Kaitan

Luke and Han on Hoth plus extras LDD WIP

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Ok here's the start of my entry.

First off, thanks to M<0><0<DSWIM for letting me use his MoodLand Scale figures - I asked before I started just so we weren't working on the same idea.

I've chosen to work in LDD because I'm finding my lack of bricks frustrating, and I refuse to Bricklink orders for bricks I know I have tons of, but they are all in storage where I can't get to them!

Anyhoo, here we have Luke in his cold weather gear. Still needs a bit of work, but overall I'm pleased with him :)

6196874649_5ea19165bf_b.jpg

6197390948_dec2573f58_b.jpg

6196874747_51e3777817_b.jpg

Now here's Han. Not so happy with him - His furry hood just won't go right and his blaster needs tweaking too.

6196874803_be694bbcbf_b.jpg

6196874867_61fcd0edba_b.jpg

And a sneak peek at things to come...

6196874583_6e845d0938_b.jpg

UPDATE -

Finished the Tauntaun - or at least as finished as he is going to be in LDD. I would've given him reigns and a bit more tack but LDD's flex tool was playing up, and I lost patience with it :classic:

6281276190_7aebce59a3_b.jpg

6280758269_a1f2c5f83b_b.jpg

6281275860_507de72920_b.jpg

I did try to work some more on Han, but just couldn't come up with anything better than my first try.

Comments and constructive criticism welcome :)

Kaitan

I'm so excited to see someone else working in this scale! :excited: I already commented on Flickr about Luke's lightsaber. Some other details you might try adding to Luke would be his scarf that hangs down the side of his hat and maybe a trans green 1x2 tile for his goggles over the brim of his hat. Han's lookin cool, but i agree the hood looks odd. I would try using plates rather than bricks to represent the sides. Maybe use a couple of those parts you used on the side of Luke's head and attach plates with tiles over them. Also, I can't wait to see that Taun Taun finished! :excited:

Very cool looking! :thumbup: I really like Luke but, like you said, Han needs some work. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! :thumbup:

These are really nice Kaitan, I love Han's gun and Luke's legs, I don't think Han's hood is to bad though. I'm looking forward to the final versions.

I've updated the first post with new pics, let me know what you think.

Can I ask a Mod to change the title for me - Add a [MOC] and remove the WIP - I've done about as much as I want to on this :laugh:

Thanks

Kaitan

Edited by Kaitan

I've updated the first post with new pics, let me know what you think.

Can I ask a Mod to change the title for me - Add a [MOC] and remove the WIP - I've done about as much as I want to on this :laugh:

Thanks

Kaitan

Very nice work, man! That Taun Taun looks great! :thumbup: I particularly like the parts usage for the head and the parts used for the "arms". :sweet: Personally, I would've used hinge plates/bricks to make the legs and feet poseable, but I don't think it's necessary. :wink:

Excellent 'Mood-Land' style creations 'Kaitan'.....Luke on his Tauntaun is AWESOME ! :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

Very nice work, man! That Taun Taun looks great! :thumbup: I particularly like the parts usage for the head and the parts used for the "arms". :sweet: Personally, I would've used hinge plates/bricks to make the legs and feet poseable, but I don't think it's necessary. :wink:

Yep I thought about making it poseable, but it took so long to get the basic shapes somewhere close to right, the thought of rebuilding it to add joints sends me into a cold sweat! Maybe if I was building it for real , but fighting with LDD has just about killed me :)

Edited by Kaitan

The Tauntaun is great! You really should make one of the moodland scale figures in real, do you think you would have enough parts to build it?

These are excellent and a great addition to the community build! :cry_happy:

Great Tauntaun Kaitan :thumbup:, I love it, what people can do on LDD is amasing. Are those T-Rex arms or dragon arms?

The Tauntaun is great! You really should make one of the moodland scale figures in real, do you think you would have enough parts to build it?

I have done a small brick link order to make a couple of imperial snow troopers - soon as I can get decent pictures taken I'll post them.

Great Tauntaun Kaitan :thumbup:, I love it, what people can do on LDD is amasing. Are those T-Rex arms or dragon arms?

LDD lists them as "62577 Foreleg right" and "62578 Foreleg left" but I can't find them on brick link using those details - They look like the dragon arms to me, but it's difficult to tell , brick link's pictures aren't very good. I will say, I made this in 'Universe Mode' in LDD, meaning you can use any part in any colour, so it may not be possible to make this in real bricks...

Thanks for all your c&c's guys (that's to everyone!) Much appreciated!

Kaitan

I have done a small brick link order to make a couple of imperial snow troopers - soon as I can get decent pictures taken I'll post them.

[...]

Then I'm looking forward to it. :classic:

About the arms, they are certainly not from the dragon, as they have those curves right under their arms. I checked BL too, but neither I could find this part. :sceptic:

About the arms, they are certainly not from the dragon, as they have those curves right under their arms. I checked BL too, but neither I could find this part. :sceptic:

Could they be from the golden dragon form the Orient Explores set.

Could they be from the golden dragon form the Orient Explores set.

You mean from this set? I'm pretty sure it's neither the arms of this dragon, as the only difference from the standard model are the head and tail piece.

You mean from this set? I'm pretty sure it's neither the arms of this dragon, as the only difference from the standard model are the head and tail piece.

Yes that set, My mistake I thought it had new arms as well as a new head and tail :blush:.