Renegade Clone

[MOC] T-16 Skyhopper

gallery_101_23_281.gif

6186175423_271c330493_b.jpg

I came up with the basic construction for this T-16 years ago but never refined it until recently when Brickdoctor's version stirred my interest in it again. I'm now very happy with its stability and swooshableness!

6186176815_256f56d060_b.jpg

The light cannon can have a stack of translucent 2x2 round bricks attached to make a display stand.

6186177321_d9246b3c15_b.jpg

Due to the angled construction of the hull, it was fun trying to block up all the areas around the engine with greeblies!

6186177767_1f3e5000c9_b.jpg

I managed to cram both a seat and control column into the cockpit. I may replace the 2x4 red tiles with custom stickers over the 4x6 modified plates.

6186701234_c0654433fa_b.jpg

A Tatooine skyhopper jockey returns home after a hard days work racing through Beggar's Canyon.

Very nice work, Renegade Clone! Don't know if it was what you intended, but the smaller size of this MOC and the one-person cockpit makes this a lovely example of a System-scale MOC. I don't see those very often with this level of quality. I'm not too sure about the cockpit area, as the triangular shape is a little squarish, but that canopy piece works nicely.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

You've been silent since May and then you return with this! :wub:

Super work buddy - and I thought you were gone for good.

Boy am I glad I was wrong. :blush:

I had to look at this 5 times before answering. This is a GREAT MOC Renegade Clone, the perfect balance between Brickdoctors UCS like version and TLG <insert that tiresome argument> version. It's small swoshable and very detailed. I love it well done :sweet:.

Could we have a closer look at the pilot please?

There's not much to add to what most people have said already - a really lovely looking system scaled T-16, except, nice work on the photo editing too :thumbup:

I like how you included the Lars' homestead on the last pic :sweet:

AWESOME creation 'Renegade Clone', Luke Skywalker would be impressed ! :grin:

I really like the air cannon, perfect for getting those womp rats ! :grin:

Brick On 'Renegade Clone' ! :classic:

Hello!

A really fantastic looking skyhopper! :classic:

I appreciate the solution you have found to include a "trigonal" glass to both sides of the cockpit by hiding this windscreen pieces under the structure. Very clever! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Probably the best T-16 I ever saw. Very greatly designed. Agree to Legosteins comment with a brilliant

way to include the cockpit piece into this model.

Thanks for the comments everyone! :cry_happy:

The only thing is that you could maybe have fleshed out the underside more (@Brickdoctor: plenty more where that came from. :tongue:)

I've reworked the underside to be more accurate whilst making the gun removable and replacing the stand with a technic axle.

6212278387_975e47d736.jpg

Could we have a closer look at the pilot please?

He's just the original 4477 pilot with a flesh head.

6212278379_10a52a9b3e.jpg

I've reworked the underside to be more accurate whilst making the gun removable and replacing the stand with a technic axle.

*Snip*

He's just the original 4477 pilot with a flesh head.

*Snip*

Nice job on the underside :thumbup:, the Pilot also looks great with the flesh head.

Quick update here with some better pics of the alterations I've made underneath the model. :classic:

13095399085_93e9dff45f_z.jpg 13095680564_51d945ca22_z.jpg 13095384725_a4a2f03f13_z.jpg

Edited by Renegade Clone

Hello Renegade,

I am new to the forum and actually new to the world of lego MOC (I actually built few sets from Star Wars and wanted to modify them to my taste but never jumped so far). I wanted to modify the actual T16 Skyhopper set from Lego and started to look for MOC and found out your creation. I downloaded all the pictures and started to analyze them for trying to reproduce something similar (like others have said before and better than I would your set is incredible from my prospective).

Now comes the yes but. Would you mind revealing your secret of handling the connection between the top wing (the vertical one) to the structure (base) of the ship and how did you integrate the lateral wings to the structure as well to make it solide enough to play with ? I am actually building more and more Lego Star Wars sets for my four years old son who loves Star Wars (he is quite young but very delicate surprisingly with Lego).

Sorry for reopening this very old topic.

Thanks for your help or anyone else who could help me (as beginner).

Cheers,

Stephan.