Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] Cody and Rex (final)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Thanks to everybody here and on Flickr for helpful comments/suggestions/ideas. I'm glad I posted these figs as WIPs first! :classic:

codyrex1.jpg

Mad props to Brickdoctor for giving me the idea (a while back) of using minifig arms as rebreathers.

codyrex2.jpg

"Alas, poor Battle Droid, I knew him well!" This is the first time I've used customized stickers on a build, as well.

codyrex3.jpg

Again, thanks to Brickdoctor for saying "Those battle droids' bodies look a bit chunky." Between Flickr and here, I shrunk the lower torsos by 1 stud width. :wink:

codyrex4.jpg

Absolutely wonderful job on these M<0><0<DSWIM, Rex is a work of art, the wepons are very cleverly done as well and those first 3 pictures are great.

Also great idea Brickdoctor on the minifigs arms idea, very inspired.

This is great. Both Cody and Rex as the battle droids. :wub:

Not to mention the posing and blasters rifles. :wub:

I'm wondering though, shouldn't the back piece of the battle droid be a little shorter?

Edited by Hollander

Great 'figs, 'M<0><0>DSWIM', exellent posing as well. The only problem I can see is that Rex's Jaig eyes are placed like this:

^ ^

In the show, his Jaig eyes are closer together, as seen here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:RexPhaseII-IGN.jpg

But otherwise, great work!

I agree, the Jaig eyes aren't exact, but, the stickers I used are from an Exo-Force sticker sheet I happened to have lying around, so I wasn't too worried if they weren't exact. :wink:

This is great. Both Cody and Rex as the battle droids. :wub:

Not to mention the posing and blasters rifles. I'm wondering though, shouldn't the back piece of the battle droid be a little shorter?

Thanks! You're right: the back panel or "backpacks" are a bit long. I shortened them by a plate width after you posted this comment. I'm not gonna repost new pics, though. You'll all just have to wait till I post another moc with BD's in it. :laugh:

Absolutely wonderful job on these M<0><0<DSWIM, Rex is a work of art, the wepons are very cleverly done as well and those first 3 pictures are great.

Also great idea Brickdoctor on the minifigs arms idea, very inspired.

Thanks, Mr Man! I love hearing one of my builds called a "work of art". Makes me glad I got that Fine Arts degree! :laugh::wink:

Instantly recognizable, Mood, and the posing is awesome. :drool:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, Doc, and thanks for blogging me! :sweet:

Hello!

That's really excellenece in scene. :classic: It's amazing what pieces you have used to create these brick figures. What impresses me most here is that you did not simply change the color scheme for each of the troopers, but instead you realised every little detail of personal customisation of their battle suits. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

That's really excellenece in scene. :classic: It's amazing what pieces you have used to create these brick figures. What impresses me most here is that you did not simply change the color scheme for each of the troopers, but instead you realised every little detail of personal customisation of their battle suits. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks, legostein! I think one of the best things about working at this scale IS that I can customize each character. It's alot of fun, too! :classic:

About time this made it to the frontpage. :thumbup:

By the way; any plans on making a Super Battle Droid? I think that would be pretty much awesome.

About time this made it to the frontpage. :thumbup:

By the way; any plans on making a Super Battle Droid? I think that would be pretty much awesome.

Wow! Thanks for letting me know I'm on the front page! I will eventually design another Super Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid the next time I feel like building a PT or CW moc. You can check out my 1st designs, as well as ALL my first Moodland Scale figs on Brickshelf :classic: :

My link

This is really well detailed and very clever! The Battle Droids are really outstanding and look very real! :classic: These figures are wonderful :thumbup:

This is really well detailed and very clever! The Battle Droids are really outstanding and look very real! :classic: These figures are wonderful :thumbup:

Thanks so much! :sweet:

Really great detail on Rex's pauldron and waistcape. These are so good that they should be put in the new star wars part of miniland!

Really great detail on Rex's pauldron and waistcape. These are so good that they should be put in the new star wars part of miniland!

Thanks! I wish they were! :laugh:

Captain Rex and Cody are really awesome.

I like the battle droids, but I'm not sure about their chests :sceptic: They're flat.

Captain Rex and Cody are really awesome.

I like the battle droids, but I'm not sure about their chests :sceptic: They're flat.

Thanks! I'll probably redesign the BD's again, using tan cheese slopes across the tops of the chests to make them stick out more. i just didn't have enough tan slopes to do that this time. *huh*