lights, turn signals and size indicators.

On the cabin, there are details: lights with LEDs, horns, flashing lights, mirrors, and inside, the cabin has a dashboard, steering wheel and two seats (blue). Behind the cab there are two exhausts, a pump, and a fake pump.

dscf1365.jpg

dscf1366.jpg

The length of the truck was the most difficult to manage. With only 3 axles, it should not be a very long truck.

Under the cab and on each side, there are tanks (with curved panels 3x11) that give a good shape, and footboard.

Advancing on the back and along the chassis, there is before the rear axles panels that hide access to the controls, also made ​​with 3x11 boards.

dscf1369.jpg

At the rear, the two tools are distinct from truck by color is red and the crane towing fork is gray. This allows to separate the moving parts of the truck, but the outriggers would also needed a specific color.

dscf1370.jpg

In conclusion, the design which required the largest part of working time has finally succeeded. Some things can be discussed, but I think I improved a maximum.

Steering is very classic and very effective. From the HOG an axis dives along the cabin, and after an angle made ​​by two knobs a 12t slides a rack. The turning radius is approximately 40cm.

The V8 engine is driven by two rear axles, an axis follow the chassis, then up 4 studs (with a loose wheel to cross-axis direction), before driving the crankshaft.

dscf1374.jpg

A M motor drives a 3-speed gearbox, with a first 12/20 reduction.

With it I can run telescopic arm, lifting arm and outriggers. It looks like #8258 gearbox.

dscf1377.jpg

The winch is manual, and held by two 16t which one of a friction pin.

Finally, the pneumatic system to deploy the fork towing (almost to the ground) by a cylinder and a mini cylinder.

I made two videos : one for the first design version and one for the second design version.

I hope you'll like it :)

That is a really sweet truck!

good looking and nice functions.

I think the telescopic arm goes dangerously fast though :tongue:

(might want to gear that down a bit)

I'm always asking the next question, so might to it this time aswell:

Instructions? :sweet:

If you build this in 15 hours, that's pretty fast. How did you plan and approach this MOC? Like to know...

Edited by captainmib

Instructions? :sweet:

If you build this in 15 hours, that's pretty fast. How did you plan and approach this MOC? Like to know...

Thanks for comment. I'll make photo building instructions later, I think next week.

To build this MOC, I knew precisely what I wanted to make.

My specifications was composed of:

Use a motor M for mechanical functions (outriggers and arm)

Use a pneumatic system for the towing fork

After reflection, I thought that using the same 8258's kind of "gearbox" was a good idea, not to have problems in mechanics.

I prefer create from things reliable and make small innovations rather than make some "never seen" which doesn't work.

Other functions were easy to implement (steering and transmission).

The most difficult part was the make design, you can compare in the videos.

Hi again. It's not a MOC, but a modification of the famous supersonic RC 8366.

I post it here just to say that RC kit is my collection :)

dscf1430.jpg

dscf1436.jpg

And an amazing video (stay quiet, the cat is fine right now :D)

I personally think that lights are a bit too close to each other, and would look better in one pair only. Other than that, the car looks outstanding!

Hi

wow that is high performance Lego. Are that all the regular parts of the 8366? The Motor look pretty fast and strong. Are te axles still the normal black technic axles?

If all answers are a "yes", i will know what is next to do.... ;)

Dino

Hi

wow that is high performance Lego. Are that all the regular parts of the 8366? The Motor look pretty fast and strong. Are te axles still the normal black technic axles?

If all answers are a "yes", i will know what is next to do.... ;)

Dino

Yes, I changed about 10-15 parts from the 8366, but all other are the same.

RC motors come from the 8475, but they are the same on the 8366.

And yes, axles are the normal black technic axles.

I know what you will do now :devil:

nice job on the car, and man, that thing flies! How do you manage to get the car to drift on the tile? Dont the tires have enough grip to no slide?

tim

Hi!

I present my studless version of pneumatic crane truck #8460.

dscf1766.jpg

I designed it for the 12th SeTechnic contest :)

It features the same functions that the model from 1995.

You can find the complete review on my website.

I designed it for the 12th SeTechnic contest :)

Oh, he forgets one thing : he won the contest ! :tongue:

;)

This is really nice truck. So small, and so many functions. I will definitely build this one.

My latest (last ? - In don't know the good word) creation : a snow groomer.

I used orange parts because the usual red exaust me...

There are 6 functions, 5 functions by Power Function and one manually, 4 M motors, 2 IR receiver and 1 Battery Box (obviously).

DSCF2096.JPG

DSCF2099.JPG

Edited by Cypr-21

@ Cypr-21: Nice snow groomer! :thumbup: Yes, the correct word is "latest" -- if it were your "last" creation, you would never make any more Lego MOCs ever again! Avez-vous de la neige pour le conduire dedans ? (Do you have any snow to drive it in?)