Oky

MOC: SCATT

6191705072_fa1247576f_z.jpg

Greetings, Space Rangers! This is the latest entry in my series of MOCs based on the old and underrated cartoon Buzz Lightyear of Star Command!

p1110075_small.jpg

The SCATT (Star Command Armed Troop Transport) features six large, individually shock-absorbed wheels for ultimate grip and flexibility that allows the vehicle to drive any kind of terrain.

p1110109_small.jpg

p1110113_small.jpg

Here you can see the shocks in action!

p1110081_small.jpg

p1110084_small.jpg

On top of the vehicle there is a turret that can rotate 360 degrees and aim up and down from where XR can shoot down any attacking enemies.

p1110086_small.jpg

The rear hatch of the SCATT can open up to form a boarding ramp.

p1110077_small.jpg

p1110078_small.jpg

All space rangers to your stations!

6191705080_e51242b373_z.jpg

The top part of the SCATT opens up to reveal the interior. It seats six Space Rangers comfortably, including the pilot.

6191705084_f89fc9ca71_z.jpg

An overview without the rangers. The interior features a cargo container and several storage compartments.

p1110095_small.jpg

The equipment of the SCATT includes a monitoring station with a radar and other scanners for detecting suspicious activity. The container that goes next to it can be easily removed.

p1110099_small.jpg

On the other side there is a weapons rack with various heavy blasters. Of course every Space Ranger has a standard-issue wrist laser built into their suit, but sometimes you just need a bit more firepower. :wink:

p1110100_small.jpg

A small corridor connects the troop bay with the cockpit.

p1110103_small.jpg

Inside the cockpit, Buzz Lightyear drives this beast and operates the two laser cannons.

p1110090_small.jpg

I don't have any reference of the actual vehicle from the show unfortunately, but you can briefly see a part of it in the intro to the show, being chewed on by a giant purple monster at 0:37.

And here we have Buzz Lightyear and his heroic team of Space Rangers! As you can see, brave beings from all over the galaxy join Star Command! Who is that handsome human next to Buzz? :wink:

p1110116_small.jpg

I'd like to use this opportunity to show off the accurate Zurg blaster I built. Also, I made some of his robot "Hornet" minions.

6191705090_a56e9836ba_z.jpg

p1110120_small.jpg

p1110118_small.jpg

Some more views of the blaster. Sadly, the barrels can't rotate, but at least it looks a whole lot more accurate than TLG's.

p1110121_small.jpg

p1110124_small.jpg

You can find more pictures in this Brickshelf folder. Please let me know what you think!

To infinity... and beyond! OkyWanKenobiNormal1.png

Very nice Oky! :thumbup: Reminds me a bit of the CTT. :tongue: It's a pretty cool tank none the less though!

And I really like what you've done with his gun. :wub:

Smegging AWESOME 'Oky', dude it's just the bomb ! :excited:

Everything about it screams " Toinfinity ... and beyond!"

Brick On against Zorg 'Oky' ! :grin:

Nice looking star command vehicle Oky! The crisp transitions in the build make it look like an official set! Doesn't look like theres much room to move around though, but that's really minor. All and all a great creation :sweet: ! Even though the name kinda surprises me :tongue:

Beautiful! I remember this show like it was yesterday. It looks just like something TLG would make. Now where's Zurg's base? :laugh: And Zurg's blaster is just :wub: . Great work!

Great model! Love the big wheels. :grin: Thanks for sharing!

This was such a great show. It brings me many fond memories. :cry_happy:

It's great to see aliens in the Star Command uniform. :classic: If only we had had this with Space Police III. Oh well, we never know what the future is going to bring.

Very exciting and nice creation indeed, Oky! :thumbup:

The Toy Story series appears to be yet another movie lagger (together with Prince of Persia :hmpf_bad: ) in Hong Kong and I'd never expect there is anything to do with this series. However, you totally amaze me by creating MOC form it - the Tank really inspire me and fuel me with ideas to continue seeking new ways to brick and build. :wub:

Th tank is obviously most eye-cathing, however, I am equally impressed by the new Zurg blaster as well as the "Hornet" minions you create - the accurate reassemble does takes a lot of deep thinking, despite its small in size and limited number of parts.

Thanks again for sharing your work to us!

Think infinity... and Build beyond!

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you like it! :classic:

It's funny that I've seen n this post alone the spellings Zurg, Zorg and Zerg.

May I add a Zyrg and a Zirg?

I don't mean to be rude, but no, you may not. Zorg is the unhappy guy from Fifth Element, and Zerg are a race in StarCraft, both of which are popular Sci-Fi villains, so I can understand the confusion. But a currency and some place in Iran have nothing to do with this, or anything else for that matter. This just seems like a pointless way to revive a topic to me. :sceptic:

I love the tank and your multiple space rangers, I've never seen anything but an Oky head or a Buzz head on a Buzz.

Was anyone else mislead by the title then relieved to see what the thread was really about?

Was anyone else mislead by the title then relieved to see what the thread was really about?

Yeah....

To those who are lucky enough to not know what were talking about, for the love of God don't google it and find out.

Wow i missed this back in it's day... I can not count how many levels of awesome this is!

Wow i missed this back in it's day... I can not count how many levels of awesome this is!

Thanks!

You think you can make The 42 Star Cruiser?

Hm, as much as I would love to build one, Star Cruiser 42 would be too large to make in minifig scale, but a mini scale model might be something to think about...

Either way, I definitely want to get back to making BLoSC MOCs someday!

By the way, I have since replaced the trans-neon dish on Zurg's blaster with that new printed gauge piece from the TMNT sets which is a perfect representation of the gauge on Zurg's blaster.