Andrew Lowe

Good Value Used Sets

I just returned from the dark ages and was looking for some good value sets t add to the collection. I just picked up 8385, from ebay for around 27 pounds in the UK, after building it i though the price for the set was awesome, even on bricklink it goes for around 40 pounds, still good value in my opinion.

Are there any other sets that anyone has found tha they think represent good value?

Thanks

oopse i meant the 8386! awesome set and i have no idea why it is selling used for so cheap! Are there any other value priced used sets to look out for?

Wow, the 8386 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10 for 27 Pounds was a good deal! It originally sold for the equivalent of US$70 in 2004 ( = 44.67 Pounds).

8386-1.jpg

The best eBay deals are on sets that are missing a few parts. Folks tend not to bid on those auctions as much, so the final sale price is A LOT LOWER than one would pay for a complete set. One can get the missing parts from Bricklink for a few coins and *presto* you got yourself a good deal. :classic:

The best eBay deals are on sets that are missing a few parts. Folks tend not to bid on those auctions as much, so the final sale price is A LOT LOWER than one would pay for a complete set. One can get the missing parts from Bricklink for a few coins and *presto* you got yourself a good deal. :classic:

Very true.

Same when the model sold is very dusty.

Cleaning parts or buying parts on Bricklink is not a big deal. And it can save a lot of money, especially for the big sets (those which are generally sold about 200€ when in "good condition").

True!

I got most of my large sets that way (8880 for 35euro, 8466 fo 45 euro, williams f1 for 45 euro etc...)

8386 has another "problem" (why it ha so low price): it's too simple, it's out of scale with other technic formulas and was cheap when new. So, price around 40 euro is normal for this set (I got mine partially assembed - it looks like someone gave up - for 12 euro plus postage)