ER0L

MOC: Faun Airport Fire Truck

indexed.gif V-LF-3D

My first MOC: A brick version of the iconic late seventies German airport fire truck made by Faun (chassis) and Metz (coachwork, fire-fighting equipment, water pump etc.). Many boys at that time owned the famous die-cast model made by Siku - like I did, but I gave it away, just like all of the toys (Lego included). So building this MOC was just like a journey into childhood. Maybe this is what it's all about being an AFOL, isn't it? :wink:

More pics: Flickr

post-20651-131707573574.jpg

post-20651-131707577268.jpg

Excellent work-i've always loved Airport style fire engines they always just look more ready for action and heavy duty than normal ones and this has that look about it.

As for a journey back into your childhood I know exactly what you mean as I recently rediscovered my old Lego and got back into it in a big way.

(My threads under this one at the moment in case you want some details)

Sorry, next time I will be quicker with my answers.

Excellent work-i've always loved Airport style fire engines they always just look more ready for action and heavy duty than normal ones and this has that look about it.

As for a journey back into your childhood I know exactly what you mean as I recently rediscovered my old Lego and got back into it in a big way.

(My threads under this one at the moment in case you want some details)

Thank you for your kind comment. I left one in your thread, too.

Nice truck....proportions also look pretty good to me!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thank you very much, LegoSjaak. For a beginner like me it seems to be easier to design something rather big so that the proportions do not depend on a quarter of a small plate :wink:

AWESOME fire truck 'ER0L', the detailing is perfect ! :thumbup:

Excellent work and Brick On Fire Fight On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

Thank you 'lightningtiger'. I appreciate your kind comment!

Hi

All I can say is WOW! This is amazing. I love it looks so real.

Very nice work work I love it.

Charlie

Thank you very much for your kind comment, Charlie. In fact there are some differences to the real one. But people who know it seem to recognize it.

Very good looking truck. Nice use of Technics panel. :classic:

Thank you very much, 'dr_spock'! I am glad that you appreciate the use of the panel because I was quite unsure about that.

Beautiful work.

I'm sure it looks very close to the real truck. :thumbup:

Thank you very much 'ACCURATEin'. People seem to recognize it but rather because of its unique shape which can't be mistaken. I think nearly every German male of my age knows the famous die-cast model of this truck by SIKU.