Sign in to follow this  
HAGGAR

[MOC] Garfield: A Hollywood Heroic Frenzy

This is my 1st MOC post of Movie theme, hope you like it and do share with me you views and comments.

=========================================================================================

1317282546m_DISPLAY.jpg

Front view, from right to left:

- Jedi Garfield

- Superman Garfield

- Batman Garfield

- 007 Garfield

- Spider-Man Garfield

1317282290m_DISPLAY.jpg

Right View

1317282300m_DISPLAY.jpg

Left view

1317282513m_DISPLAY.jpg

Top View

1317282524m_DISPLAY.jpg

Back View

=========================================================================================

Garfield has always had an unique place in me since childhood. I was always very curious to find out how the fat, lazy and cynical cat would looks like if he puts on the costume of a super hero? So this is it, a cross-over between the most famous cat in the world with some of the iconic Movie Heros:

1. Jedi Knight from Star Wars

Memorable Quote: "May the Force be with you"

1317282179m_DISPLAY.jpg

1317282321m_DISPLAY.jpg

The Star Wars series revolves around the rise, decline and revival of Jedi Knights. Yoda is definitely one of the most famous Jedi Master in the series. For this reason, I have incorporated Yoda's pointed ears in the Jedi Garfield.

71d029e52e_19012956_o2.jpg

Boots, loose-fitting pants and a cloak typically accompanied the Jedi garment. The non-elaborate outfit mirrored their attachment-free philosophy, as well as showing their requirement to live almost devoid of luxury and also their devotion to service.

747px-ThreeJedi.jpg

Three Jedi in variations of the traditional Jedi robes. <Photo sourced from Wookieepedia>

2. Clark Kent/ Kal-El from Superman

Memorable Quote: "Truth, Justice and the American Way"

1317282231m_DISPLAY.jpg

Superman is an American cultural icon and the character has appeared in various media aside from comic books. He is commonly seen as a brave and kind-hearted hero with a strong sense of justice, morality and righteousness. Superman adheres to a strict, traditional moral code (attributed to the Midwestern values with which he was raised) can be rather rigid in this trait.

1317282331m_DISPLAY.jpg

My design make reference to the classic style of actor Christopher Revee: wearing a red cape, briefs, boots, blue pants and yellow belt, reflecting "Truth, Justice and the American Way"

superman_pic.jpg

<Picture sourced from www.capewonder.com>

3. Bruce Wayne from Batman

Memorable Quote: "I'm Batman!"

To the world at large, Bruce has created an irresponsible, superficial playboy persona to the public. Nevertheless, this is just an aid in throwing off suspicion of his secret identity as Batman. The driving force behind Batman's character is from his traumatic childhood, having his parents murdered before his own eyes. Dressed as a bat, Batman deliberately cultivates a frightening persona in order to challenge his own fear of the night animal.

1317282169m_DISPLAY.jpg

The figure design comes from the 1989 Tim Burton Batman movie starring Michael Keaton.

1317301546m_DISPLAY.jpg

This pose is based on the final scene, where Batman stands on the top of a building with the spotlight shining the Bat logo behind him.

1317282342m_DISPLAY.jpg

1317282382m_DISPLAY.jpg

1317301545m_DISPLAY.jpg

4. James Bond from 007

Memorable Quote: "Bond, James Bond"

1317282500m_DISPLAY.jpg

Bond is a secret agent who held the rare Double-O prefix – the licence to kill in the Secret Service. He is probably the most famous British Secret Service Agent and always like to dress in his favorite black tuxedo.

1317282646m_DISPLAY.jpg

This figure concept celebrates 007's classic pose: standing in an elegant British gentleman's posture with his right hand holding a Walter PPK.

dr-no-mid.jpg

5. Peter Parker from Spider-Man (a.k.a. "Spidy")

Classic Quote: "With Great Power, come Great Responsibilities"

1317282372m_DISPLAY.jpg

1317282361m_DISPLAY.jpg

1317282434m_DISPLAY.jpg

A scene from the first episode inspired me, where Peter sad alone on the Eagle Gargolyes of New York's famous landmark Chrysler Building showing his "Web-Shooters"

1317316284m_DISPLAY.jpg

The Eagle Gargolyes of Chrysler Building, New York

1317316282m_DISPLAY.jpg

33b8b6389770bf893a66461de76c663d.jpg

Legendary writer-editor-publisher Stan Lee, illustrating the famous "Web-Shooters" pose

Many friends have offer their help to me during the production: Peter Reid for sending lots of orange bricks to me, Arzlan for giving me a lot of special and unique orange parts to me, Any Bear for also giving me a lot of plates in order to finish this MOC.....the name list could go on and on for at least and other thousands word but do let me express my heartfelt thanks to all of you.

And, last but not the least, I'd like to also thank everyone who like this MOC and your comments and encourage is fueling me with new energy to carry on this project. :wub:

As you can see, there is actually a 1:1 Garfield version work in process - right now I only have the face completed and there is much more to work on - but I'd like to build this progressively and share my love with the Orange Fat Cat with you once it is completed, so wish me luck and I look forward to talk to you all soon! :laugh:

Edited by HAGGAR

great job Haggar ! I love it !

My son loves Garfield, he will be happy.

In my own, BatCat is a little bit under the level of the others because more difficult to recognize the fat orange cat under.

Your presentation is very clever .

The Face is the back view is just perfect !

No problems with your neibourghs ? No curious people during your shot ? *huh*

Edited by lego-maniac

great job Haggar ! I love it !

My son loves Garfield, he will be happy.

In my own, BatCat is a little bit under the level of the others because more difficult to recognize the fat orange cat under.

Your presentation is very clever .

The Face is the back view is just perfect !

No problems with your neibourghs ? No curious people during your shot ? *huh*

Thanks Maniac!

(What a pleasant suprise while I am still editing the post....!)

Cat under the mask is indeed quite difficult to build - but for a first time LEGO figuer, I am quite please about all 5 Garfield Heros. The bigger Garfield you see at the back is still work in progress, as I'd like to build a full size Garfield Cat with movable body parts (assuming I don't get lay-off by my Bank and have the money to continue buying more bricks....)

The photos was taken in a nice sunny Sunday morning, where most of my neibourghs is either asleep or going to church, so it starts out OK, but once the model were reassemble and photo taking in place, more and more gather and start taking photos with their mobile phone. (Some of them even ask where is the set available!) But overall it is a happy conversation and I feel happy people general likes this MOC.

Edited by HAGGAR

Wow, what an amazing creation! I love Garfield as much as I love superheroes, so this is a perfect crossover for me! There are so many good techniques being used here, and everything from the bases to the different alterations of the famous comic cat are very recognizable and well built! The addition of brick-built classic quotes are the icing on the cake! (Mmmh... cake. :grin: ) My favorite part, however, would have to be the regular Garfield head in the back. It's just so spot-on, and I can't wait to see your full-body rendition of him! :sweet:

The only thing that I would improve on, if any, would be to make Batman's eyes white and make the building below him gray in order to fit the bleak look of Gotham.

Great job all around, and keep it up! :thumbup:

Oh, these are so funny and yet so smegging AWESOME 'HAGGER' ! :excited:

007 and Yoda models are just the bomb, I :wub: the designs ! :moar:

Brick On 'HAGGER' with lasagna ! :roflmao:

I love Garfield :wub: ! I love to read his comics! This is an extremely creative MOC and the figures look just like Garfield! :thumbup: Are you planning on an Odie?

Wow, what an amazing creation! I love Garfield as much as I love superheroes, so this is a perfect crossover for me! There are so many good techniques being used here, and everything from the bases to the different alterations of the famous comic cat are very recognizable and well built! The addition of brick-built classic quotes are the icing on the cake! (Mmmh... cake. :grin: ) My favorite part, however, would have to be the regular Garfield head in the back. It's just so spot-on, and I can't wait to see your full-body rendition of him! :sweet:

The only thing that I would improve on, if any, would be to make Batman's eyes white and make the building below him gray in order to fit the bleak look of Gotham.

Great job all around, and keep it up! :thumbup:

It's a great honor to receive such compliment from the Grand Duke! Thanks Oky. This is actually my entry to a local LEGO competition on Classic Movie, a build with my own passion and love of Garfield and all my favorite Super Heros. Sadly they were banned from entering into the 2nd round - but never mind, at least I have given my full heart to it and I am pleased with my first attempt to LEGO figuer.

Obvisously there is a lot of room for improvement and I do appreciate your frank comments on the work. Unfortunately grey have always been the more expensive color and it's also slightly difficult to source bricks in large quantity in Hong Kong without S@H, but I'll see what I can improve on it!

Oh, these are so funny and yet so smegging AWESOME 'HAGGER' ! :excited:

007 and Yoda models are just the bomb, I :wub: the designs ! :moar:

Brick On 'HAGGER' with lasagna ! :roflmao:

Hee hee heeee ~ Pasta (especially Lassagna) is also my favorite food and this is probably one of the many reason I like the cat! :pir-laugh:

I love Garfield :wub: ! I love to read his comics! This is an extremely creative MOC and the figures look just like Garfield! :thumbup: Are you planning on an Odie?

You're right, Odie (as well as Nermal, Arlene & Pooky) is definitely a must for the Garfield family ~ don't you think it would be interesting to have Odie dressed as Robin, Arlene as one of the Bond Girls, and Nermal as Vadar against Yoda? The imagination is endless and I'd love to continue with this project! :pir-wink:

What an amazing and highly-entertaining collection of MOCs to look at! The Garfield-crossover idea is truly a winner and you've pulled each of the Garfield impersonations beautifully in brick-built. This really made my day, great job HAGGAR and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Garfield+Other awesome licences+very clever building techniques=absolutely amazingness :wub:

What an amazing and highly-entertaining collection of MOCs to look at! The Garfield-crossover idea is truly a winner and you've pulled each of the Garfield impersonations beautifully in brick-built. This really made my day, great job HAGGAR and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Thanks Cero and Kiel for you encouraging words!